Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Danny DeKeyser A Hall of Famer

Ha. That's just silly talk from me. Heck, the guy isn't even 14th in the league in defenseman scoring.

But he'll never play another minute outside the NHL. Ever. He's that good, this soon.  Is he poised like Gonchar? Oh heck no. Who is? Who could be, or ever will be?

Meanwhile...

...last game, in Detroit?  Three young men decided to climb out of their Chevy van, hail some hookers, unleash the puppies and climbed aboard a fire truck just before the horns blared and the children frolicked.  James Taylor hummed in their ears and the scapegoats started dealing:  Franzen, Filppula, Brunner.  Again.  If, if, if.  If Franzen could just...if Filppula would just...if Brunner can prove...well they did. For one night.

We're uneasy riders today, my friends.  So, if you're a faithful follower of Brother John Birch I'd recommend you take a hard look at RWBill's NOLD updates...found in any of Okie's Game Day Threads (Bill...if you'd be so kind as to blast us one in the comments here, that would be downright nifty).  I'm not going to explain the scenarios.  If you want to see them, go see the Octopus Thrower...every possible contingency is covered here

Back to the IFs.  Those three, man. I tell ya.  Scoring from them breaks this thing wide open.  Another horrific dry spell and we're toast.

It's a Live Blog, bitches. I'm serious. It is. Larry Murphy is obliterated somewhere.  The Stress Train is rocking.  It's soiled, stinky, disgusting and ours.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

MsRedWinger's avatar

Hey, Master Chief!  Methinks nobody has found you yet, because this post is listed before Okie’s GDT.  I’ll go over there and tell everyone.

You’re so right.  If only…

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 06:14 PM ET

Chet's avatar

love it.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/24/13 at 06:15 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Oh.  Now the LB is in the proper order.  But I did tell people it’s up.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 06:15 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Oh.  Now the LB is in the proper order.  But I did tell people it’s up.

Thank you ma’am. I started it way early today, set it aside and just got back to it.  Paul will tell you I have some issues when it comes to time stamps, etc.  I’m high maintenance.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 04/24/13 at 06:16 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

thanks, Chief.

I’m high maintenance.

aren’t we all this time of year?

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/24/13 at 06:19 PM ET

jp.schulte's avatar

Oh God, I’m already drinking

Posted by jp.schulte from South Bend, IN on 04/24/13 at 06:19 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Where’s the pic of Dom with his head out the window of the Stress Train when ya need it…..

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/24/13 at 06:19 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Ha. Boom, bitches.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/24/13 at 06:19 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

LB up…..Chief! Your efficiency never fails to astound!

This is from the game day post that I’ll “Kerry” over here since ever’y damn one of ya missed the point.

Down goes Brown, for 2 games.

Interestingly, Kerry Fraser (he of the retired zebra) thought otherwise.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 04/24/13 at 03:54 PM ET

...yeah, yeah, but how did VO5’s his hair look?

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/24/13 at 06:20 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

RSV.  Let’s go Red Wings!  All aboard!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/24/13 at 06:21 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 04/24/13 at 06:16 PM ET

Didn’t know a six pack was considered high maintenance.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/24/13 at 06:21 PM ET

2 wins in the next 29 hours and at the very least Detroit will win the opportunity to get crushed by Chicago in the first round.

Can’t argue that the dynamics of the last few games rock as there are two matchups between the teams fighting it out for the end:

Columbus vs Dallas tomorrow
Detroit vs Dallas sat

How about this for an interesting concept, why would any team rather be the 5th seed rather than the 6th seed?  Think about it, many 3rd seeds are amongst the weakest who make the playoffs due to the system of each division getting 1/2/3 spot.  The only time it would matter otherwise is if the two teams met each other later.

Last, the finals better not be Chicago vs. Pittsburgh.  Too cliche and predictible.

Posted by neffernin on 04/24/13 at 06:21 PM ET

PuckStopsHere's avatar

Silly troll.  Nobody ever accused Bill of being a grown up.

Posted by PuckStopsHere on 04/24/13 at 06:22 PM ET

Ahoy, Sailor.  Been a long while since we’ve had the much-revered HMM, but this whole Proskauer Rose-sponsored half-ass season has been pretty much the clustefuch as advertised.  While everyone else outside of the Red Wings nation is happy with the results (like three people - Gary.Ass, Daly.Asskisser, and Stephen Walkdum), it’s been 45 games of hardcore drinking.

Just get the two points, Wings.  And per Bill’s Peloton, make it an ROW win.  No gimmick extra point.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 04/24/13 at 06:24 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Silly troll.  Nobody ever accused Bill of being a grown up.

Chief took 63 comments to show up on your post. You took 10.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 06:28 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s a Live Blog, bitches. I’m serious. It is. Larry Murphy is obliterated somewhere.

Evenin’ Wingaholics. Thanks Master Chief. We have to win the next 3./strong] I just wish Larry Murphy was obliterated between the benches doin’ his thing.

Let’s Roll. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/24/13 at 06:30 PM ET

PuckStopsHere's avatar

He was drunk for the first 62 comments

Posted by PuckStopsHere on 04/24/13 at 06:30 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Silly troll.  Nobody ever accused Bill of being a grown up.

Posted by PuckStopsHere on 04/24/13 at 06:22 PM ET

I didn’t realize you had trademarked that blog title…

And you accused us of immaturity. Silly you, expecting more.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/24/13 at 06:32 PM ET

Posted by PuckStopsHere on 04/24/13 at 06:30 PM ET

Don’t you have some hockey games to not watch and then judge afterwards based solely on the stats sheet?

Posted by Garth on 04/24/13 at 06:34 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

He was drunk for the first 62 comments

Oh fuch you

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 06:36 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

He was drunk for the first 62 comments

Completely wasted. And even in that condition I could still write circles around you. That’s just an FYI.  I’m amazed, and oddly warmed, by the fact that I haven’t made a reference to your gift for prose until now.  A whole new world may have just opened up for me.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 04/24/13 at 06:39 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Silly troll.
Posted by PuckStopsHere on 04/24/13 at 06:22 PM ET

Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle. Mr. Kettle meet Mr. Pot.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/24/13 at 06:40 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Sounds like a surly bunch tonight.

Got the Game 7 gut, and the Southern Comfort to sooth it.

Posted by Hootinani on 04/24/13 at 06:41 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 04/24/13 at 06:16 PM ET

You’re worth it, Master Chief.

I’m with Kate.  I want my Murph back.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 06:41 PM ET

Chet's avatar

Silly troll.  Nobody ever accused Bill of being a grown up.

Posted by PuckStopsHere on 04/24/13 at 06:22 PM ET

i was going to say something clever yet snotty, containing good-natured yet strong disdain for TPSH, but decided: if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/24/13 at 06:45 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

lmao, I haven’t read shit else but the headline and I didn’t read any of last nights TPSH’s Gonchar post but I saw the post count shoot up so I’m sure hilarity was ensuing….. but that shit made me laugh.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/24/13 at 06:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Ahoy!
This only shows us bottom feeders..  It’s important to remember our rudderless opponents are fighting for home ice, tied with SJ.

The awaited Night Of The Living Dead looks unavoidable.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/24/13 at 06:55 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Posted by Garth on 04/24/13 at 06:34 PM ET

LOL

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/24/13 at 06:56 PM ET

dougie's avatar

if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/24/13 at 06:45 PM ET

My sainted Mother taught me that, but I can’t stand being silent all the time.

Imma try my bestest not to tell anybody to STFU tonight, at least during the first period.

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 06:57 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Hi Ya All!

Here’s hoping for a WIN at home.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/24/13 at 06:58 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

NHL Live with a poll asking if the Wings will make the playoffs

51% said no

thats alot of assholes

Posted by Hootinani on 04/24/13 at 06:59 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Money Puck ???

Posted by Down River Dan on 04/24/13 at 06:59 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by dougie on 04/24/13 at 06:57 PM ET

I’m gonna guess that I’m exempt from that

Posted by Hootinani on 04/24/13 at 07:01 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

NHL Live with a poll asking if the Wings will make the playoffs

51% said no

thats alot of assholes

Answering like if it asked if they wanted the Wings to make the playoffs?

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 07:01 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

thats alot of assholes

Posted by Hootinani on 04/24/13 at 06:59 PM ET

I’m sure that’s a quote from

Justified.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/24/13 at 07:02 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Posted by Chet from twitter: thegansen on 04/24/13 at 06:45 PM ET

There is no place for such logic on this site.

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 04/24/13 at 07:02 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

abby is prolly thinking,

‘geez, Pee-Aire! You need a Tic-Tac.’

stupid questions

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/24/13 at 07:03 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

“During” the first. It haven’t started yet, have fun.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/24/13 at 07:03 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

thats alot of assholes

Posted by Hootinani on 04/24/13 at 06:59 PM ET

Jealous assholes.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/24/13 at 07:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

NBC broadcast. Fuching gypped again. Fooled me twice. Shame on me.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!