Abel to Yzerman

In The Face Of A Hurricane West Wind

My mood hasn't changed from five hours ago, or whenver I wrote that post. I'm avoiding going home. My DVR will hum like a male Dive fan.  And I'll wait as long as I can to start watching.  It will be torture.

But, at some point, I'm going to watch this game.

In the dark recesses of our most horrific pessimism, there is hope.  You hate the playoffs because you feel you should. You despise this night because your instincts tell you to.  You know the Wings will  lose this thing because it's a defense mechanism baby Jesus gave to you as a gift.

But it's not real. The real part of you actually believes they can do this.  It might even be the logical part, if that makes any sense. Logic tells you anything can happen in a Game 7 because you've seen every scenario. No one has seen what you have. No one.

As bad as 6 was and as horrible as the last two days have been?

We're in a better place than any other fan of any other team in history.  You literally have genuine, justified, real hope that your team can advance to the Western Conference Finals.  You have that hope because of who you are and because of who they are.

You are Detroit Red Wing fans.  We are owed this night, this opportunity because we are the elite and the arrogant. You have swagger because your team is the gold standard.

Do this. Burn. This. Fuching. Conference. Down.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  And, yes Monkey, it's on.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›      Next »

ITDeuce's avatar

Batch 19 Lager

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 05/29/13 at 08:31 PM ET

That’s some good shit there

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/29/13 at 08:31 PM ET

I was given a sixie of this stuff tonight.  Is it really tasty?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/29/13 at 07:34 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Sorry to hear Cal. Wish I was closer… I can demo and fix a lot of shit.
Let’s go Wings.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/29/13 at 07:34 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

20 bucks says they throw Fils jersey on Tootoo

Posted by pgoody on 05/29/13 at 07:34 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

What if one of your crew is Ken Junk

Duct tape that sumbitch shut and donate it to Goodwill.  Commercial over.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 05/29/13 at 07:34 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

so if I call the local police and tell them they have two choices: either bring me smokes, or I can drive myself (after a few drinks) to get them…what do you think they’ll say?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/29/13 at 07:34 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Late to the LB per usual lately.  I’ve had a fuching horrendous day, pipes leaking, insurance won’t cover, thousands to repair… still It all will be worth it for a Game 7 victory.  I believe motherfuchers… I believe.
Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 08:33 PM ET

That sucks, Cal. Hope the boys brighten your day

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/29/13 at 07:34 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Wings ahead by SOG but need MORE, MORE, MORE, I tell you, are you listening WINGS?

(Cal-Life sometimes stinks, sorry about your day, hopefully Wings and the 19+ will bring your spirits up)

Lets GO Red Wings!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/29/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Finally got here! Tornado watch, Tornado warning, flood warning, thunder and lightning, very very frightening….oh wait.  Internet just back up so how’s it going?  Satellite in and out.

What ever we are drinking, I’ll have a double!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 08:33 PM ET

Welcome home, Quake.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/29/13 at 07:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Thanks for the thoughts 19.  Doesn’t matter if Wings win. Pavel and/or Hank must score.  BURN THIS MOTHERFUCHING CONFERENCE DOWN!

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 07:36 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I was given a sixie of this stuff tonight.  Is it really tasty?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 05/29/13 at 08:34 PM ET

It is.  Best I can compare it to is Bud Select only without that Budweisery twang.

But even that isn’t quite right.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/29/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Nike telling Shaw, “You smell like Keith’s hair.  Ewww…”

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/29/13 at 07:37 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Smith musta tripped over the net

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 05/29/13 at 07:37 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

So I’m still muted.  Any word on Wally?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/29/13 at 07:37 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

without that Budweisery twang

I’m pretty sure that twang is because they pipe the water out of the sewer to make their beer.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/29/13 at 07:37 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

hang in there, CQ.

the 19 have your back.

... and the boys are playing well.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/29/13 at 07:38 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Glad you’re OK, norski.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/29/13 at 07:38 PM ET

insurance won’t cover

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 08:33 PM ET

Wait, what?

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/29/13 at 07:38 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Bum deal Cal.  Hopefully you don’t have to be sad twice today.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/29/13 at 07:38 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Smith musta tripped over the net
Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, SCP Round #2….whore style on 05/29/13 at 08:37 PM ET

looked like a blatant trip to me

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/29/13 at 07:38 PM ET

dougie's avatar

insurance won’t cover,

What a racket. Whatever happens with your house, auto, or health, bet your last dollar it won’t be covered. Don’t get me started.

Posted by dougie on 05/29/13 at 07:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Any word on Wally?

Goodbye and have a nice career elsewhere.  And I’m a Fil fan.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 07:39 PM ET

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 08:36 PM ET

Hang touch, man.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/29/13 at 07:39 PM ET

brb, 19.

Posted by SYF from Alana Blanchard's Bikinis and Surfboards on 05/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

insurance won’t cover

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 08:33 PM ET

Wait, what?

Posted by SYF from the Flood on 05/29/13 at 08:38 PM ET

We had alot of garbage like that here during hte flood.  FEMA and the Corps of engineers leveled houses to put up the dikes and insurance wouldn’t cover because it wasn’t flood related.  The city and state wouldn’t pay because it wasn’t flood related and deemed for the public good.

THey finally relented of course but not until there was ALOT of bad press

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

What ever we are drinking, I’ll have a double!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 08:36 PM ET

Dangerous shit, them tornados. Stay safe.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

That Cuber Liber bitch pours out my coke and we will have words.  Yannow the price of that cola in the islands? Rum is water…

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 05/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Sal's avatar

I was given a sixie of this stuff tonight.  Is it really tasty?

Tonight, Batch 19 is the best stuff ever. I might answer differently once the playoffs are over.

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 05/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

ya thats right the Wings brought all their schit… car bingo, psp, mad libs, knit by numbers kit… all their schit!!!!!!!!

Posted by pgoody on 05/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Jimmys stick handling is a fail.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Very nervy of the announcers to say waiting to see if Chicago will host or travel….

really?

Come on WINGS!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

gee it’s great how Smith was aware of his teammate 5 feet away on his way to the opposing blue line so Smith could flip the puck to him….I mean, wait, just flip it deep to the Hawks player…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/29/13 at 07:40 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Keep your head down Norskirama.  You deserve a triple.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/29/13 at 07:41 PM ET

calquake's avatar

You ain’t shitin’ brother.  What the fuch do I pay insurance for?  Anywho… fuch them and fuch the Hawks.  Take no prisoners… Just win baby.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 07:41 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

kids are getting some serious minutes

Posted by pgoody on 05/29/13 at 07:42 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

I was given a sixie of this stuff tonight.  Is it really tasty?

Posted by Sal from the shadow of the Great Smoky Mountains on 05/29/13 at 08:40 PM ET

Everytime I got it through the end of the reg season and round 1 we seemed to not do so well..so I hung up my attempt at some good 19 mojo

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/29/13 at 07:42 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

The hockey scholars in the stands did not like the non call….

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 05/29/13 at 07:42 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

JIMMAH!!!

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/29/13 at 07:42 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

JIMMAH

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/29/13 at 07:42 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Five of the six teams left in the playoffs are the last five Cup winners.  And then there’s San Jose.

This shows how closely I am paying attention to the other series.

Let’s try this again:  The five teams left in the playoffs are the last five Cup winners.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/29/13 at 07:42 PM ET