Abel to Yzerman

It’s An Original Six Meeting - Montreal vs. Detroit

Look here, game starts at 7:00pm ET just in case you did not know.

Howard vs. Price is the key tonight.  Jimmy has to be on top of his game.

Defense needs to tighten up and get the puck out of the defensive zone.

Babcock said today the opposition has the puck 66% of the time so all the Wings do is check.

So how about turning that checking into a forecheck and put some pressure on the Habs' defense?

Also noted from the last two games is Detroit seemed to forget about attacking the middle offensive zone.  Do it and success will follow.

Win, score one more goal and get ready for the 12:30pm start on Saturday against Boston at the Joe.game in Toronto on Saturday night. Duh!

Let's make it a very lively blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I blame the shitty PP on the goalie too. He can’t even get the puck over in the offensive zone.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/27/14 at 07:28 PM ET

Cool story, maybe hold the rest of the team to that sentiment as well.

Posted by SK77 on 03/27/14 at 07:26 PM ET

No kidding.  Franzen and Kronwall with drop passes to no where on the PP allowing 1 forechecker to keep them from even gaining center ice.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/14 at 07:28 PM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

Cool story, maybe hold the rest of the team to that sentiment as well.

Posted by SK77 on 03/27/14 at 07:26 PM ET

No argument from me.  My only point is, ANY goalie is the last line of defense and is supposed to bail his teammates out from time to time.  Five minutes into a HUGE home game against a team ahead of you in the standings is one of those “time to times” I’m talking about.

Posted by Bill from GR on 03/27/14 at 07:29 PM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

Crap, gotta punch out, 19.

Cheer the boys on for me.

Posted by Bill from GR on 03/27/14 at 07:30 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

4 on 4

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/27/14 at 07:33 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

sheesh

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/27/14 at 07:34 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Unreal.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/27/14 at 07:34 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ole #17 behind the Habs bench.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/27/14 at 07:34 PM ET

It’s time for a timeout. Smitty, you are killing me.

Posted by Lidstromfan on 03/27/14 at 07:35 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jeeze/FUCH!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/27/14 at 07:35 PM ET

monkey's avatar

ridiculous

Posted by monkey from Prague on 03/27/14 at 07:36 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I think we all realize Jimmy played like horse dung the first half of the season. But especially the last week or 3, Jimmy has been outstanding. He’s making more good and great saves than anyone should be expecting him to. At some point, that stuff goes in.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/27/14 at 07:36 PM ET

Not a great pass by Smith, but Kronwall absolutely has to find a way to control that.  As a leader you don’t let that puck by you like that.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/14 at 07:36 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Thanx howard for being so stellar..!!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/27/14 at 07:37 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

I blame the goalie for the give away by Kronner and Smitty.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/27/14 at 07:38 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

sheanhan cn’t buy a goal ....

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/27/14 at 07:39 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Jimmy shoulda but that backhander in for Sheahan too.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/27/14 at 07:39 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Blown shot on a 2 on 1. Fuching Howard.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/27/14 at 07:42 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

pucker up

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/27/14 at 07:43 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

... tighter

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/27/14 at 07:44 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Christ, they’re just walking in on Howard

Jimmy’s fault.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/27/14 at 07:44 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

... tighter

What does a diamond turn into with that much pressure?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/27/14 at 07:45 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Lindsay Hayes…

...#busteddaytonastripper

Posted by pgoody on 03/27/14 at 07:45 PM ET

It is time for Bab’s to give the “Lolly Gagger Speech” from Bull Durham! This is brutal.

Posted by Lidstromfan on 03/27/14 at 07:46 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Okay, time to go make dinner for the girlfriend.

Jimmy forgot to remind me yesterday was our anniversary.

Posted by SK77 on 03/27/14 at 07:45 PM ET

If only everyone was so nice to their mom…

Posted by pgoody on 03/27/14 at 07:46 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

wow, classy set for FSD.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/27/14 at 07:46 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Freaking 30+ mph wind gusts here, I blame Jimmy for blowing so hard.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/27/14 at 07:49 PM ET

They look completely lost in the defensive zone.  Open guys all over the place, and a ridiculous inability to clear the zone once they have possession of the puck.  I would hazard to guess well over half the time Detroit had control of the puck in their zone they didn’t get it out.

The Sheahan line has good energy, Gus of course looks engaged, and also Glendening.  Everyone else looks to be in a haze of suck.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/14 at 07:50 PM ET

Thanks, Paul.  I’m here, 19.  Soz, I’m late.

[sees score]

Holy stinkazoid…

Posted by SYF from Twerkin' with Anastasia Ashley on 03/27/14 at 07:51 PM ET

Let’s make it a very lively blog, bitches.

After reading the first two pages of the LB, Boss, I think we have a lot more energy on the LB than the Wings do on the ice.

Posted by SYF from Twerkin' with Anastasia Ashley on 03/27/14 at 07:54 PM ET

[sees score]

Holy stinkazoid…

Posted by SYF from the Swedish Ice Mafia on 03/27/14 at 07:51 PM ET

I’m kind of relieved it’s 2-0, because with what I saw during that 1st period Montreal could easily be up 4 or 5.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/14 at 07:55 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Claw your way back in. Shift by shift.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/27/14 at 07:59 PM ET

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/27/14 at 07:55 PM ET

Aye and for fuch’s sakes, that’s Michel Therrien back there coaching the Habs.  Come on, Wings.

Posted by SYF from Twerkin' with Anastasia Ashley on 03/27/14 at 08:00 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Still 2/3’rds of the game to play. Time to get your shit together or its gonna be a long 40 minutes.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/27/14 at 08:00 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

Time for Gus to score two in the second and for then blow it in the third…

Posted by tkfergy on 03/27/14 at 08:01 PM ET

Maybe Mr. Redmond ought to take a two-handed lumber to each of these guys faces to wake them up.

Second period, Wings.  fuching do this thing called winning.

Posted by SYF from Twerkin' with Anastasia Ashley on 03/27/14 at 08:03 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

seems like no energy in team ... they all got the flu ???

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/27/14 at 08:03 PM ET

I have FSD on my screen, but the audio’s so boffo, I have to mute it.

Posted by SYF from Twerkin' with Anastasia Ashley on 03/27/14 at 08:04 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Jimmy scores for Sheahan.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/27/14 at 08:05 PM ET