Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Danny DeKeyser A Hall of Famer

Ha. That's just silly talk from me. Heck, the guy isn't even 14th in the league in defenseman scoring.

But he'll never play another minute outside the NHL. Ever. He's that good, this soon.  Is he poised like Gonchar? Oh heck no. Who is? Who could be, or ever will be?

Meanwhile...

...last game, in Detroit?  Three young men decided to climb out of their Chevy van, hail some hookers, unleash the puppies and climbed aboard a fire truck just before the horns blared and the children frolicked.  James Taylor hummed in their ears and the scapegoats started dealing:  Franzen, Filppula, Brunner.  Again.  If, if, if.  If Franzen could just...if Filppula would just...if Brunner can prove...well they did. For one night.

We're uneasy riders today, my friends.  So, if you're a faithful follower of Brother John Birch I'd recommend you take a hard look at RWBill's NOLD updates...found in any of Okie's Game Day Threads (Bill...if you'd be so kind as to blast us one in the comments here, that would be downright nifty).  I'm not going to explain the scenarios.  If you want to see them, go see the Octopus Thrower...every possible contingency is covered here

Back to the IFs.  Those three, man. I tell ya.  Scoring from them breaks this thing wide open.  Another horrific dry spell and we're toast.

It's a Live Blog, bitches. I'm serious. It is. Larry Murphy is obliterated somewhere.  The Stress Train is rocking.  It's soiled, stinky, disgusting and ours.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

bezukov's avatar

He was drunk for the first 62 comments

Posted by PuckStopsHere on 04/24/13 at 06:30 PM ET

I visit this site everyday… and your comments on this thread constitute the first time I’ve read anything you’ve written in over a year.

Let’s get another streak going eh?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/24/13 at 07:34 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Yannow it’s coming….

“Stanley Cup Champions LA Kings, struggling to gain home ice in the playoffs, forced to play without their Leader in the second of back to back games against an aging Red Wing team…...Oh. The. Humanity.”

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/24/13 at 07:35 PM ET

Howdy bitches!  Everyone fired up and ready to rock?

Well, is ya?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 04/24/13 at 07:33 PM ET

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/24/13 at 07:36 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Well, is ya?

5 Jameson shots in before the puck drops, that’s a good start,eh?

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Holy fuch.  Douche Canoe’s left hand is waaaaay too close to Kronner’s junk.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/24/13 at 07:37 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Evenin Bitches

Bonjour.

Posted by calquake on 04/24/13 at 07:38 PM ET

5 Jameson shots in before the puck drops, that’s a good start,eh?

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Dammit…

Gots some catching up to do.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/24/13 at 07:38 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Holy fuch.  Douche Canoe’s left hand is waaaaay too close to Kronner’s junk.

Posted by SYF from a Charlie Foxtrot of a Wings season on 04/24/13 at 07:37 PM ET

Hmm…...I didn’t notice that at all, but then, I don’t look at other men’s junk wink

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 07:39 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

1554 Black Ale for me.  Never had it before, I’ll let ya know…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/24/13 at 07:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Well, is ya?

5 Jameson shots in before the puck drops, that’s a good start,eh?

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Looks like you “started on time”.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/24/13 at 07:39 PM ET

ROFL.  Can’t be helped when Douche is freakishly obvious about it.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/24/13 at 07:40 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

“Watching” the Tigers on my IPhone, RWBill.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 07:40 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

stuck with the shitty NBC crew, even though I have a gamecenter hookup. The NHLs doing me whore-style.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/24/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Here we go.

LGRW.

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/24/13 at 07:40 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

game time

buckle up

and ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/24/13 at 07:40 PM ET

redxblack, believe me.  I’ve tried to find the TSN coverage all over and it’s just not happening.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/24/13 at 07:41 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’m gonna get that drunk.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/24/13 at 07:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I knew it I’m surrounded by assholes.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/24/13 at 07:41 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

ITDeuce - if you get the chance, BLACK CANNON is a beautiful black IPA (which I know doesn’t make sense). Its glorious.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/24/13 at 07:41 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

“Del” Keyser again?  Really?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 07:41 PM ET

Is Doc back on his DelKeyser kick?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/24/13 at 07:41 PM ET

Beware, Wings.  Seriously, Quick gets better as he faces more shots.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/24/13 at 07:42 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Del Taco back at it.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/24/13 at 07:42 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

LONG lag on my stream here. I’m thinking this won’t be quite a LIVE blog. You bitches are going to be spoiling for us streamers, so good news please.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/24/13 at 07:42 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

looks like blatant interference isnt a thing we’re calling tonight

Posted by Hootinani on 04/24/13 at 07:43 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

“Del” Keyser again?  Really?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 07:41 PM ET

It’s all about consistency.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/24/13 at 07:43 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/24/13 at 07:41 PM ET

Don’t you EVER, and I mean EVER say that a black IPA doesn’t make sense.  They are my part time favorites.  Malty: yes, Hoppy: yes, Perfect:yes.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/24/13 at 07:43 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Manchester Monarchs??? Here comes the trivia…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/24/13 at 07:43 PM ET

OH!!!!!!!!!  Eaves with a wide open net…misses.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/24/13 at 07:44 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Well, the Kids appear hungry!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/24/13 at 07:44 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Is Doc back on his DelKeyser kick?

Posted by Valek on 04/24/13 at 07:41 PM ET

Yep, he is “heady” on defense. Give me John Forslund ANY night(that I can’t get a FSD feed)

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 07:44 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

with the P being Pale, it seems like an oxymoron. I get enough of em and I’m a moron. Oxy.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/24/13 at 07:44 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Minds on the net, I like it

Posted by Hootinani on 04/24/13 at 07:45 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/24/13 at 07:44 PM ET

I hear ya man, I was just going all WAY OVER THE TOP defensive.  I frigging love black IPA’s.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/24/13 at 07:45 PM ET

Heh.  Even Buctkets has some sauce in his boots.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/24/13 at 07:46 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

PP coming up

do it, Wings

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/24/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Bout time

Posted by Hootinani on 04/24/13 at 07:47 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/24/13 at 07:44 PM ET

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 04/24/13 at 07:45 PM ET

to be perfectly clear I was trying to be funny.  My sarcasm doesn’t quite shine through in type…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/24/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Tony Perkis's avatar

I wish they played this way all year. I have much more confidence against those shitstain Hawks.

Posted by Tony Perkis from Drinking at Robert's Lounge with Billy Batts on 04/24/13 at 07:47 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »