Abel to Yzerman

It’s A Tattle-Tale Sound We’re Not Used To Hearing…So Give Us A Break

With only three days left until Gary's playoffs begin, the Wings sit in 9th place in the Western Conference.  Thankfully, that's bound to change tonite because they're destined for two points.  Destined, I say.

Why?

Because Yackub Kindle is playing.  Yackub,. as you're aware, was the 19th overall pick in 2005 and he's been lighting it up since then boy.

He was selected before the likes of TJ Oshie, Home Keys, Paul Stastny, Kris Lefriggingtang, Jonathan Quick, Keith Yandle and Darren by god Helm (113 picks after Kindle). There are more.  And it's ugly.

Brian Lashoff wasn't drafted nearly as high as Yackub. In fact, he wasn't drafted at all so that's kinda low according to A2Y interns and pharmacists in Dearborn.

But Lashoff has been very good.  Kindle has never shown us anything than an ounce over jack squat and rarely even that.

So this is a confused Live Blog, and a little bitter. Because I just don't get it.  It's not just the Yackub start tonite, or even his draft in '05.  We get it.  Draft picks are never sure things. If they were we certainly wouldn't have given away a first rounder for the likes of Quacks Like A Duck but Dives Like An Av.

Tick Tock.  Tick. Tock.  What are you doing? Why are you saying things like this...

"Twenty games," he said during a pregame chat Friday. "Once you get to 20 games, you'll have a read of what you've got, where we fit."

George showed that to us today and that's crazy talk.  So...after 41 games of a season not wrecked by a midget ball-in-the-mouth commissioner, that's when you'd wait to evaluate the team?  Or after 35? C'mon.

If Kenny's serious about winning this year, and he's not and he hasn't been since last trade deadline when he did absolutely nothing but give away a first-rounder in exchange for a whining little girl who still complains about not getting to wear a ring he didn't earn, then he'd be evaluating right frigging now. He'd be looking for a deal and he wouldn't be hauling out the same, crusty, tired bullshit excuses.

..if you're looking to do something, you can only do something if you have a partner.

Uh huh.  We've heard it.  Meanwhile...Lashoff sits and Kindle plays.  For reasons unknown to anyone.  You know, Nick Lidstrom aged as we all do for the last four years of his career.  He came close to winning the Cup, or at least evening Game 7, himself in the last minute of his last meaningful game.  Then? Three years of Holland stagnation.  Oh...I forgot. You're not stagnant when you're moving backward.  How do you move backward?  I don't know.  Franzen? Hossa? Go with Franzen, please.  And then watch him do nothing. Fredo Corleone as the only defenseman signed when ten others went elsewhere, ten others with more talent and tougher bones?

I know.  Not the usual tone for a live blog.  It's just that I'm hungry but the cook says it's getting to rough to feed us. And that sucks.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›      Next »

RedMenace's avatar

Aloha bitches.  Just caught up on the DVR.  Tootoo.  That is all.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 01/29/13 at 08:29 PM ET

Toots ahoy, bitch.

Belly up and throw back a few.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 09:30 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Did anyone else see that Raylan Given’s wife has a major role in Kevin Bacon’s new drama The Following.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/29/13 at 09:31 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

You are the GM. Who do you gid rid of first? Quincey- Cleary-Kindl-Franzen-Emmerton.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/29/13 at 09:31 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I think you may be on something Red.

Barleywine.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/29/13 at 09:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by calquake on 01/29/13 at 09:32 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I think you may be on something Red.

Barleywine.

And various meds.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 09:32 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/29/13 at 08:31 PM ET

Raylan Givens…. +19

That’s all I have to say.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/29/13 at 09:32 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Shit Has Been Stirred.  Spoon Is Huge And Wooden.

Posted by monkey on 01/29/13 at 08:30 PM ET

Like Jimmy’s Dong.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 01/29/13 at 09:33 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Qunikey to LA for Brown lol

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/29/13 at 09:34 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

All hail Jimma.  We haven’t seen a better goalie yet this year.  Uh oh…..contract coming.  Tick. Tock.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 01/29/13 at 09:34 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/29/13 at 08:31 PM ET

Buyout Samuelsson.
Trade Quincey, Franzen, Emmerton, and a pick for a 3/4 defenseman.
Tell Cleary to retire.
Continue to evaluate Kindl.

Perhaps I didn’t answer the question, but I haven’t played nearly enough NHL 13 to get all of this out.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 09:34 PM ET

monkey's avatar

How many barleywines have you had?

Emmerton.  He’s collecting dust.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/29/13 at 09:34 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

What is a Raylen Givens, and why does it have a wife starring with Kevin Sausage in a new drama?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 09:36 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

two completely different barleywines one after the other.

do you brew your own? i do. mostly stouts.

doctor said I should only drink three, four at most at a time. so I make my home brews as close to 20-22% as i can…

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/29/13 at 09:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Emmerton.  He’s collecting dust.

And what a collection it is.

Posted by calquake on 01/29/13 at 09:36 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Waive Emmerton, wait three years, then give up a first rounder to get him back.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/29/13 at 09:36 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 01/29/13 at 08:34 PM ET

would be nice to get that extension signed before March too.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 01/29/13 at 09:37 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 01/29/13 at 08:36 PM ET

Justified.  It’s on at ten tonight on FX.  Set your DVR now, feel better about your life later.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/29/13 at 09:37 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hey Chief, how much longer you got?  I have 487 days left on my E-8 service commitment…but will probably go an extra month and a half to hit 23 years then it’s back to the Motherland for Grand Traverse Distillery Cherry Whiskey, summertimes at 5/3rd watching the Whitecaps and to De Vos for some Griffins.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/29/13 at 09:37 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

do you brew your own? i do. mostly stouts.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/29/13 at 08:36 PM ET

Nah, I only drink when I’m depressed, and I thought I’d try something new tonight since I’m not with the girlfriend.

The highest I have is a 10.2%, the other two are 10%. I’d actually prefer something between a stout and an ale.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 09:38 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

At least the PK hasn’t been death

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/29/13 at 09:38 PM ET

monkey's avatar

And what a collection it is.

I laughed out loud, bitch.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/29/13 at 09:38 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Murph…redolence: “you can still win if you don’t score in the first period as long as you don’t give anything to the opposition.”

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 01/29/13 at 09:38 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Wow, that’s two completely different barleywines one after the other.

Just like snowflakes, they’re all unique and special in the eyes of the creator, or in this case the brewmeister.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/29/13 at 09:39 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Mule - skating and driving the net?  be still my heart

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/29/13 at 09:39 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Just found out today that my ex-wife is moving to Michigan from Virginia and taking my kids with her.

To Gaylord, MI, of all places.

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 01/29/13 at 07:26 PM ET

Only 90 minutes from me, Red. Just say the word and I’ll be there. Not sure what I’ll do, but I’ll be there.

As for the first period: I like that Choo Choo kid.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 01/29/13 at 09:39 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Aloha Sailor

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/29/13 at 09:39 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Nah, I only drink when I’m depressed,

Me too…. explains why I’m drunk all the time.

Posted by calquake on 01/29/13 at 09:39 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Huskins is our best defenseman.  He has to be.  He doesn’t want to go back to living on the streets.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/29/13 at 09:41 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Futility - ensues

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/29/13 at 09:41 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Bert-Uzi is my favorite psycho ...

just saying.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/29/13 at 09:41 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’ve been doing home made wines.  Blueberry is amazing.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/29/13 at 09:41 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Truly, he has a dizzying intellect.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 01/29/13 at 09:41 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Truly, he (is) dizzying.

Posted by monkey from All hands, abandon ship. This is not a drill. on 01/29/13 at 08:41 PM ET

Fixed.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 09:42 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Let’s Go Red Wings…..Clap..Clap..Clap—

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/29/13 at 09:42 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Truly, he has a dizzying intellect.

it’s the new specticles ... makes him “smarter”.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/29/13 at 09:42 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/29/13 at 08:41 PM ET

Agree - Bertuzzi cheese

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 01/29/13 at 09:43 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Shit, I *#$%@& that up.

Truly, he (is) dizzy.

Sigh.

Also, tHIS pp iS sO mUCH bETTER

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 01/29/13 at 09:43 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Wally just freaking stoned

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/29/13 at 09:44 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Goal-challenged AND snakebit—bad combination.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/29/13 at 09:44 PM ET