Abel to Yzerman

It’s A Skate To The Throat Kind of Sunday

I’ve never tried to hide what Game 7s do to me.  They make me a wreck, nothing but a shadow of the calm, composed, well adjusted adult I am on most other days.

For fans of other teams, with expectations much lower than ours?  A Game 7 can mean opportunity, a new way of life even.  If they win, oh the rapture.

Us? All we imagine is horror.

So let’s avoid that shall we?

Let’s go ahead and press down.  Slice the mother through and through.  Skate to the throat.  Press down for the sake of domestic animals from Michigan to Malibu.

13 to 12.

9 until Redemption begins.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›      Next »

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

there you go.  get in Breezy’s kitchen.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/25/10 at 04:37 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

F*ck Bryzhjdskahksjfha.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/25/10 at 04:37 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Essence in the net with the puck - -

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/25/10 at 04:37 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

ive seen Fil do more things in this series than I have seen in his entire career with the Wings so far…

Posted by pgoody on 04/25/10 at 04:37 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Fauxin’ A, I hate to agree with Edzo.
But Fil does “got it goin’ on this afternoon”.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/25/10 at 04:37 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/25/10 at 04:37 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Dos Equis commercial are annoying as hell.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/25/10 at 04:38 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Fil is on fire.

Tuzzi was leaning over feeling his mouth.

Posted by Osrt on 04/25/10 at 04:38 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

His mother has a tattoo ...“Son”

I chuckled.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/25/10 at 04:38 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Posted by monkey from bat country on 04/25/10 at 02:37 PM ET

aLOL.
Been saving that one for awhile?

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/25/10 at 04:38 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

no seriously, the start of this game is so identical to a recurring nightmare of mine it’s fuching crazy…

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/25/10 at 04:38 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Dos Equis commercial are annoying as hell.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/25/10 at 04:39 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Dos Equis commercial are annoying as hell.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...19 Straight Years In the Playoffs… on 04/25/10 at 02:38 PM ET

Everything is as annoying as hell when the game is going like this.

Especially the DC.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 04/25/10 at 04:39 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I bet gas station attendants who get paid shit are real happy about the Ford truck commercial that calls them all money-grubbing Smiley Gladhands.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/25/10 at 04:39 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

DOUCHE Canoe sighting.

Shorties a whoops.  Yeah, Mikey.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/25/10 at 04:39 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Mike - - we are playing well - - okay.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/25/10 at 04:39 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

It’s cool, we’re good at 5 on 5.

JJ, MO, what’s with the uncharacteristic optimism?  Have you guys been smoking opium?

VooX, do you have some of that new beer with candy in it?  You know, Skittlebrau.  If I’ve made it up, then I’m just going to have to whip up a batch of my homemade Prozac.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 04:39 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

im now watching Top Gun and just following the blog… *sigh*

Posted by pgoody on 04/25/10 at 04:39 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

“Your questions not worth an answer you little bald knob. I’ve got work to to DC. Faux off”.
Short hand for Uncle Mike.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/25/10 at 04:40 PM ET

pilgrim's avatar

Fil is on fire.

Tuzzi was leaning over feeling his mouth.

Posted by Osrt on 04/25/10 at 02:38 PM ET

He bit his cheek.

Posted by pilgrim from the ice at the bottom of the world on 04/25/10 at 04:40 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Been saving that one for awhile?

Just came across it recently at http://glassbangers.com  Som.e pretty good stuff on there.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/25/10 at 04:40 PM ET

Triple Deke Tyler's avatar

I hope Todd didn’t hurt his lower gums there.

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 04/25/10 at 04:40 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

So they killed a 5 on 3 and scored a shorty right before hand.  I smell lots and lots of danger.
Posted by ITDeuce

I would say it is more like;;;

“detroit killed a 3 on 5”

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 04/25/10 at 04:41 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas

Wait a minute. You mean they don’t make money per gallon?

Posted by Osrt on 04/25/10 at 04:41 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

JJ’s been making the shit all season. I’m only 15 miles away so it’s easy to bootleg across the state line.
Or…I just think if we keep the pedal down for 60 it’ll pay off.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/25/10 at 04:41 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Greedy minimum wage bastards.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/25/10 at 04:42 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

I hope Todd didn’t hurt his lower gums there.

Just changing the wad of shredded dried babies in his mouth and he hit a bone.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 04:43 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Like MO said, I’ve been selling Kool-Aid all season.

Also, it’s been a very long time since the Red Wings have lost a playoff game in the first ten minutes.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/25/10 at 04:43 PM ET

monkey's avatar

“He makes money on gas”...

Yeah, about two cents a gallon.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/25/10 at 04:43 PM ET

pilgrim's avatar

Greedy minimum wage bastards.

Posted by monkey from bat country on 04/25/10 at 02:42 PM ET

No kidding man, this guy near my house is so fuching greedy he works two jobs.

Posted by pilgrim from the ice at the bottom of the world on 04/25/10 at 04:43 PM ET

monkey's avatar

No kidding man, this guy near my house is so fuching greedy he works two jobs.

Lazy *#$%@&.  Only two jobs?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 04/25/10 at 04:44 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Let’s bounce a few off Bryzjdsahjksd.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/25/10 at 04:44 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

I just think if we keep the pedal down for 60 it’ll pay off.

No doubt that it will.  There’s only doubt that they won’t.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 04:44 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

A one goal lead and maybe Tippett won’t pull all 5 back and clog the $hit out of the neutral zone.
We’ve seen a litle speed ‘tween the blue lines. It’s just a matter of maintaing the pace.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/25/10 at 04:45 PM ET

Wings_Fan_In_KC's avatar

Fricking Bryzhaskgfsahgfjkas.

Posted by Wings_Fan_In_KC from ...somewhere southwest of The Motor City... on 04/25/10 at 04:45 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

nice whistle, moron.  the puck was 5 feet from the goalie!

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/25/10 at 04:45 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

quick whistle there eh?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/25/10 at 04:45 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Tuzzi with a nice play to FIl and Z with a nice drive.

Posted by Osrt on 04/25/10 at 04:45 PM ET

Triple Deke Tyler's avatar

“The strength of Zetterberg…”

I thought Milbury said he wasn’t—you know what, never mind.

Posted by Triple Deke Tyler from Lansing on 04/25/10 at 04:45 PM ET