Abel to Yzerman

Ken Holland’s Forgotten Red Wings

I just took a look at the NHL.com home page.  Why? I was going to find out how many games are left in the Holland Opus (2017-18 season).

Then I got curious.

I counted 61 headlines from top to bottom, to include the stories on the side bar sections.

61 stories: not one headline mentioning the Red Wings.

54 pictures on the main page. None of a Red Wing.

Literally the only mention was in the list of upcoming games on Gary's flaship, NBCSN.  The Wings play LA on NBC on....15 March.  Beware.

Sorry, Shakespeare reference.

If I have seemed morose this whole year, I have been. I won't apologize for it.  Anyone accepting what Ken Holland and "his team of advisors" have allowed this team to turn into...I question you.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

LGRW and FKHASAP.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

Paul's avatar

FYI, no quick game recap after the game, I will catch up in the morning.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/12/18 at 09:06 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Looking forward to Chevy’s 5 shifts with none in the 3rd period

Posted by ilovehomers on 03/12/18 at 09:09 PM ET

calquake's avatar

It’s a great late night for a hockey game.  L.G.R.W.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 09:10 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

“Et tu Brute?”

Evenin’ Bitches!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/12/18 at 09:11 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Imma gonna try to stay awake. If not, I can read Paul’s recap in the AM.

Remember when, if you fell asleep early, during a West Coast game, you could rest assured the outcome would most likely be a Wings win? I do.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/12/18 at 09:17 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/12/18 at 10:17 PM ET

Based on my avatar I am granting absolution to anyone not able to last the entire game. cheese

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 09:21 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/12/18 at 10:17 PM ET

Or we watched Sharkie hanging by a rope 100ft. in the air and the crew placed mats on the ice below him if he fell.  The look on Bowman’s face was priceless.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/12/18 at 09:23 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ahoy, Evenin’ Bitches!

Thinking about the Holland Red Wings made me think of this; there are more than 50 sphincter muscles in the human body.  How many can you name?

Posted by RWBill on 03/12/18 at 09:29 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Fun fact.
Pet4 Mrazek 2017-18 Save pct
Detroit .910
Philly .897

Posted by RWBill on 03/12/18 at 09:30 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/12/18 at 10:23 PM ET

Good times. Bowman was like the Borg. “You must assimilate.”

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/12/18 at 09:32 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hey Y’all !!!

LGRW clap clap clap

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/12/18 at 09:33 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 10:21 PM ET

Absolutely. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/12/18 at 09:34 PM ET

calquake's avatar

How many can you name?

Well let’s see… there’s Pruitt, DeVos, Mnuchin, Zinke and Pence to name a few. And then there’s the bigliest one Donald.  cheese

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. Bad Quaker.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 09:37 PM ET

Let’s go boys!

Posted by Grampy504 on 03/12/18 at 09:39 PM ET

LGRW

game on

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/12/18 at 09:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Is there a blue tint to this or is the arena darker?

Posted by RWBill on 03/12/18 at 09:40 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Not So Happy Anniversary, SJ Sharkie!

Posted by ilovehomers on 03/12/18 at 09:40 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Is there a blue tint to this or is the arena darker?

IIRC when Mo and I attended a game there, the lighting did seem to have a bluish tint to it.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 09:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Rule changes I like: eliminating the red line 2-line pass.
Rule I don’t:  the trapezoid.  Why keep it?

Posted by RWBill on 03/12/18 at 09:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Rule I don’t:  the trapezoid.  Why keep it?

For all the math nerds. “Hockey Is For Everyone”.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 09:44 PM ET

calquake's avatar

DALEY!!

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 09:45 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

yihaaaa Daley

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/12/18 at 09:45 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-0 Daley. cheese

Posted by bigfrog on 03/12/18 at 09:45 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Daley!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/12/18 at 09:46 PM ET

1-0

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/12/18 at 09:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hey, goal! From the prolific Trevor Daley.  Lots of chances early.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin’ on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 10:37 PM ET

How’s that secession process going?  California already has a stiffer car inspection driving into the state than Saudi Arabia.  The players probably needed their passports stamped to get into California.

Posted by RWBill on 03/12/18 at 09:47 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. Bad Quaker.

Good Quaker. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/12/18 at 09:47 PM ET

PP…...have something to say, Bill?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/12/18 at 09:48 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

I’ve hated the trapezoid since it’s inception. Don’t let fatso and his inflated stats linger in this league.

Hasek >>

Posted by ilovehomers on 03/12/18 at 09:49 PM ET

calquake's avatar

That’s correct. Cali is a hell-hole, bankrupt, and a haven for illegals. Whatever you do don’t move here. rolleyes

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 09:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Is it too early to say I hope we can kill off our power play?

Posted by RWBill on 03/12/18 at 09:51 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I love to visit California.  Amazingly beautiful place(s).

Posted by RWBill on 03/12/18 at 09:54 PM ET

Why are we changing lines already

Posted by stateofmifan on 03/12/18 at 09:54 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Third game in a row the opposition has had a short handed breakaway. shut eye

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/12/18 at 09:54 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I love to visit California.  Amazingly beautiful place(s).

I wish I knew of a way to post the pictures I’ve taken off the deck of my home. At times the sunsets are stunning.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 09:56 PM ET

calquake's avatar

That looked easy.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/12/18 at 09:57 PM ET

oof

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/12/18 at 09:58 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

1-1. Of course. red face

Posted by bigfrog on 03/12/18 at 09:58 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hola bitches.  Checking in for a minute and will read aboot your shenanigans in the morning.
Jinny totally faked oot there.  LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/12/18 at 09:58 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar