Abel to Yzerman

It’s A Skate To The Throat Kind of Sunday

I’ve never tried to hide what Game 7s do to me.  They make me a wreck, nothing but a shadow of the calm, composed, well adjusted adult I am on most other days.

For fans of other teams, with expectations much lower than ours?  A Game 7 can mean opportunity, a new way of life even.  If they win, oh the rapture.

Us? All we imagine is horror.

So let’s avoid that shall we?

Let’s go ahead and press down.  Slice the mother through and through.  Skate to the throat.  Press down for the sake of domestic animals from Michigan to Malibu.

13 to 12.

9 until Redemption begins.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 24 25 26 27 >       Next »

Twig in Houston's avatar

at least ryan miller can shave that chester the molester stache now.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 04/26/10 at 10:43 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

if washington loses, the pens have home ice in the east.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 04/26/10 at 10:45 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Sabres just got absolutely fuched by the refs - they score to make it 4-3 with a minute left, they pull Miller, 30 seconds left, Bruins clearly ice the puck, refs wave it off for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Posted by stayouttamalibu

Didn’t see this. Buffalo, not us, are the league’s favorite punching bag, as Chief already pointed out.

Posted by Osrt on 04/26/10 at 10:45 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

‘lil bro 3, prednecks 3
@ 0:54 in the 1st

and BOS moves on

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/26/10 at 10:46 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

‘lil bro 4, prednecks 3
@ 0:30.4 in the 1st

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/26/10 at 10:47 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Posted by Osrt on 04/26/10 at 09:45 PM ET

Yeah, the officiating was unreal in the whole game.  We would have been fuching furious.  Hell, I was fuching furious.  Unbelievably inconsistent in all realms.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/26/10 at 10:49 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

What a first period - I hope this game ends 14-11 Preds.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/26/10 at 10:51 PM ET

Twig in Houston's avatar

hopefully the wings have vs in their hotel or are at least huddled around ozzies cell phone to see buffalo get eliminated. might motivate them or something.

Posted by Twig in Houston from Houston, TX on 04/26/10 at 10:52 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I feel a lot better after watching Halak’s performance in Montreal.  If Bryzgalov had been that lights out in game 6, I would have committed seppuku by now.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/26/10 at 11:00 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

I hope the Canadians win that series now, just to showcase the “parity” in the (L)East, 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds advancing…

Posted by pgoody on 04/26/10 at 11:19 PM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Hawks with their fourth consecutive PP in the 2nd now.  Geez.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/26/10 at 11:31 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Hits are 23-6 Nashville…

Posted by pgoody on 04/26/10 at 11:33 PM ET

Do any of the 19 have a recommendation for a bar in New York city to watch game 7?  I am unexpectedly stuck in New York for the next two days, and thanks to Gary.Ass have no clue where to reliably find VERSUS in this city.  Any help is appreciated.

Posted by anthony on 04/26/10 at 11:34 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas

No doubt. But if Breezy plays like that tomorrow, I’m going to hunt you down and do unspeakable things that will require video replay to understand.

Chicago with 10 freakin minutes of PP and nothing to show. NSH has gotta be exhausted though.

Posted by Osrt on 04/26/10 at 11:45 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

If Bryzgalov plays like that tomorrow and you can get to me before I can find a sharp object to jab into my gut, then credit to you, man.

Posted by anthony on 04/26/10 at 10:34 PM ET

Wish I could help, man.  Sorry.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/26/10 at 11:49 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

holy crap.  I’m stuck in a hotel in Dallas for the week.  usually hotel Internet sucks.

I just ran it at speedtest.net…

14ms ping
8Mb download
7Mb upload

that’s better than my cable Internet at home, by far!

I should have lugged my PS3 with me…they have a little box on the desk with every connection to the TV you can imagine.  if you ever have a chance to stay in an Aloft hotel…DO IT.  swanky.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/26/10 at 11:56 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/26/10 at 10:56 PM ET

The newer Hyatt Places have that as well.  It’s awesome.  We stayed at one in Grand Rapids that had things like that, and motion-activated lights.  We hooked a Wii up and let the kids go to town on the big-screen in the room… I felt very out-of-place there.

Posted by Primis on 04/27/10 at 12:06 AM ET

Osrt's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas

I’ve never been picky about bodies. Short, tall, fatties (have to pay), slim, alive, dead…whatever.

Posted by Osrt on 04/27/10 at 12:15 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

CHI moves on.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/10 at 12:36 AM ET

Osrt's avatar

Dumb Bubba…

Some of the worst officiating I’ve seen.

Posted by Osrt on 04/27/10 at 12:38 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Dumb Bubba…

Some of the worst officiating I’ve seen.

Posted by Osrt on 04/26/10 at 11:38 PM ET

Seriously, it paled in comparison to tonights Sabres/Bruins game.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 12:51 AM ET

doozy104's avatar

my youtube vid of the OT goals scored so far in the playoffs

Posted by doozy104 from Vancouver on 04/27/10 at 02:04 AM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Brewery name is pretty cool though, 21st Amendment Brewery.  Gets good reviews online.  Let me know how it goes, and maybe I’ll have to ask in at Pitfield’s for a case next time I’m there.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 01:36 PM ET

Funny thing, Andrew - this is one of my regular hangouts in San Francisco.  They’re right by where I work, so the ol’ 3-pint lunch is a common occurance there. Awesome hop utilization by their brewers.  They really like the amarillo, cascade, and chinook hops there.

Mmm mmm, bitches!

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 04/27/10 at 03:39 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Mmmm, hops…

Astounding.  Campbell actually came right out and said what the League’s disciplinary policy is based on:

In a preemptive statement, Campbell also wrote Hossa’s incident was different than earlier incidents (read: the Ovechkin hit).

“This play is distinguishable from recent incidents by a number of factors, including the degree of contact involved; the fact that the consequences of the play do not appear to be as severe; that this was a hockey play involving a race for the puck; that Mr. Hossa is not a repeat offender and that the call of a major penalty by the referee was significant and appropriate,” Campbell wrote.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/27/10 at 06:24 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

I just started getting a bad feeling about tomorrow.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 06:43 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I just started getting a bad feeling about tomorrow.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from Temporarily in Tempe, AZ on 04/27/10 at 05:43 AM ET

Good, because the game is tonight.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/10 at 06:52 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

The Montreal game was great. Their fans are some of the best fans in the world.

Plus, I can’t take the whiny Boudreau. Go Habs.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/10 at 06:59 AM ET

dougie's avatar

I just started getting a bad feeling about tomorrow.

We call that “Saturday” at my house, when there is a Wings game scheduled for Sunday afternoon.

I made Kool-Aid instead of coffee this morning, bitches. It’s all good, brah.

Daddy has to go to work now. Please don’t fire the whole damn team and coaching staff while I am away today. Again.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by dougie on 04/27/10 at 07:01 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

Good, because the game is tonight.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa. on 04/27/10 at 05:52 AM ET

I like your attitude…but I always consider “today” to mean “until I go to bed” and I stay up late.  I hope my gut is wrong.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 04/27/10 at 07:09 AM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

I hope my gut is wrong.

Judging by the smell emanating from it, it sure is.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/27/10 at 07:31 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I always consider “today” to mean “until I go to bed” and I stay up late.

I know what you mean. Plus the 3 hour time difference. See ya at the LB. Game is at 9:00.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/10 at 07:32 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I didn’t sleep too well last night. I am usually not up until 6:00am. Something is in the something.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/27/10 at 07:35 AM ET

MarkK's avatar

Something is in the something.

RSV

LGRW

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/27/10 at 07:43 AM ET

Osrt's avatar

Kool-Aid, check.

Jumpsuit, check.

The L. Ron Hubbard Collection, check.

Energy meter, check.

Blizzard, check.

Rusty objects to stab puppies…damn….Mama be back.

Posted by Osrt on 04/27/10 at 08:39 AM ET

edillac's avatar

wings need some production ?

what about some goaltending,dont let in a first softie shot,please Howie
how about Kronwall stopping the puck on the blueline while on a PP
how about not playin Brett Stuart
what is a Dan Cleary?
time for Eaves or Bert to bury one chance
Mule,please just do it

if I post it many times,maybe it will work wonders for the team

Has anyone ever prayed in their life? I am considering trying that shit,not to keen on sacrificing animals,or maybe doing some good wibe telepathy?

Posted by edillac from isolation on 04/27/10 at 08:54 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

This made me literally laugh out loud.  And I HATE it when people mis-use the word literally.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from Temporarily in Tempe, AZ on 04/26/10 at 08:02 PM ET

I feel virtually the same way.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/27/10 at 09:04 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

my youtube vid of the OT goals scored so far in the playoffs

Posted by doozy104 from Vancouver on 04/27/10 at 01:04 AM ET

nice work (!)

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/10 at 09:15 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I feel virtually the same way.

Posted by RWBill from The bar on The Hasek. v00x! Hurry up Bitch! on 04/27/10 at 08:04 AM ET

Figuratively speaking of course.

//adjusts tinfoil hat//

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/27/10 at 09:20 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Written-form Kool-Aid:

-Red Wings’ record in Game Sevens: 12-8
-Coyotes/Jets’ record in Game Sevens: 0-4 (only 1 goal scored)
-this season Wings’ record on games immediately following a 3-goal-deficit-loss: 8-1-1
-Howard’s save percentage on games immediately after giving up 4+ goals: .925
-the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seeds are on to the second round. The last time the western 4 best seeds advanced to the second round was in 2002.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/27/10 at 09:25 AM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/27/10 at 08:25 AM ET

Atta boy Herm.
I slept quite well not nervous, not wound up… keeping an even keel today.
Just play baby.