Abel to Yzerman

Improvement And A2Y

Steve Yzerman's theme yesterday was improvement... via Ansar Khan of Mlive,

“I’m just looking for improvement,” Yzerman said. “Certainly, we’re expecting our younger players to improve. They’re a year more mature, a year more experienced, hopefully a little stronger, a little more explosive, a little better-conditioned.

“When the season is over, I want Dylan Larkin to be a better hockey player, Anthony Mantha, Tyler Bertuzzi, all the way down to … whether it’s Gustav Lindstrom, Michael Rasmussen, regardless if they’re in Detroit or Grand Rapids, wherever they’re playing. I want to see us be a little bit better and have more optimism that we’re getting closer by the end of the season.”

We will be watching too Mr. GM.

Fans will be calling for the youngsters to play, sit this guy, play these two, etc.

Most of us have faith in the GM and know this is a process, but we still want wins, enough of the embarrassing losses.

Let the season begin, we will be watching.

A2Y this year.

Kate will be back this year for the live blogs and I sure appreciate her work, it does take a bit of a load off of me.

Hopefully, The Master Chief will pop in whenever he gets the itch to write.  He is always welcome to post, even do a live blog, his work is legendary and is always a talking point.

I could use your help.

Some of you have a bad email registered here at KK/A2Y.  Meaning when someone comments on a post you also left a comment in, the notification of a new comment gets kicked back to me.  I don't care what email you use, as long as it is a working one, those kicked back emails are starting to become a burden for me.

Remember, I try to limit the number of daily posts, especially in A2Y and do add to posts or place an update in the comments of a post.  So make sure to double back during the day to check for updates.

Some of you may not be aware of this, but you can block other member comments in your control panel, use it you must.

As always, reach out to me if you have anything to say.  We survived ten months of no action on the ice, now let the boys play.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

The Meal's avatar

Looking forward to another season, even if the Wings look to be a bottom-5 team again.  (Sure hope I’m wrong, though!)

PK, any chance to make “Notify me of follow-up comments?” toggle default to unchecked?  I always uncheck it (I don’t like dealing with the emails, either) when I remember.  Maybe that’d help you out on your side?

Cheers,
-The M

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/14/21 at 09:25 AM ET

Paul's avatar

TM, there is a setting for that in your profile under email settings, ‘Enable email notifications by default when you post messages’.

It is off by default.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/14/21 at 09:30 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I forgot what it was like to come here and talk about actual hockey - hockey that was played the day before.  It’s so nice.

My morning routine each day is to fill up my coffee mug and come straight to kuklaskorner to browse and post the occasional comment.  It’s nice to have actual games happening again - makes the morning coffee just a little bit more enjoyable.

Posted by TreKronor on 01/14/21 at 09:44 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hockey is back!  Even if it’s poor hockey.

Lets at least hope for a productive season with the new captain and a solid year of the Yzerman regime under their belt.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Taylor Tucky Metroplex on 01/14/21 at 10:29 AM ET

The Meal's avatar

Thanks for the information, Paul.  Best luck to you.

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/14/21 at 11:32 AM ET

The Meal's avatar

(And now that I’ve refreshed this page, I see that it works!)

Posted by The Meal from Firestone, CO on 01/14/21 at 11:32 AM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

You could always delete the offending accounts and make them register again. A little harsh but they have been warned.

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 01/14/21 at 01:42 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Drop the puck

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 01/14/21 at 03:16 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Hope some of those errant email addresses get fixed soon, Paul. Mine works, and has been the same since 2002 or 2003.

As for the season? I’m ready to watch some hockey! While I hope the Wings fare better this season, I’m honestly not expecting much. They’re still very much a work in progress.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/14/21 at 04:54 PM ET