Abel to Yzerman

If You Need Him, He’ll Be There Again…Hank Is The Key

I don't like to talk about the Blackhawk series.  That one damaged me.  Fortunately for me, I believe it damaged one Hank Zetterberg worse. I believe that one hurt worse than any other.

I say fortunately, because I think the pain of that series is what will keep the Wings from losing this one.

There is blood in the water. It's rising and it's spreading. It's all globby and gross and fresh and it reeks of iron and guts.

Hank Zetterberg, most likely still unable to give the Chicago series much rational thought, has got to find the wounded animal beneath the surface of all  that blood. Then he and his friends have go to tear that thing to pieces.

I haven't watch a period of hockey this season. Not one minute. I have no idea if Zetterberg is actually hobbled, slowed, aged. I've read some of you believe he is. I don't doubt it. We all know that of all the Wings he takes the most punishment.

It was Hank who essentially told Pierre to take his microphone and stick it in his happy place, seconds after Brent Seabrook crushed our souls about 24 months ago.

As much as the Tampa GM hated, and hates, to lose? I think--despite what garbage Don Cherry would claim--our current captain rivals The Captain in that regard.

And I don't think he will let us lose tonight.  He's lost, but he's not a beautiful loser. He hates it. And he recognizes an opportunity tonight to avoid that feeling, for at least the remainder of this series.

3-1 means the series. It means the series because this captain will not let the Wings lose again. Not like that. Not again.

2-2 and that blood starts to shift and ebb. 2-2 and the legs may start to weaken, with the jaw going two games after.

Trust the wisdom of the old man, who's dreaming like a young one. Just like Bullet Bob tells us to.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

bigfrog's avatar

Go Red Wings. I will be at the game tonight. grin

Posted by bigfrog on 04/23/15 at 05:35 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Agreed.

LGRW!  Just win, it doesn’t have to be pretty.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/23/15 at 05:36 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

The Wings played arguably their best game of the season on Tuesday. They’re going to have to play even better tonight.

I would be absolutely thrilled if they did, but I don’t see any conceivable way they win this game. TB is going to throw all they have at them, and they have a lot. They’re a really, really good team.

That’s not the cynic in me talking. I’ve just run it through a million times and I don’t see a win tonight. I hope I’m wrong.

Even if I’m, I’ve still been really impressed by this Wings team this year. They’ve done a lot with what they’ve got.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 04/23/15 at 06:04 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

All aboard, bitches.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/23/15 at 06:05 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

TB will be the perfect lodger, the perfect guest. TB will be the beautiful losers tonight.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/23/15 at 06:15 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

thanks, Chief.

14 to 12

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/23/15 at 06:21 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I have a gut feeling, and they’ve almost all been wrong this season…but I’ve got a gut feeling tonight is the night we really learn to hate the Lightning.

I mean, let’s face it, Tampa Bay ain’t the Blackhawks, or Toronto, or Anaheim. They aren’t a team you just wake up hating. It’s a process. And I think tonight that process swings into high gear.

Maybe it’s that shite-eating grin on Stamcocks face in the video below, not sure.

See, I’m already hating a little bit!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 04/23/15 at 06:23 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

You sir, Master Chief…. Know how to push buttons.
All hands on deck and play the game boys.
LGRW.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/23/15 at 06:33 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

The Bolts said they were going to throw everything they had against the Wings last game.  And know what?  They lost.  And their coach was trying to sound confident today, but I don’t think he or the Bolts are confident at all.  They got the zebras in their corner and they’re still not walking away with this the way all the “experts” told them they would.  I think the Wings are gonna win tonight.  I know they can.  Just do it.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 04/23/15 at 06:39 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m in. Gimme a W.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/23/15 at 07:00 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

I’m here for a while.  Will have to leave for rehearsal around the 2nd intermission.  So, let’s make the first two periods awesome, so I don’t have to worry so much while I’m away.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 04/23/15 at 07:03 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

And know what?  They lost.

Now, that’s exactly what I like to see. That, and a Live Blog by our Chief.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/23/15 at 07:05 PM ET

YYZerman's avatar

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by YYZerman from Detroit, Michigan on 04/23/15 at 07:10 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Here we go!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/23/15 at 07:11 PM ET

Buckled in with a Founders Dirty Bastard in my hand just like last game.  Rides on the Hasek are always an experience.

LGRW!!

Hejsan Y’all !!    Lets Go Red Wings clap clap clap   cheese

Believe

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 04/23/15 at 07:13 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

LGRW!!

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/23/15 at 07:11 PM ET

Got a Miller Lite Tall Boy here… envious? ....You are.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/23/15 at 07:13 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Smitty!

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 04/23/15 at 07:14 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hola 19. Razor is in their heads big time. The longer he holds then off the harder they squeeze their stick and club the chances they get.
Abby better keep his head up because the bolts are going after him tonite. LGRW bitches

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the Greenville Pylons on 04/23/15 at 07:14 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Smitty for Callahan. I’ll take that trade.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/23/15 at 07:14 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

I hate Callahan.  Of course, I’d love to see him in the Winged Wheel, but right now, I hate Callahan.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 04/23/15 at 07:14 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Kick his a** Smitty.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 04/23/15 at 07:14 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Good on Smitty.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/23/15 at 07:14 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

If we need a sacrifice, I have a neighbor who has two dogs that bark incessantly. Hours and hours at a time.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/23/15 at 07:16 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

If we need a sacrifice,

IF?  You know what to do Mo

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/23/15 at 07:17 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Smitty keeps his head on straight and he might have a good start to this game.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/23/15 at 07:18 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

You know what to do Mo

Twice this year since the playoffs started, I’ve let blood from something in hopes of satisfying Jobo and the hockey gods.
It’s turkey season.  wink

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/23/15 at 07:20 PM ET

Figaro's avatar

Bull Poodle!

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 04/23/15 at 07:20 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Bullcrap!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 04/23/15 at 07:20 PM ET

Tampa selling another penalty…..shocking.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/23/15 at 07:20 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Whore. Mouth. Of. Mine.
Sorry guys.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/23/15 at 07:21 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Tampa Bay got away with that same shit on the last face-off.  crap call.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/23/15 at 07:21 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Smitty keeps his head on straight and he might have a good start to this game.

riiiiight….