Abel to Yzerman

Is This Your Typical Chicago Blackhawks Fan/Blogger?

My five reasons for hating the Red Wings.... by Phil Bausk or @LoveShaqBaby (me: a hockey fan?)  of BlackhawkUp at Fansided,

That Damn Octopus

Every time I see it on SportsCenter I gag a little bit. (me: Watc​hing Sportscenter for hockey coverage?)

Brendan Shanahan

I am a bit young to recall his days with the New Jersey Devils and the St. Louis Blues, but even if I could.. (me: stop right there, a bit young...)

30 Years of Happiness

Since 1983, no team in the NHL has been as consistently good as the Red Wings. (me: uh, ok)

Boring Jerseys

The Red Wings jerseys make me want to vomit. They are so boring, and they haven’t changed in years. (me: haven't changed in years is a good thing)

For Taking Chris Chelios

at the ripe age of 12, I was quite unfamiliar with the entire trade/free agency process. When I heard Chelios was going to Detroit, I threw a hockey puck at my bedroom wall.  (me: By age 12 I could recite every player on every team, knew where they were born, what they had for dinner last night, etc.)

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

@TheJimP19's avatar

Besides the Black jerseys, have the Blackhawks changed that much ?  Not that I remember

Posted by @TheJimP19 from transplanted in Nashville on 03/16/14 at 09:17 AM ET

WolfKeeper's avatar

Yawn. Typical Chicago mouth breather.

I’m from Chicago. And I respect them for most of that list.

Posted by WolfKeeper on 03/16/14 at 09:21 AM ET

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
PHIL BAUSK
I am a big sports fan, who loves my Blackhawks, Red Sox, Celtics, and Cowboys.

I doubt he liked the Blackhawks that young, this guy just screams “Bandwagon” as 3/4 of those teams have had recent success and the other is the Cowboys. Could it be a coincidence? Yes. Likely? Nah.

Posted by fromdowntown on 03/16/14 at 09:21 AM ET

Also looks as if he covers the Patriots, too. So maybe its just a Bawston thing. But the Pats have their share of that bandwagon, especially here in Michigan and the Tom Brady connection.

Posted by fromdowntown on 03/16/14 at 09:35 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Let the jealousy burn in you moron

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/16/14 at 10:54 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

this guy just screams “Bandwagon”

There is no other type of Blackhawks fan.  The vast majority of Chicago didnt even know they had a hockey team until old man Wirtz died, and they sure as hell didnt know who Chelios was when he was traded.

Once Wirtz died and opened up a chance for a local TV deal, Bettman put the full court press on in Chicago, the same as he did for Pittsburgh when they were terrible and Mario Lepew was going to sell the team.

Posted by Hootinani on 03/16/14 at 11:34 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I see no shame in bandwagoning. I root for the Red Wings, Patriots and SF Giants. You might notice how all of them were pretty good around 2001/2002, when I first put cable tv at home.

Seriously, what’s the problem?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 03/16/14 at 02:18 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

To follow up, I only care about bandwagoning when they disappear after good times. It’s natural that new fans will choose a team that is successful, but stupid to abandon them when their time runs out.

(also, by the way, are all the Wings fans born from 1980 on just bandwagoners?)

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 03/16/14 at 02:24 PM ET

The Savard Spinorama.  Shove that in a Cawks fans face and see what they look like.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/16/14 at 03:37 PM ET