Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Chris Ilitch 100% Misguided

Well, here we go.  Since I addressed this very topic earlier today, I guess I owe you a reaction.  Vomit.

Ilitch said he has "100 percent confidence" in Holland and that he will be the team's GM next season, the final year of his contract, and hopefully into the future.

That's Khan(!) and he, hold your breath, says he'll have "more details shortly."

Seriously. Could this frigging franchise do anything more to piss us off? What a bunch of saps we are. I mean, we're not going anywhere, so that's not really fair. But, my god, we're like dogs who get the shit kicked out of them and just keep coming back.

Something else amusing?

Teddy Kulfan.

With Holland expected to be aggressive on the trade market...

But chances may be better with Lottomatica or scoring 50 in 50.

He literally typed that this morning and then allowed it to be published.  Holy. Shit. No one has made fewer trades than Ken Holland over the last fifteen years. That's literal fact.

Who the HELL expects Holland to be "aggressive on the trade market"? What track record indicates that?

The offseason has begun and the shit show is in full swing.

Holy. Shit.  "100 percent confidence" in Holland...and we'd like to keep him "hopefully into the future."

Vomit. Not light. Not wretching. Full blown, violent, explosive. Vomit.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Ilitches are becoming Norris2.0.

I asked this in another thread, who is the last legit top pair D man brought to the OrganIzation by KH???

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/11/17 at 01:54 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar
HolyShit.  "100 percent confidence" in Holland...and we'd like to keep him "hopefully into the future."

Vomit. Not light. Not wretching. Full blown, violent, explosive. Vomit.

Anschutz blew out practically the entire Kings front office and coaching staff yesterday, and The Kings had won the Cup TWICE in the last six seasons.

The Wings have won EXACTLY ONE PLAYOFF SERIES in the past six seasons, yet KH gets to keep his job!

Man up, Christopher. Be like Martha.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/11/17 at 02:03 PM ET

Guilherme's avatar

That’s Khan(!) and he, hold your breath, says he’ll have “more details shortly.”

That made me chuckle.

he will be the team’s GM next season, the final year of his contract, and hopefully into the future.

That did not.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 04/11/17 at 02:04 PM ET

Alan's avatar

This is just my perspective, but I’ve listened to the doublespeak of various other ownerships over the years. There are a number of other factors here that most folks won’t consider. After all, next season is the last of KH’s contract, right? Perhaps the thinking is that he should have that opportunity to try and turn it around before the reins get handed off to someone new.

Having “100 percent confidence” means dick in the end, though, because it’s still a business decision. If Ilitch decides that KH is indeed a problem, he’ll get his pink slip and sent to the unemployment line.

The summer is a lot longer without having a team in the playoffs to cheer for. The public face various teams and businesses show is often much different from the face they show privately. Ilitch is placing a safe bet and waiting to see what happens.

Personally speaking, I think Blashill is of more concern than KH… but not by much.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/11/17 at 02:14 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

No one has made fewer worse trades than Ken Holland over the last fifteen years. That’s literal fact.

There. Fixed that for you, Master Chief.

Who the HELL expects Holland to be “aggressive on the trade market”?

Only an idiot who wants to see the Wings get screwed. The best thing we can hope for is that Holland makes zero trades. After that point, only bad things are likely to happen.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 04/11/17 at 02:25 PM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

With Holland expected to be aggressive on the trade market…

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! That is feckin hilarious!
Unless that little squirrel trades Ericsson, Helm, Abdelkader, DeKeyser, Glendening and Sheahan (you know, all his crap contracts) I’m gonna continue to throw darts at a picture of him in my office. It’s a great stress reliever, by the way.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/11/17 at 04:06 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Not that I think Holland deserves much slack cause it’s ultimately been his decisions, but most of the last few seasons moves have felt like marketing moves rather than hockey moves. Chris has really been the man in charge the past couple seasons and I think Kenny has done exactly what’s been asked.

Overpay home grown fan favorites like Helm and the good ol Michigan boys like Abby and Glendenning and DK to ensure they stick around for the sake of fan interest. Survive on the nostalgia of the final season at the Joe and ride the good vibes from the first couple seasons at New Olympia. After the shine of the new barn wears off and the fans stop showing up due to shitty product, then we’ll see what kind of owner he really is. I have yet to see any evidence of passion for the team from Chris. Right now it looks like as long as he can maintain the stranglehold on Detroit entertainment options and the franchise is in no danger of losing money it’s all good. Sure hope I’m wrong.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 04/11/17 at 11:41 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Chirs Illitch’s quote honestly sounds to me like he’s already decided he’ll probably extend Holland.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/11/17 at 02:14 PM ET

I think Blashill has won at basically every other level with good enough players.

He won a Clark Cup in USHL.  He won with a WMU hockey program that traditionally was not a power of any type.  He won a Calder Cup in the AHL with the Griffins.  He drives me nuts, but the guy has a track record of winning.

Holland (or whoever is GM) needs to get Blashill better players.  I don’t know who it is as a coach that could win with this current group.

Posted by Primis on 04/12/17 at 12:35 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Chief,

I share your distress with the teams direction the past few years, however.. I’m not sure Chris Illitch would express, publicly anyway, anything but his full support for Kenny. Unless he (Chris) had in place an immediate replacement, what else would he say?

I also tend to believe the theory that Kenny has taken direction from above on some of the signings of recent seasons.

I am disappointed in the team as much as most everyone else at KK. Not to defend Kenny, but I believe most (all?) of the moves at the trade deadline the past 3-4 years were made in part by ownership to keep the streak alive as the team transitions into the new building. I think under oath Kenny would admit his hand was forced to keep the team in the playoffs.

However, that’s just my take on things.

Posted by Down River Dan on 04/20/17 at 11:28 AM ET