Abel to Yzerman

I Reckon This Is It - Nuclear Combat Toe-To-Toe With The Roosskies - Time For A Live Blog

Seeing as Li’l Gary has nothing to do with tonight’s Canada-Russia game, I thought I might stop by and serve drinks for a live blog.  Watching the kids play winter hockey for all the marbles, while we keep the fire in the belly warm with stuff that might just make you go blind.

That is if the 19 still need a bartender.

I know nothing about what’s happened in this tournament nor the NHL this season other than box scores, and I don’t care.  All I’m looking forward to is watching hockey played by teams who give a fuch, untainted by Li’l Gary Bettman, and hanging out with 19 of my friends.

I’ll finish off with what is either a great quote from Russian literature which describes how I feel about hockey, or it’s Li’l Gary describing his favourite hockey player.  I leave it up to you to decide.

“It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.”

Please get in touch with Jennyquarx about your H2H2 payment, if you haven’t already.  That includes me.

It’s a Live Blog and the drinks will be flowing liberally.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Posted by HockeyTownTodd

Paysite is streaming the TSN feed, (silverlight)

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 01/05/11 at 11:50 PM ET

Sorry, I stepped away, gents.  I see it’s 3-nil CAN.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:00 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Canada is relentless.  Too many men on the ice penalty, though, as they were a bit too eager in the offensive zone.  Not that there will be any of those penalties called in the Tampa-Pitt game tonight.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/06/11 at 12:00 AM ET

Well, the CAR/NYR game is 1-nil NYR with less than ten minutes in the third.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:05 AM ET

2-nil DAL over CHI with less than 1:30 left in the first.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:10 AM ET

Third period in the Gold Medal game.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:19 AM ET

Douche Canoe:  That spot was all wet there.

He was pointing to his own crotch.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:21 AM ET

Now the Rooskies get on the board.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:22 AM ET

NOW it’s really interesting.  11 seconds.

3-2 CAN.  And it’s just about four minutes into the third.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:23 AM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Russia with 2 quick goals, 3-2, with 17:00 to go in the 3rd.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 01/06/11 at 12:24 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Ah yes, third period lack of focus causes a lead to evaporate.  At least I’m getting a taste of Wings hockey today.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/06/11 at 12:30 AM ET

And we have a tied game!  Holy hell…where was this team in the first forty minutes?

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:31 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Early leads bring late comebacks.

3-3 and my bottle is running low.  Good thing I have a shelf behind me.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/06/11 at 12:31 AM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Tie game 3-3.
Canada’s D is just backing all the way into the crease, not challenging at all.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 01/06/11 at 12:33 AM ET

Be back.  I just lost my feed.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:35 AM ET

Four straight goals by the Russians just here in the third.

4-3 RUS.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:45 AM ET

On their offensive chances, CAN is putting two very large fellas in the Russian crease.  They just gotta get it to them.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:49 AM ET

Five unanswered goals by the Russians.

5-3 RUS with just over a minute to play in the game.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:50 AM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

5 unanswered goals…
Very shabby

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 01/06/11 at 12:51 AM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Posted by SYF from

two guys standing still against the russians….
I think you just nailed it

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 01/06/11 at 12:53 AM ET

It’s the Russians winning the WJC 5-3 in stunning fashion.

What an unbelievable game.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 12:54 AM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Oh my !!  We seem to have finally found something to shut the douche canoe up!!!

Yeah Russia.

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/06/11 at 12:54 AM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Looking forward to Coach’s Corner on Saturday…

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 01/06/11 at 12:55 AM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Calgary at Vancouver in about 4 minutes

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 01/06/11 at 12:57 AM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

How does scotty walk around upright wearing that HUGE ring???

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/06/11 at 12:58 AM ET

VooX's avatar

How does scotty walk around upright wearing that HUGE ring???

His large balls act as a counter-balance.

Congrats Mother Russia for exploiting our boys’ lack of focus and skate-to-the-throat intensity.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 01/06/11 at 01:02 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Can’t wait to hear the morning guys on xm home ice explain that meltdown. Those guys are the whole tool box. they were still fellating on the winter classic on Tuesday. 3 freaking days later. The only decent show on that channel is the war room. Mick Kern is their best. Must be coincidental with the 1st name eh?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 01/06/11 at 01:06 AM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Nothing against team Canada, but I’m loving the young Russians celebrating and singing.

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/06/11 at 01:10 AM ET

The 2012 WJC will be in Calgary and Edmonton.  Canada and USA will be in the same pool (Pool B).  Russia and Sweden will be in Pool A.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/06/11 at 01:19 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Wow.  That is stunning.  I had a feeling when the Russians got those two quick goals that the Canadian team might start gripping the sticks a little tight.  Those fanatical crowds can be a double edge sword—it’s great when everything’s rolling downhill and the building is rocking, not so much when the momentum swings the other way and you can practically hear the fingernails being chewed and swallowed in the stands.  And man oh man did the momentum ever swing in this one.  Unbelievable.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/06/11 at 01:42 AM ET

Alzy's avatar

I’m still sitting here in shock. It was 3-0 after two, all was right with the world. Then my manager decides to be a douche and “forbids” anyone from watching the game, for no reason at all, and it just gets worse and worse. A friend of mine from Ontario sent me a text asking me if I was watching, told him the situation, and he tells me it’s tied. My response is “you’re fuching shittin me, they blew a 3-0 lead?!” And needless to say, when that text came to tell me it was over 5-3, I was just bewildered. To be so dominant for two periods, and then watch it just evaporate… I feel like it’s the second coming of the Kick to the Groin.

Posted by Alzy from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on 01/06/11 at 05:50 AM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

I’ll just leave this here.

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 01/06/11 at 02:41 PM ET

Trish's avatar

OMG saw that joker after his hair had been tamed - did not make the connection(!)

Wings curling

PD also has the same video up at yahoo.

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 01/06/11 at 03:25 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Pittsburgh at Montreal…7:30 PM
Be interesting to see how the pens do on the 2nd of a B2B, when the other team has had 3 days rest.
It didnt work out too well for Tampa last night.

Posted by HockeyTownTodd on 01/06/11 at 08:47 PM ET

HockeyTownTodd's avatar

Sidney Crosby is scratched for tonights game in Montreal.
He headed back to Pittsburgh after the morning skate.
Upper body injury.