Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Danny DeKeyser A Hall of Famer

Ha. That's just silly talk from me. Heck, the guy isn't even 14th in the league in defenseman scoring.

But he'll never play another minute outside the NHL. Ever. He's that good, this soon.  Is he poised like Gonchar? Oh heck no. Who is? Who could be, or ever will be?

Meanwhile...

...last game, in Detroit?  Three young men decided to climb out of their Chevy van, hail some hookers, unleash the puppies and climbed aboard a fire truck just before the horns blared and the children frolicked.  James Taylor hummed in their ears and the scapegoats started dealing:  Franzen, Filppula, Brunner.  Again.  If, if, if.  If Franzen could just...if Filppula would just...if Brunner can prove...well they did. For one night.

We're uneasy riders today, my friends.  So, if you're a faithful follower of Brother John Birch I'd recommend you take a hard look at RWBill's NOLD updates...found in any of Okie's Game Day Threads (Bill...if you'd be so kind as to blast us one in the comments here, that would be downright nifty).  I'm not going to explain the scenarios.  If you want to see them, go see the Octopus Thrower...every possible contingency is covered here

Back to the IFs.  Those three, man. I tell ya.  Scoring from them breaks this thing wide open.  Another horrific dry spell and we're toast.

It's a Live Blog, bitches. I'm serious. It is. Larry Murphy is obliterated somewhere.  The Stress Train is rocking.  It's soiled, stinky, disgusting and ours.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Hahaha Chief you’re an ass.

Love it.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 04/24/13 at 07:05 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I’m gonna guess that I’m exempt from that

Posted by Hootinani on 04/24/13 at 07:01 PM ET

Nope. I’m not gonna do that again. I am here to have fun, but need to be half hammered to do that, apparently. My self medication was not quite when it needed to be when I blasted you. I started earlier tonight.

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 07:06 PM ET

dougie's avatar

when=where.

RWBill’s Ipad screwed it up

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 07:08 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Awesome, the game is on ESPN. I’m not home, but still.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 07:09 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Not sure what this is worth, but LA has the second-worst road record, after San Jose.

That is, of course, if I am reading the standings correctly, which is questionable, seeing lunch consisted of a couple Patrons and Angry Orchards to wash down the, uh, chips.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/24/13 at 07:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

when=where.

RWBill’s Ipad screwed it up

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 07:08 PM ET

it’s my iPad tat sctews things up.  tongue wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/24/13 at 07:12 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I might be wrong, but NHL.com has the m10th in the West.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 07:12 PM ET

dougie's avatar

the game is on ESPN

Let me guess, you don’t live in on the North American continent, right? wink

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 07:12 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I might be wrong, but NHL.com has the m10th in the West.

I should have said “of all playoff teams, LA has the second-worst record”

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/24/13 at 07:13 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Jimmy and the D can not, can not give up three goals tonight.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 04/24/13 at 07:14 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 07:13 PM ET

We’re in the playoffs!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/24/13 at 07:15 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Jimmy and the D can not, can not give up three goals tonight.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 04/24/13 at 07:14 PM ET

Nope.  All the Wings need to do is score three goals.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 07:16 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I should have said “of all playoff teams, LA has the second-worst record”

Oh, then you’re right.

And to piss on your beer, Detroit have the second-worst home record, better only than the Islanders.

(there’s so many wrong stuff in that sentence)

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 07:16 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Angry Orchards to wash down the, uh, chips.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/24/13 at 07:09 PM ET

Love that stuff.  Tried some of it at a Frankenmuth beer expo, think it had ginger in it, and it was great.

Posted by Hootinani on 04/24/13 at 07:17 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I knew I could count on one of the 19 to piss on my Cheerios!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/24/13 at 07:17 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Excellent beer, for sure

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/24/13 at 07:18 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

We’re in the playoffs!

Oh, the traditional Road Record Playoffs, with all series being played in Somalia.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 07:18 PM ET

Here’s hoping ViaSat will have the TSN coverage and not that retarded “Rivalry Night” horseshit.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/24/13 at 07:19 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

This is basic no jink coverage to extend all night, to all of the 19. Shut. Whore. Mouth.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/24/13 at 07:19 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

no way Pasha’s goal was #2.

deserved No. 1, no question.

none. period.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/24/13 at 07:20 PM ET

with all series being played in Somalia.

Well, they do have the best ice in the league.

Posted by Garth on 04/24/13 at 07:22 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Well, they do have the best ice in the league.

Bettman will hold a Winter Classic there next year.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 07:24 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Anyone have a feed?

Well, if the game goes tits up, we can kick around the resident rainman with his charts and graphs. That’s redolent.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/24/13 at 07:24 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

“Your tie is so green it’s pathetic.”

They pay him for that?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/24/13 at 07:27 PM ET

dougie's avatar

The NBC Sports ruhtards think you have to go through LA to win the Cup.

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 07:28 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

“Your tie is so green it’s pathetic.”

They pay him for that?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/24/13 at 07:27 PM ET

Buckle up.  A trip to the playoffs means a long, painful date with the NBC broadcast team.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 07:29 PM ET

Still waiting on ViaSat here.  Thankfully, I don’t have to put up with the manure chompers, yet.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/24/13 at 07:30 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Half the Tigers and Royals are wearing stocking caps, it’s world series weather in Detroit again.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/24/13 at 07:30 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Hah! close up on Dats and….was that a ball of tape?  paper airplane?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/24/13 at 07:31 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I’m sure we’ll hear all about the perseverance of the LA Saints, being unjustly forced to play without Brown, the rock upon which The Church was built.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/24/13 at 07:31 PM ET

Nope.  ViaSat is a letdown.  They’re showing soccer instead.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/24/13 at 07:32 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

The NBC Sports ruhtards think you have to go through LA to win the Cup.

The Kings are trying to unify the NHL, WBA and WBC championships.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 07:32 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 07:29 PM ET

I’ll start drinking now.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/24/13 at 07:32 PM ET

Surfer Ken's avatar

Time to press mute on the TV.
Techno music goes so well with the game.

Posted by Surfer Ken from San Clemente on 04/24/13 at 07:32 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Howdy bitches!  Everyone fired up and ready to rock?

Well, is ya?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/24/13 at 07:33 PM ET

I think I just saw Olcsux drooling over his treatise on Jeff Carter.  Gross.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/24/13 at 07:33 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Eddie stole Murph’s glasses.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/24/13 at 07:33 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Evenin Bitches

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/24/13 at 07:34 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Well, is ya?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 04/24/13 at 07:33 PM ET

I’m on my third drink and that’s my usual quota for a WEEK.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 07:34 PM ET