Abel to Yzerman

King for a Day… Fool for a Lifetime

While there are several issues with the Wings this season, a couple stand out above the rest... and one in particular on the flatli -- I mean, blue line:

Didn't know he had a street in Wisconsin SoCal named after him, did you? Neither did I.

(sticktap to Alan for the picture, and stoney for the correction)

So here we sit, battered, bruised, broken - and if you're like me, soiled - watching our beloved Detroit Red Wings press on through the meatgrinder that is the Western Conference's current Playoff lineup. They've battled through ridiculous injuries, questionable coaching and roster decisions, and generally poor play from those whom better should be expected (I'm looking at you, Quincey, Howard, Cleary, and Samuelsson), and tenuously cling to a Wild Card spot thanks to a couple of surging teams in the East. I don't expect a win tonight. Nor do I expect a win tomorrow. One or two points out of this trip would be nothing short of miraculous at this juncture.

But we'll be here, glued to our televisions, computers, or other devices, gluttons for punishment; 19 in all, from across the globe, and all walks of life. Disagree if you will, argue if you must, but batten down the hatches, because the second half of the season is going to be a test for one and all.

As Kate would say, We're All In.

It's a Live Blog, Bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 6 7 8

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

We WIN! And I managed to stay up late. Life is good!

Lets Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/12/14 at 01:18 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Good win !!!!  I’m so happy Tatar had the winning goal !!!
G’night Y’all !!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/12/14 at 01:18 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

wings win
wings win
party time

excellent

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/12/14 at 01:18 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Another one/won tomorrow. Be there.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/12/14 at 01:20 AM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/12/14 at 01:20 AM ET

Since we’re playing BBig ruce and his Thuggish Ruggish Ducks tomorrow, I’ll be happy with a OTL. But the goal should be two points and a solid W.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/12/14 at 01:25 AM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

It’s not pretty, but 2 wins to start this west coast trip….I’ll take it.

Gees, I would love to see this team play 15 games with Hank, Pav, mule, Weiss, helm, Ericsson in the lineup at the same time.

I’ll take 1 point against the dicks..err ducks and call the trip a success.

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/12/14 at 01:32 AM ET

Trish's avatar

Jimmah out for tomorrow v the Duh Ucks.  Razor getting a chance to start

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 01/12/14 at 01:41 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

What a gutsy scrappy win and a very timely important two points!

Not having Datsyuk out there really hurts on the face-offs, really had to scrap to overcome that huge deficit in possessions.

As I asked this morning somewhere, who comes back at 5 o’clock Specific time to play goalie tomorrow?

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/12/14 at 01:42 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Jimmah out for tomorrow v the Duh Ucks.  Razor getting a chance to start

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 01/12/14 at 01:41 AM ET

Yeah I guess that’s the right move. Would be very unusual for a goalie to come back on 21 hours.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/12/14 at 01:44 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Word has it he is injured, not just resting.  Sore hip.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/12/14 at 01:48 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I thought he looked like he was skating bent over a couple of times and not the normal way they look when just catching their breath.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/12/14 at 01:49 AM ET

Bent's avatar

I don’t know what the wings did to piss off the hockey gods but it isn’t funny anymore.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/12/14 at 01:52 AM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

We already had two points(Dallas) when you wrote this, and we now have four… after tomorrow we’ll have six.

We broke Colorado’s undefeated streak, and we’re gonna break Anaheim’s.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 01/12/14 at 02:45 AM ET

alwaysaurie's avatar

Forgot to quote what in your blurb I was responding to…

I get sloppy when I’m happy.

Posted by alwaysaurie on 01/12/14 at 02:46 AM ET