Abel to Yzerman

Let The Spectacle Of A Wing/Leaf Throwdown Distract You From The Fact That This League Is A Joke

Negotiating ploy, posturing, a whole load of crap…whatever it is, the shrivs are at it again and the ones paying the price are those of us stupid enough to have believed something cool like the realignment couldn’t be ruined by the likes of Gary. Ass and his band of idiots.

George has it all here and will most likely tackle this more thoroughly than anyone else, because he’s Malik and that’s what Malik does. Winging it in Motown nailed it late last night too.

I will not be writing about it anytime soon because it sickens me and I only like talking about things that make me happy.

James F. Howard is going for his 100th win and the Wings are playing well.  By the time you read this the whole subject we won’t speak of might be resolved because it’s 0932 your time on game day, 1932 my time the day after (figure that shit out) and I’m pre-posting this bad boy.

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  Enjoy this one because you may not get another Wing/Laugh LB for a while if the dickheads have their way.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›      Next »

calquake's avatar

Grapes talking about goal scorers riding their sticks are calling them classless… well Don maybe you don’t remember Tiger Williams who used to do it after nearly every goal he scored.  What a richard.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 11:01 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Totally unrelated:  Why is it more expensive wine usually tastes worse?  Is my palette simply that unrefined?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:04 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Don Cherry is an Idiot..I Just say SWEDEN rule ..Ohh Boo Ho… Only Canadians Boy are good and behave well..Can’t just someone take this Ridiculous guy off the air. You might invented the game of hockey..but the Swed’s,Russian & Americans perfected it…Go back to Curling..You A Hole.. Let’s go Redwings

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/07/12 at 11:06 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

1st period SOG even 10-10

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/07/12 at 11:07 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/07/12 at 08:04 PM ET

Too many variables to give you a good answer.  More expensive should taste better… but not always.  I usually tell people not to worry about terms like “fruit- forward” or “buttery”.  Drink what tastes good to you.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 11:08 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 01/07/12 at 08:04 PM ET

Being in the wine business I think I can answer that one.  There are some wines that I often refer to as “*#$%@& wines”—expensive and made for suckers.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 11:08 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Time to get back into this game.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 11:08 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Being in the wine business

We need to talk.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 11:09 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Sorry that should read d*ckhead wines.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 11:10 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 08:08 PM ET

Well, when I refer to “more expensive,” I mean “$10 a bottle.”  Normally I drink the CHEAP shit from the high-volume “wineries.”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:11 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Wings had some of RedMenace wine prior to that Power Play.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 11:11 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I am hanging in here. I will switch back and forth between the Lions and Wings, but, for the most part, I will stay with the Wings.

Go Lions!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 11:11 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

We need to talk.

Uh-oh, in my experience, no good covnersation ever started that way.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 11:12 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I’m with you Kate.  A Wingaholic thru and thru.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 11:12 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Go Lions!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 08:11 PM ET

Kate, if you want to make this a Lions LB, please warn me before you do so… wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

These announcers are the worst homers ever. I know the Wings have not been very Wing like tonite, but come on.

Jeebus how many time are they going to say old and speed?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 11:14 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 08:12 PM ET

grin

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 11:14 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Oof, Kindl, thats not how to stay in the lineup.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 11:15 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

We really find out who the hard core Wings fans are on nights like this.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 11:15 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m with you Kate.  A Wingaholic thru and thru.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 08:12 PM ET

Amen, brother.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 11:15 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 08:14 PM ET

Sometimes I think the “H” in “HNIC” stands for “Homer.”

Man, that was a lot of quotation marks.  Here are some more, just for posterity: ” “”” ” ” “”“” ” ” “”“”“” “”“”“”“”“”“”“”“”” “

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:16 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I still Think Redwings will Win this game !!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/07/12 at 11:16 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

And we’ll take that.  Let’s keep it going, boys.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:16 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Big Bert screening….maybe even bumping

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 11:16 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Drink what tastes good to you.

All I can add to that universal truth is the word “often”

Posted by dougie on 01/07/12 at 11:16 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

That’s one.  Need ttwo to tie, tjhree to win.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/07/12 at 11:17 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Serial Killer! Unibomber!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 11:17 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

WOO HOO!  Magic, Franzen, Bert, GO WINGS!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/07/12 at 11:17 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Let’s go Redwings   clap clap clap…

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/07/12 at 11:18 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Yes, directly overhead is the best option to check the height of a stick.

Idiots.

Yeah, octopi.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:18 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Dare I say the next Shut Whore Mouth?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 11:19 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Mick thinks it’s a good goal. Thas not a good sign

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 11:19 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Kronwall making the play at the blueline.  None of that happens without him making the diving effort.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:19 PM ET

Jeebus how many time are they going to say old and speed?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 08:14 PM ET

Had I not know better I would have thought the Leafs were leading the league in points and were the fastest team in the history of the NHL.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/07/12 at 11:20 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Good Goal, Thanks Reviewers! Wings on the Board 1-3.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/07/12 at 11:21 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Much more shoot. Me likey.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/07/12 at 11:21 PM ET

calquake's avatar

So far I’m seeing more work this period.  Me likey.

Posted by calquake on 01/07/12 at 11:22 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Gustavsson is looking REALLY shaky right now… keep peppering him, Wings.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/07/12 at 11:22 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Woah, nice plays from Kindl, Bert needs to bury that tho.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/07/12 at 11:23 PM ET