Abel to Yzerman

It’s A Tattle-Tale Sound We’re Not Used To Hearing…So Give Us A Break

With only three days left until Gary's playoffs begin, the Wings sit in 9th place in the Western Conference.  Thankfully, that's bound to change tonite because they're destined for two points.  Destined, I say.

Why?

Because Yackub Kindle is playing.  Yackub,. as you're aware, was the 19th overall pick in 2005 and he's been lighting it up since then boy.

He was selected before the likes of TJ Oshie, Home Keys, Paul Stastny, Kris Lefriggingtang, Jonathan Quick, Keith Yandle and Darren by god Helm (113 picks after Kindle). There are more.  And it's ugly.

Brian Lashoff wasn't drafted nearly as high as Yackub. In fact, he wasn't drafted at all so that's kinda low according to A2Y interns and pharmacists in Dearborn.

But Lashoff has been very good.  Kindle has never shown us anything than an ounce over jack squat and rarely even that.

So this is a confused Live Blog, and a little bitter. Because I just don't get it.  It's not just the Yackub start tonite, or even his draft in '05.  We get it.  Draft picks are never sure things. If they were we certainly wouldn't have given away a first rounder for the likes of Quacks Like A Duck but Dives Like An Av.

Tick Tock.  Tick. Tock.  What are you doing? Why are you saying things like this...

"Twenty games," he said during a pregame chat Friday. "Once you get to 20 games, you'll have a read of what you've got, where we fit."

George showed that to us today and that's crazy talk.  So...after 41 games of a season not wrecked by a midget ball-in-the-mouth commissioner, that's when you'd wait to evaluate the team?  Or after 35? C'mon.

If Kenny's serious about winning this year, and he's not and he hasn't been since last trade deadline when he did absolutely nothing but give away a first-rounder in exchange for a whining little girl who still complains about not getting to wear a ring he didn't earn, then he'd be evaluating right frigging now. He'd be looking for a deal and he wouldn't be hauling out the same, crusty, tired bullshit excuses.

..if you're looking to do something, you can only do something if you have a partner.

Uh huh.  We've heard it.  Meanwhile...Lashoff sits and Kindle plays.  For reasons unknown to anyone.  You know, Nick Lidstrom aged as we all do for the last four years of his career.  He came close to winning the Cup, or at least evening Game 7, himself in the last minute of his last meaningful game.  Then? Three years of Holland stagnation.  Oh...I forgot. You're not stagnant when you're moving backward.  How do you move backward?  I don't know.  Franzen? Hossa? Go with Franzen, please.  And then watch him do nothing. Fredo Corleone as the only defenseman signed when ten others went elsewhere, ten others with more talent and tougher bones?

I know.  Not the usual tone for a live blog.  It's just that I'm hungry but the cook says it's getting to rough to feed us. And that sucks.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Evenin bitches. Waiting for “the Wink”. Guess I’ll be waiting all season.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/29/13 at 07:32 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Damn Menace, that’s some bad shit.  Just remember, tough times don’t last, tough people do.  Hang in there man!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/29/13 at 07:33 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Wings, score a hat-trick? Ha.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/29/13 at 07:34 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’m not licensed in NC, and know nothing aboot their laws.  But here in OK, we have what is known as a relocation statute - - it requires a notice and a hearing in front of the family law judge before a parent can move the kids more than 60 miles.

Just a thought

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 01/29/13 at 07:31 PM ET

I missed the “out of state” statute 5 years ago due to some poor, albeit with all good intentions, legal advice.

I’ve got other avenues I’ve been trying to pursue, but at this point I want to choke on my own vomit.

Damn, Red.. That’s totally Blows.. Need more booze?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/29/13 at 07:30 PM ET

Hopefully I have enough, Ror… where in NC you at? I’m in the Winston-Salem area, and there are a couple of the other 19 who live in this general area. I’ll let them out themselves at their leisure.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 07:34 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hey Red, I pass through Gaylord heading to Howard City from North Dakota…I could swing through and drop some thumbtacks in her driveway…just say the word.  wink

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/29/13 at 07:34 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

so what is the over under of Wings fans getting curly fries this year?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/29/13 at 07:35 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 01/29/13 at 07:34 PM ET

Are they explosive thumbtacks? Just make sure the kids aren’t with her…

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/29/13 at 07:33 PM ET

Thanks man, just trying to keep on keepin on.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 07:36 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pregame song being sung.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/29/13 at 07:36 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

so what is the over under of Wings fans getting curly fries this year?

over the moon and under the rug

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/29/13 at 07:37 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Red - I’m towards the Mountain area. Small place called Hudson. It’s like right in between Boone, and Hickory. And it’s a Dry Fuching Town. Luckily, Booze is like 5 minutes down the road.. and I keep myself stocked at all times.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/29/13 at 07:37 PM ET

calquake's avatar

is the joe empty?!!!

No, but my glass is… thanks for the reminder.

Posted by calquake on 01/29/13 at 07:37 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Go Jimmah!

and WINGS!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/29/13 at 07:38 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Great… rookie ref.

Btw I LOVE STAGED FIGHTS AND THE INSTIGATOR RULE.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/29/13 at 07:39 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/29/13 at 07:37 PM ET

Word, I went to ASU for a couple of years. I guess you can go to Blowing Rock for alcohol if nothing else. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 07:39 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

TooToo Wins!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/29/13 at 07:39 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

YEA now if this dont set the tone baby!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/29/13 at 07:39 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Oh *#$%@& my ex-wife, Dan O’WTFeran

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 07:39 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Not original at all..but I had to join in with the avatar fun.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/29/13 at 07:39 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Damn Toot Toot.  Dude damn sure isn’t afraid.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Go TooToo!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Kindl didnt botch that, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I *#$%@& knew Toots would be a good signing. I don’t care what else he does this year, he’s worth his brick shithouse weight in gold.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Long Haul for that. Haha.

Kuba got burned.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

..if you’re looking to do something, you can only do something if you have a partner.

That’s what Tootoo just did.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/29/13 at 07:41 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Great, feed just crapped out. Sigh.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 07:41 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Geez E, get a hint, Brunner doesnt want the puck on the boards

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/29/13 at 07:41 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Uh oh, a Wing power play.  So much for early momentum.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/29/13 at 07:41 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

i might add the headset next, on the pic

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/29/13 at 07:41 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Sheesh Murph.. No more Dogs.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 01/29/13 at 07:41 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Kindl is under way too much pressure, so he’ll probably play like cat tits.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 07:42 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

there was a time, I used to get kinda excited aboot the PP

seems like a long time ago

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/29/13 at 07:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Wth is wrong with tootoo?  Spunk!

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/29/13 at 07:43 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

there was a time, I used to get kinda excited aboot the PP

seems like a long time ago

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 01/29/13 at 07:42 PM ET

At least my girlfriend still gets excited about the PP…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 07:43 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

at least they are shooting the puck

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/29/13 at 07:44 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

there was a time, I used to get kinda excited aboot the PP

seems like a long time ago

Maybe it actually has been a long time.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/29/13 at 07:44 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Lashoff scores!!!.....oh wait nevermind

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/29/13 at 07:44 PM ET

calquake's avatar

At least my girlfriend still gets excited about the PP…

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 01/29/13 at 07:43 PM ET

It’s the little things in life Red. cheese

Posted by calquake on 01/29/13 at 07:44 PM ET