Abel to Yzerman

It’s A Skate To The Throat Kind of Sunday

I’ve never tried to hide what Game 7s do to me.  They make me a wreck, nothing but a shadow of the calm, composed, well adjusted adult I am on most other days.

For fans of other teams, with expectations much lower than ours?  A Game 7 can mean opportunity, a new way of life even.  If they win, oh the rapture.

Us? All we imagine is horror.

So let’s avoid that shall we?

Let’s go ahead and press down.  Slice the mother through and through.  Skate to the throat.  Press down for the sake of domestic animals from Michigan to Malibu.

13 to 12.

9 until Redemption begins.

Filed in: Admitting I'm Wrong, | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

RWBill's avatar

Chief you’re a friggin wreck on a Tuesday night game in November,  much less a game 7.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/25/10 at 02:07 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’mma 22 oz into Green Flash Imperial IPA already.  Brewery there in San Diego County isn’t open on Sundays, Chief.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/25/10 at 02:08 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Well, last game Chief brought up the specter of OT, and it didn’t happen.  This time, he brings up a Game Seven.  God willing, the same thing happens this time.  Reverse mojo.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 02:08 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Home game. It’s time:

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/25/10 at 02:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

OMFG I’mma spamming the LB already, just call me Lovely G.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/25/10 at 02:09 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

End it today.  None of this game 7 nonsense.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/25/10 at 02:09 PM ET

monkey's avatar

O

MFG I’mma spamming the LB already, just call me Lovely G.

Ok LovelyG.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/25/10 at 02:13 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The writing is on the wall, Herm, great pic.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/25/10 at 02:13 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Will be heading to the Good Luck House (brothers), where I’ve watched every Wings win in this series. Every game I’ve stayed home to watch, they have lost.

So it’s to the store for liquor, and off to the basement bar.

Good luck to all of us.

We must win.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/25/10 at 02:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s A Skate To The Throat Kind of Sunday

by IwoCPO on 04/25/10 at 12:49 PM ET

My favorite kind of Sunday.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/25/10 at 02:15 PM ET

MarkK's avatar

Can I pull your hair too, RWBill?

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/25/10 at 02:16 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

from the KK main blog…

Detroit GM Ken Holland will be saying goodbye to Jason Williams ($1.5 million), Kirk Maltby ($833,000) and Brad May ($482,000) to fit in Jiri Hudler’s $2.87-million salary cap hit next season.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/25/10 at 02:17 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/25/10 at 01:09 PM ET

J

The right picture at just the right time. Imagine seeing that every time you go to work. Thanks Herm.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/25/10 at 02:18 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Aside of sentimental connection with #18, yay!

And amd I crazy or don’t have a game 6 at home since 1999?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/25/10 at 02:19 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

And amd I crazy or don’t have a game 6 at home since 1999?

it’s been a long time since the Wings have been the lower seed.

of course, you’re still crazy.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/25/10 at 02:19 PM ET

no joy in mudville today http://photos.denverpost.com/photogalleries/avalancheimages/#id=album-108647&num=content-2118083

Posted by tommy from denver on 04/25/10 at 02:20 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Detroit GM Ken Holland will be saying goodbye to Jason Williams

He should have to give his salary back. He certainly didn’t earn it this season.

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/25/10 at 02:20 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Beautiful sunny spring morning here in the pacific northwest…the dog has been walked, the breakfast has been eaten, and so now I slip into the hockey dungeon to enjoy this beautiful day the only way I know how…

LGRW!....time to dispatch little Gary’s pound puppies to the scrap heap of despair!!

and damnit I need a drink!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/25/10 at 02:22 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Can I pull your hair too, RWBill?
Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 04/25/10 at 01:16 PM ET

My short ones, yes.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/25/10 at 02:24 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

“senior prom or the Avs, I picked the Avs”

much better to go to a hockey game with your girlfriends than to the prom…with your girlfriends.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/25/10 at 02:25 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I need VooX. I’ll have a triple shot of Jimmahs special “STFU Kate.” With an H2o chaser. Please.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/25/10 at 02:26 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jimmahs=Jimmah’s. Bitches.

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/25/10 at 02:26 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

of course, you’re still crazy.

Absolutely. I’m at my girlfriend’s house for this game, and brought the booblehead with me.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/25/10 at 02:26 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Win

That is all.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/25/10 at 02:27 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Awesome pic from the last thread, Stevis.

LGRW

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/25/10 at 02:28 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Put my new DETROIT REDWING License plate cover on my car, Wearing my “new” Zetterberg Jersey, Pulled up a chair, Logged on to blog - I am ready!
OK, WINGS, Lets make #6 at the Joe and for us watching the last dance for Phoenix.

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/25/10 at 02:29 PM ET

For me, Wings. No more Tyson Nash.

Posted by Tyler from Arizona on 04/25/10 at 02:30 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

OMG Andrew,  Founders “Double Trouble” IPA.  OMFG, Bell’s Two Hearted +1.

9.4% ABV | 86 IBUs
An imperial IPA that was brewed to turn your world upside down. Hops have got you coming and going. Pungent aromatics up front paired with a malt balanced backbone and a smooth bitter finish.

What an incredible Sunday Brunch.  An epic hop blast to the back of the tongue.  Great follow-up to the Green Flash Imperial IPA.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/25/10 at 02:30 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Dammit.  Hate to see Malts go, and I hope this doesn’t affect our ability to re-sign Unabomber/Killer Miller/Eaves, but otherwise good news.

Welcome back, Happy.  Let’s see those skills that made you such a star in the K.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 02:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by RWBill from The bar on The Hasek. v00x! Hurry up Bitch! on 04/25/10 at 01:30 PM ET

No bacon?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/25/10 at 02:32 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

I hear we’re going to we’re going to fuch some dogs this afternoon.

Wait, fuch a team of dogs? That’s just sick.

Posted by Osrt on 04/25/10 at 02:34 PM ET

Osrt's avatar

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor

No doubt. I’m sure the organization will Keep Malts in the fold somehow. He and Drapes will be a part of this thing for a long time.

Posted by Osrt on 04/25/10 at 02:35 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

NBC means Douchebury and the Douche Canoe. Oh I’m loving hockey.(sarcasm)

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/25/10 at 02:36 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Hey, Osrt, how you doin’? Miss me?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/25/10 at 02:36 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

OMG Andrew, Founders “Double Trouble” IPA.  OMFG, Bell’s Two Hearted +1.

“Imperial IPA?”  Methinks they’re mixing histories, but what the hell.  I’m there, though I’m not sure if it’s worth putting up with that much heat (9.4% ABV?!?) for a good hit of big IBUs.  Brewery name is pretty cool though, 21st Amendment Brewery.  Gets good reviews online.  Let me know how it goes, and maybe I’ll have to ask in at Pitfield’s for a case next time I’m there.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 02:36 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

thought I’d toot my own horn and repost this for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/25/10 at 02:36 PM ET

You guys are making me jealous with your IPA talk, especially Two Hearted.  Eh I’ll be back in the Mitten in 3 weeks, will just have to settle for Tennent’s and my Speyside single malt in the mean time.

Posted by Hochs from The Kingdom of Fife, Scotland on 04/25/10 at 02:37 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Kate, I finished my bacon yesterday, had to make a choice.  dammit, epic salty bacon grease on tongue washed down with high-hopped Ale.  why did it take me 55 years to discover this?

LGRW, bitches!

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/25/10 at 02:38 PM ET

AndrewFromAnnArbor's avatar

Wait, fuch a team of dogs? That’s just sick.

Depends on how your frame it.  Are we talking gangbang, spit-roast, daisy-chain?  Help me out here.

Posted by AndrewFromAnnArbor from Fortress Europe on 04/25/10 at 02:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Osrt on 04/25/10 at 01:35 PM ET

Agreed. These two have much hockey wisdom to offer and Mr.I. takes care of his own.
It’s nice to know that loyalty counts for something these days.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!