Abel to Yzerman

In The Face Of A Hurricane West Wind

My mood hasn't changed from five hours ago, or whenver I wrote that post. I'm avoiding going home. My DVR will hum like a male Dive fan.  And I'll wait as long as I can to start watching.  It will be torture.

But, at some point, I'm going to watch this game.

In the dark recesses of our most horrific pessimism, there is hope.  You hate the playoffs because you feel you should. You despise this night because your instincts tell you to.  You know the Wings will  lose this thing because it's a defense mechanism baby Jesus gave to you as a gift.

But it's not real. The real part of you actually believes they can do this.  It might even be the logical part, if that makes any sense. Logic tells you anything can happen in a Game 7 because you've seen every scenario. No one has seen what you have. No one.

As bad as 6 was and as horrible as the last two days have been?

We're in a better place than any other fan of any other team in history.  You literally have genuine, justified, real hope that your team can advance to the Western Conference Finals.  You have that hope because of who you are and because of who they are.

You are Detroit Red Wing fans.  We are owed this night, this opportunity because we are the elite and the arrogant. You have swagger because your team is the gold standard.

Do this. Burn. This. Fuching. Conference. Down.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  And, yes Monkey, it's on.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 24 25 26 27 28 >  Last ›      Next »

dougie's avatar

Don’t know what to say. Didn’t want this to end yet.

Posted by dougie on 05/29/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Absolutely a great playoff run.  Went farther than expected and with a group of kids - Nike, Mr. Andersson, Brooooner, Smitty, Jesus Lashoff, Gator, Emmer, etc. - who’ve grabbed this opportunity and made it theirs.  I cannot wait for the prospects camp and TC in TC.

I cannot wait to see these guys again in September.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/29/13 at 11:10 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Hawks will be surprised by the physical game L.A.‘s forwards play.  Kings in 6.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:10 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

go jack it to another one of your gifs, *#$%@& you

Posted by pgoody on 05/29/13 at 11:11 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Easy to complain given the shit the Cawks got away with the past 4 games.

Quoted for truth.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/29/13 at 11:11 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Go Bruins.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where free agents no longer want to go. on 05/29/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Yep, seems the Bruins shall drink from the Silver Chalice.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 05/29/13 at 11:11 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Don’t know what to say. Didn’t want this to end yet.
Posted by dougie on 05/29/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Don’t forget to send me an email.  And have a drink on me.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/29/13 at 11:11 PM ET

monkey's avatar

That guy’s name was not Smith.

Boston strong butches.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:11 PM ET

No team goes through as much as the Wings did since the season ended last year and goes any further than the Wings did in the playoffs.  Great job.  Good experience for the young guys.  Lose some dead weight as many have said, and I like how things are looking for next year.  No way Jimmy should have had the numbers he did this year with the D in front of him.  Anyone who doesn’t think he’s a top tier goalie doesn’t know hockey.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 05/29/13 at 11:12 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Some day, I’ll have the strength to just give this shit up.  Truly.  I was just telling a buddy how I can’t stand how a game 7 is ref’d differently than a playoff game, which is ref’d differently than a regular season game.  It’s really tough to take.  the lack of consistency is a tough pill to swallow.  Damnit I love me some Wings though…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/29/13 at 11:13 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Hawks will be surprised by the physical game L.A.‘s forwards play.  Kings in 6.
Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:10 PM ET

Kings in 5. They do not lose at home and Quick is a WALL

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/29/13 at 11:13 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by

pgoody

on 05/29/13 at 11:08 PM ET

Sad and disappointing, but hopeful for the future.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:13 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Also, dont want LA to win at all, we are still the last repeat champ. I want that to remain standing for sure.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 05/29/13 at 11:13 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Anyone who doesn’t think he’s a top tier goalie doesn’t know hockey.

You must be talking aboot TPSH.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:13 PM ET

Good experience for the young guys.

Posted by Valek on 05/29/13 at 11:12 PM ET

This.  More than anything else, this.  It’s how Stevie Y, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Konstantinov, and McCarty got so battle hardened.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/29/13 at 11:13 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Two words.  Go Kings.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/29/13 at 11:14 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Don’t forget to send me an email.

Ok, soon.

Later, 19

Posted by dougie on 05/29/13 at 11:14 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Posted by pgoody

Fuch off, turd.

He’s absolutely right, Voox.

And, for someone who had a fuching stoke over Holmstrom’s head pasted on The Hedgehog’s body because it was “gay,” you sure do post a lot of really, REALLY, gay shit.

Just sayin’.

Prick.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 05/29/13 at 11:14 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Proud of the team, I don’t care if they were up 3 games to 1, they still played the number one seed in a game seven OT, NO ONE saw that coming.

LA will dismantle the Hawks, which will be something nice to watch.

As usual, the season was all the better because of all 19 of you guys and gals. You’re the best.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 05/29/13 at 11:14 PM ET

moocat's avatar

Smith has the Puck, Quincey points up-ice with his stick.  “Get it there”.  Thanks Quincey.

Ass.

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:00 PM ET

I’m all for bagging Quincy when he deserves it but he was pointing (and probably yelling) where the outlet was and Smith ignored him and turned back. Smith was lucky to escape the 2 man Hawk forecheck instead of just getting it out.

Good season in the end but will sting for a bit having been up 3-1.

Posted by moocat on 05/29/13 at 11:15 PM ET

And, no.  NBC will NOT be getting a single goddamn number from this house for their Neilsen ratings survey for the rest of the hockey playoffs.  Fuch those clowns.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/29/13 at 11:15 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Hawks will be surprised by the physical game L.A.‘s forwards play.  Kings in 6.

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:10 PM ET

Five, Kings in five.  Crawford is shakey, and with as much trouble as CHI had with DET’s rather poor defensive corps, imagine what LA will do to them.

Here’s who I think we find out have been playing hurt for a while:

Datsyuk
Filppula (lower body injury)
Cleary
Kronwall
maybe Franzen
maybe Colaiacovo
Samueless——HAHAHAHAHA I almost got through typing that without laughing.

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:16 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Not too bad for a rivalry that was supposed to be dead, because the hawks were advanced that far past the wings.  Fuch that guy, even with this result, he was so wrong.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/29/13 at 11:16 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Just sayin’.
Prick.
Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 05/29/13 at 11:14 PM ET

He wants to be a negative bitch and you are bitching (after 3 years) that I didn’t like one of your photoshops.  Gotcha, I’m the prick.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 05/29/13 at 11:16 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I said I was proud of this team regardless what happens at the start of the 3rd and it still goes.

Gary the. Ass shit a diamond and breathed a sigh of relief.

Have a good Rehab Wally. Maybe Kane will give ya 20 cent.

Go.kinks.  murder these stiffs.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 05/29/13 at 11:16 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

WOW! Lot of great things going on with the Wings and I am excited for next season.  So who do we root for in the West?  The guys who beat us or last year’s cup winners?  Who has the better chance against the Pens?  The Bs?

Thanks to the Master and Commander Chief (is that an okay title?) for the LBs this year-funny, inspiring, educational.  And to Okie for the game day set up.  You folks have handed me so many good times this season.  I am thankful for each one of you bitches. LGRW!

MORE Whiskey!

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 11:17 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

Gotcha, I’m the prick.

Acceptance is the first step.

You overbearing, obnoxious, holier-than-thou prick.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 05/29/13 at 11:17 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

I am so proud of this team ... what a fight they put up and they were sure classy in that handshake line.  What a great bunch of guys.
  We have some awesome years ahead judging by what these kids did in a shortened season and into the playoffs.
but I still feel deflated ...  NUMB

Olczyk you still suck and nice way to pass off all the derogatory talk to douche canoe Peeeeeeeeair ... guess you couldn’t handle the criticizm huh Edzo ?  ... you’re both a sham pair of annoucers and NBC and the NHL should be ashamed

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 05/29/13 at 11:18 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Gotcha, I’m the prick.

Acceptance is the first step.

You overbearing, obnoxious, holier-than-thou prick.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 05/29/13 at 11:17 PM ET

we’re all fuchin heated after an ot loss

fuch all you bitches

Posted by pgoody on 05/29/13 at 11:20 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by moocat on 05/29/13 at 11:15 PM ET

Proooobably would have been more useful for Quincey to you know, actually have his stick on the ice… so he could, you know, get a pass to help his partner out.  I’m guessing he could probably do that while yelling a warning to Smith.  If Smith has his head up to see Quincey’s stick, he probably can see the incoming Hawks too.  If his head’s down and he needs the warning, he can’t see Quincey’s stick anyways.

So basically, Quincey took himself out of that play.

That’s the perfect example of the Quincey Difference.  And is why Smith never has much of a chance or hope out there.

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:20 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

Posted by SYF from the Flood on 05/29/13 at 11:15 PM ET

Amen to that !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 05/29/13 at 11:21 PM ET

Primis's avatar

fuch all you bitches

Posted by pgoody on 05/29/13 at 11:20 PM ET

Dude at least feed me first…

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:22 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 05/29/13 at 11:17 PM ET

echo, echo !!!

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 05/29/13 at 11:23 PM ET

....i want this team to have a parade…..one of my favorite wings teams ever !!!....bravo, boys !!!.....a veritible silk purse from the sow’s ear that this season started out as….magnificent !!....

Posted by dingus from the salty great lake on 05/29/13 at 11:24 PM ET

calquake's avatar

fuch all you bitches

Get in the clown car Nancy…. boy, this is fun. wink

Posted by calquake on 05/29/13 at 11:24 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I had a cleaning at the dentist today and my gums feel great.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:24 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I had a cleaning at the dentist today and my gums feel great.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:24 PM ET

Err, that wasn’t a dentist, and those aren’t your gums you are rubbing…

Posted by Primis on 05/29/13 at 11:25 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I still want a pony.

Posted by dougie on 05/29/13 at 11:25 PM ET

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.

- C. S. Lewis

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 05/29/13 at 11:26 PM ET

monkey's avatar

fuch all you bitches

I’m with Primis. You didn’t buy me dinner.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/29/13 at 11:26 PM ET