Abel to Yzerman

In The Face Of A Hurricane West Wind

My mood hasn't changed from five hours ago, or whenver I wrote that post. I'm avoiding going home. My DVR will hum like a male Dive fan.  And I'll wait as long as I can to start watching.  It will be torture.

But, at some point, I'm going to watch this game.

In the dark recesses of our most horrific pessimism, there is hope.  You hate the playoffs because you feel you should. You despise this night because your instincts tell you to.  You know the Wings will  lose this thing because it's a defense mechanism baby Jesus gave to you as a gift.

But it's not real. The real part of you actually believes they can do this.  It might even be the logical part, if that makes any sense. Logic tells you anything can happen in a Game 7 because you've seen every scenario. No one has seen what you have. No one.

As bad as 6 was and as horrible as the last two days have been?

We're in a better place than any other fan of any other team in history.  You literally have genuine, justified, real hope that your team can advance to the Western Conference Finals.  You have that hope because of who you are and because of who they are.

You are Detroit Red Wing fans.  We are owed this night, this opportunity because we are the elite and the arrogant. You have swagger because your team is the gold standard.

Do this. Burn. This. Fuching. Conference. Down.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  And, yes Monkey, it's on.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 27 28 29 30 >       Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Damnit I love me some Wings though…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 05/29/13 at 11:13 PM ET

And there in lies the rub.

I am proud that, we are Wingaholics. Every. Single. One.

Fuch you. Gary. Ass.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 06/01/13 at 10:41 AM ET

monkey's avatar

That’s good about Pav and everything, but what ITDeuce said - above - about sums up where I am right now.  Plus I still don’t want to give any money to the NHL, but I absolutely loathe the NBC broadcast crew.  So…

I know how you feel.  I was convinced I wasn’t going to spend a dime, then I saw how cheap Center Ice was for Gary’s Shortened Season.  When you live out of market it ain’t easy being red.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/02/13 at 08:10 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Babcock said. “If you don’t keep the good players you have you got to acquire good players, so the devil you know is usually better than the devil you don’t.’‘

The door is open for Fil to return if he wants to come down from $5M.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/04/13 at 02:45 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

How much has Bickell increased his value in these playoffs?

A 15-18 regular season goal scorer, now with 7 playoff goals.

27 years old.

6-4, 233 pounds.

Unrestricted Free Agent.

BlackHawks have $2M available to sign 2 players to get to a 23 man roster.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/04/13 at 10:56 PM ET

monkey's avatar

The door is open for Fil to return if he wants to come down from $5M.

Sold! For $4.95 million!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/05/13 at 08:57 PM ET

monkey's avatar

BlackHawks have $2M available to sign 2 players to get to a 23 man roster.

The Chicago Black Hawks should buy out Marian Hossa.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/05/13 at 09:06 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Griffins have made the Calder Cup Finals.  The kids are all right.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/06/13 at 07:51 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/02/13 at 08:10 PM ET

I didn’t spend a dime this season

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 06/06/13 at 11:12 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Griffins have made the Calder Cup Finals.  The kids are all right.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/06/13 at 07:51 AM ET

Love to be able to watch the AHL Finals, is there TV, and 42Jeff bogus offshore internet streams?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/06/13 at 12:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

The Chicago Black Hawks should buy out Marian Hossa.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/05/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Does he then become the latest Red Wing “second time’s the charm” reclamation project quincey-bertuzzi-Samuelsson-Larionov?

It has worked occasionally.  Well, with larionov.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/06/13 at 12:30 PM ET

It has worked occasionally.  Well, with larionov.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 06/06/13 at 12:30 PM ET

Darren McCarty and Dallas Drake, too.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/06/13 at 01:05 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I would sell my wife’s soul to the devil to have Hossa back in a Winged Wheel.

Posted by dougie on 06/06/13 at 02:09 PM ET

Primis's avatar

So, in all seriousness…. What *does* CHI do?  Move Bolland and his $3m and/or Olesz and his $2-something-mill?  Or do they move one of Sharp or Hossa and try to take care of it all at once?

One of the underrated aspects of Hossa signing in CHI is how completely it has hamstrung them cap-wise, repeatedly.  Nobody ever talks about that.

Posted by Primis on 06/06/13 at 02:16 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Hossa did not have any desire to play for the Wings. Otherwise, he would still be with the Organization. It was his decision to be a Cawk. He can go wherever. He had his chance to wear the Wingsed Wheel and said no thanks. Fuch him.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 06/06/13 at 02:20 PM ET

I’m indifferent about Hossa, Kate.  I used to like him, but after following Toes’ lead in diving, I don’t want him on my team.  Those skill sets, however, makes him such a tease on Dangles’ wing.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/06/13 at 02:47 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 06/06/13 at 12:26 PM ET

I’ve never looked for AHL games.  I’m hoping like hell to make it to at least one game in person though.  I’ll be back in the motherland next Thursday!!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 06/06/13 at 04:34 PM ET

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 06/06/13 at 04:34 PM ET

You’re in luck, Jeff.

2013 Calder Cup Finals - Best of Seven

Game 1 Sat., June 8 GRIFFINS at Crunch 7 p.m.
Game 2 Sun., June 9 GRIFFINS at Crunch 6 p.m.
Game 3 Wed., June 12 Crunch at GRIFFINS 7 p.m. (Game K)
Game 4 Fri., June 14 Crunch at GRIFFINS 7 p.m. (Game L)
*Game 5 Sat., June 15 Crunch at GRIFFINS 7 p.m. (Game M)

*Game 6 Tue., June 18 GRIFFINS at Crunch 7 p.m.
*Game 7 Thu., June 20 GRIFFINS at Crunch 7 p.m.

* If necessary   All times Eastern and subject to change.  All games on Newsradio WOOD 106.9 FM & 1300 AM.

Have lots of fun, man.  Go Grifs!

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/06/13 at 04:40 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Have lots of fun, man.  Go Grifs!

Posted by SYF from a viewing moratorium of NBC’s hockey coverage on 06/06/13 at 04:40 PM ET

Yes, Drake and McCarty came back to Detroyet qutie successfully, Drake more impact than Mac.

Is there any TV for the AHL Finals?  I’ve got WOOD radio on iheartradio streams.

Those Home games in GR, is that the KLM line?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/06/13 at 06:54 PM ET

Ask and Ye shall receive.  Thanks Emperor Paul

No Charge To Watch The Calder Cup Finals On AHL Live

by Paul on 06/06/13 at 05:12 PM ET
Comments (2)

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League andNeuLion, Inc., announced today that as a thanks to the AHL’s loyal and dedicated fans, video streaming the 2013 Calder Cup Finals will be available at no charge on AHL Live.

Using promo code CALDER2013, fans can register and log in at http://www.ahllive.com and watch all of the action of the 2013 Calder Cup Finals, from the first puck drop until the AHL’s 77th champion is crowned.

The 2013 Calder Cup Finals will begin on Saturday, June 8, at 7 ET, and will pit the Eastern Conference champion Syracuse Crunch against the Western Conference champion Grand Rapids Griffins.

2013 Calder Cup Finals
Game 1 – Sat., June 8 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00 ET
Game 2 – Sun., June 9 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 6:00 ET
Game 3 – Wed., June 12 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00 ET
Game 4 – Fri., June 14 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00 ET
*Game 5 – Sat., June 15 – Syracuse at Grand Rapids, 7:00 ET
*Game 6 – Tue., June 18 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00 ET
*Game 7 – Thu., June 20 – Grand Rapids at Syracuse, 7:00 ET
  *if necessary

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/06/13 at 07:01 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I would sell my wife’s soul to the devil to have Hossa back in a Winged Wheel.

Sold! For $4.95!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/06/13 at 07:08 PM ET

monkey's avatar

The Chicago Black Hawks should buy out Marian Hossa.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/06/13 at 07:10 PM ET

Sold! For $4.95!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 06/06/13 at 07:08 PM ET

Used to be $45.  Desperate times, indeed.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/06/13 at 07:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

You have to register, but don’t have to put in any credit card info, just use the promo code.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/06/13 at 07:51 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Game 3 Wed., June 12 Crunch at GRIFFINS 7 p.m. (Game K)
Game 4 Fri., June 14 Crunch at GRIFFINS 7 p.m. (Game L)
*Game 5 Sat., June 15 Crunch at GRIFFINS 7 p.m. (Game M)
*Game 6 Tue., June 18 GRIFFINS at Crunch 7 p.m.
*Game 7 Thu., June 20 GRIFFINS at Crunch 7 p.m.

Have lots of fun, man.  Go Grifs!

Man I hope the Grifs let it got at least five games.  Though after being away from the Mrs. since December I don’t know if she’ll let me run out of town the day after I get back.  Maybe for game 6…....

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 06/06/13 at 07:58 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I listened to the last two games of the Griffins’ Western Conf. Finals.  In Game 6 they blew a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3 in the last minute or so.  Game 7 was really exciting - back and forth scoring with Jurco getting the GWG with about 6 minutes to go in the third.

I’m already signed up to watch the Calder Cup Finals.  The Syracuse team is the AHL affiliate of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Go Grifs!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 06/07/13 at 08:38 AM ET

Lights Out.

A bigger, puck control, potent, lights out goal scorer?  What are the odds Chicago buys out Hossa?  Virtually nill.  He’s a game changer in the blink of an eye.  One brief opening and it’s in the net. Back breaking GWG vs LA.

14 points in 16 games, 2 GWG, 19:00 Time on Ice per game.

Wings would have enough cash to get him if the Hawks buy him out, which I can’t see happening.  Instant offense for a team that needs it badly, and effective Penalty Killer.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/07/13 at 02:36 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Well, well, well, Gary.Ass’s favorite team is GONE.  Swept, no less.

Would love to see LA eliminate his second favorite team.

Will be watching the Griffins tonight.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 06/08/13 at 09:24 AM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

http://poy.tsn.ca/  .....  vote for Datsyuk TSN Play of the YEAR

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 06/08/13 at 09:45 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Huge earthquake in Pittsburgh and surrounding communities last night.

All the Penguin’s fans jumped off the bandwagon. tongue wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 06/08/13 at 10:08 AM ET

Will be watching the Griffins tonight.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 06/08/13 at 09:24 AM ET

I don’t know who those other guys are, but w00t! to the Griffs.  Will be watching that, too.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/08/13 at 02:05 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I wasn’t aware of it but… Tyler Bozak is a UFA?  He’s a C, only 27 (same age as Brunner), and had production very similar to Brunner’s this past season.

Would the Wings have any interest there if they’re letting Fil go?

Posted by Primis on 06/08/13 at 02:45 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I think this is the quietest I have ever heard the Chicago United Center even before LA tied this Game 5.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/08/13 at 10:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Oh, and great game by the Griffins in Syracuse.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/08/13 at 10:35 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

Huge earthquake in Pittsburgh and surrounding communities last night.

All the Penguin’s fans jumped off the bandwagon. tongue wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 06/08/13 at 10:08 AM ET

LOL  the whole US maybe even ... I know Hockey fans in Texass who dropped their Stars and started rooting for the Pens when Cwosby joined the team

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 06/09/13 at 04:45 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Griffins put up six goals tonight and lead the series 2-0 coming home Wednesday for game 3, Friday for game 4, and Saturday for game 5 if needed. Go Griffins.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 06/09/13 at 09:44 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Griffs win Game 2 despite the best efforts of both on- and off-ice officials to keep Syracuse in the game.

Posted by Primis on 06/10/13 at 01:22 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

yeah the officiating is worse than the NHL ... didn’t think that could happen.  tongue laugh

BTW:  logged into vote for Datsyuk in the TSN Play of the Year and the timer said 19 hours 19 minutes and 19 seconds to the end of voting ....  19 how ironic hey ..... cheese  VOTE here ~~~~~>  http://poy.tsn.ca/

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 06/10/13 at 04:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

For everyone’s pleasure, even the ladies, Happy Birthday #21 .gifs for Kate Upton.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/11/13 at 02:21 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

NHL leader in playoff Takeaways.

Marian Fracking Hossa.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 06/12/13 at 09:07 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Griffins win game 3 4-2 and lead the series 3-0. One more win for the Caulder Cup baby. Lets go Griffins.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 06/12/13 at 10:15 PM ET