Abel to Yzerman

In The Face Of A Hurricane West Wind

My mood hasn't changed from five hours ago, or whenver I wrote that post. I'm avoiding going home. My DVR will hum like a male Dive fan.  And I'll wait as long as I can to start watching.  It will be torture.

But, at some point, I'm going to watch this game.

In the dark recesses of our most horrific pessimism, there is hope.  You hate the playoffs because you feel you should. You despise this night because your instincts tell you to.  You know the Wings will  lose this thing because it's a defense mechanism baby Jesus gave to you as a gift.

But it's not real. The real part of you actually believes they can do this.  It might even be the logical part, if that makes any sense. Logic tells you anything can happen in a Game 7 because you've seen every scenario. No one has seen what you have. No one.

As bad as 6 was and as horrible as the last two days have been?

We're in a better place than any other fan of any other team in history.  You literally have genuine, justified, real hope that your team can advance to the Western Conference Finals.  You have that hope because of who you are and because of who they are.

You are Detroit Red Wing fans.  We are owed this night, this opportunity because we are the elite and the arrogant. You have swagger because your team is the gold standard.

Do this. Burn. This. Fuching. Conference. Down.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  And, yes Monkey, it's on.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 25 26 27 28 29 >  Last ›      Next »

mrfluffy's avatar

I’m with Primis. You didn’t buy me dinner.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:26 PM ET

Dorothy Mantooth is a SAINT.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 05/29/13 at 11:28 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’m the victim here! I was attacked by a doped up whore and a crazy *#$%@& dentist!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:28 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’ve got your pony right here, Dougie.

Call me maybe?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:29 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I was attacked by a doped up whore and a crazy *#$%@& dentist!

It was just our way of saying, “Welcome to the family”.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:29 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Congrtas to the Red wings for an Awesome play off run..

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 05/29/13 at 11:30 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I don’t feel like any f***ing silver linings right now.  I’m quite annoyed by fumbling the 3-1 series lead too.

I do know that if in April someone said we’d be playing hockey after Memorial Day I wouldn’t have believed them.  That doesn’t change that 3-1 series lead though… that’s what makes it tough to swallow and makes me not care about any silver linings at the moment.

This offseason is going to be ugly I think.  When things settle down fans are going to be more-demanding of Holland than ever before.  And I don’t know that anything will come of it.  Fans will go back to calling for the heads of Fil, Quincey, maybe Smith…  some jackasses are going to blame Jimmy for the 2nd round loss….  some are going to cry yet again to trade Franzen…

I don’t think we’ve seen anything yet.  It’s gonna’ get nasty.

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:31 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Thanks to the Master and Commander Chief (is that an okay title?) for the LBs this year-funny, inspiring, educational.  And to Okie for the game day set up.  You folks have handed me so many good times this season.  I am thankful for each one of you bitches. LGRW!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 11:17 PM ET

echo, echo !!!

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan on 05/29/13 at 11:23 PM ET

Hear, Hear

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/29/13 at 11:31 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Watching post game interviews on FSD.  Here is Jimmy talking about what he can get better at for next year!  Damn, I love these guys!

Waiting to hear about all the injuries.  I think Kronner is really hurt and Pavel as well.

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 11:31 PM ET

Bent's avatar

After looking back at this season, I think had some early injuries not happened, the wings would have finished better.  Can you imagine if they had Helm?  The future is bright, my friends.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/29/13 at 11:32 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I know it’s early after losing but I wonder if Pavel may have checked out mentally already.  1 goal and 1 assist ain’t gonna cut it.  We all like to beat on Smith but admit it… Pavel did not show up where and when it counted.  I love him but he did not seem to be himself all series long.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:34 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Dorothy Mantooth is a SAINT.

I’ll take her out for a nice steak dinner end never call her again.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:34 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Can you imagine if they had Helm?  The future is bright, my friends.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/29/13 at 11:32 PM ET

Ugh.  I have fear there.  For a speed merchant, lingering back problems are death.  I’m really, really worried about all that with him.

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:34 PM ET

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/29/13 at 11:32 PM ET

.....as bright as that pile of diamonds at my feet…...

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 05/29/13 at 11:35 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:34 PM ET

I think Pavel in injured.  The next few days will tell.

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 11:36 PM ET

monkey's avatar

We all like to beat on Smith but admit it…

I heard you love to beat on Smith.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Good run 19. Thanks Command Master Chief and the rest of you fine upstanding Bitches. It’s been a hell of a ride. No regrets. And, no more midnight games. Me likey.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/29/13 at 11:36 PM ET

And, no more midnight games.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/29/13 at 11:36 PM ET

It’s gonna be fun in the ‘13-‘14 season.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/29/13 at 11:37 PM ET

And, no more midnight games.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/29/13 at 11:36 PM ET

It’s gonna be fun in the ‘13-‘14 season.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/29/13 at 11:37 PM ET

We all like to beat on Smith but admit it…

I heard you love to beat on Smith.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:36 PM E

....i’m kinda partial to johnson…

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 05/29/13 at 11:37 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Gonna have to watch Slapshot soon.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:38 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 11:17 PM ET

echo, echo !!!

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan on 05/29/13 at 11:23 PM ET

Hear, Hear

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/29/13 at 11:31 PM ET

Oh shat!  I forgot to thank our bartender, or tarbender or drink pony or cocktail bitch..vOOx Thanks Man!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 11:38 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Fil in a boot hobbling gingerly down the hallway on FSD.

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:38 PM ET

calquake's avatar

I heard you love to beat on Smith.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:36 PM E

....i’m kinda partial to johnson…

Smith is johnson’s smaller cousin.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:39 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Smith

Wings need a Wesson.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:39 PM ET

Fil in a boot hobbling gingerly down the hallway on FSD.

Good non-call cheese

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 05/29/13 at 11:40 PM ET

monkey's avatar

*#$%@& him! His opinions do not always match mine!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Fil in a boot hobbling gingerly down the hallway on FSD.

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:38 PM ET

He can be booted right out of Detroit.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/29/13 at 11:41 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

They just showed Val in a walking cast.  I know many here do not appreciate what he does, but I think Kenny would have shipped him down the road long ago had he not been an asset to the team…not just one guy, but TEAM!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 11:41 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

God natt !!!!  from warm and muggy Florida,,,,Pool here i come…!!!  LGRW

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 05/29/13 at 11:41 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Fil in a boot hobbling gingerly down the hallway on FSD.

Thank you Fil for all you’ve done here but if you demand 5 mil from the Wings?  Buh-Bye.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:41 PM ET

Fil in a boot hobbling gingerly down the hallway on FSD.

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:38 PM ET

Wonder how that $5 million demand is looking now…

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/29/13 at 11:43 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Can you imagine if they had Helm?  The future is bright, my friends.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/29/13 at 11:32 PM ET

Helm isn’t coming back. We should just get used to that now.

Tatar will be up next year (praying Holland lets go some bottom six players). Nyquist and Andersson have hopefully cemented their positions in the lineup. Cleary ‘s contract expires and he better not be resigned. Bertuzzi should stay, on the fourth line with Emmerton, Eaves and Tootoo. Let those 4 rotate in and out. Sammy needs to go. Carlo? Ugh…he was fairly decent in the playoffs.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 05/29/13 at 11:44 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

See ya on the other side, Dr.Venkman

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/29/13 at 11:45 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Did Babs just say that Brunner was hurt?

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 11:47 PM ET

Primis's avatar

*#$%@& him! His opinions do not always match mine!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:40 PM ET

That’s been the motto of the internet since the Usenet days….

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:48 PM ET

Bent's avatar

I did mean what Helm would have meant for THIS season, but I am not convinced he is finished.  Extremely concerned, yes, but not fully convinced.  I wouldn’t be surprised to hear about surgery at some point, there were whispers of it this week.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/29/13 at 11:50 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

Would really like to hear what Larry Murphy would have to say right now.

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 11:51 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Are you assuming Miller won’t be re-signed?  I’ll take Miller over Tootoo or Emmerton.  Put Nyquist up on the second line, pick up Brad Richards if he’s bought out to take Fil’s place.  Tatar, Andersson and Brunner sounds good to me as does Nyquist, Richards and Franzen.  Keep Abby with Z and Dats.  I like that line-up.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:51 PM ET

Smith is johnson’s smaller cousin.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:39 PM ET

...

.....smith is the man i the boat…...captain of the douche canoe…..

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 05/29/13 at 11:52 PM ET

calquake's avatar

.....smith is the man i the boat…...captain of the douche canoe…..

All the way down to Davy Jones Locker.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:54 PM ET