Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Brian Lashoff A Hall Of Famer

You couldn't have been surprised.  Go back and watch the game.  The Poultry Priority was clearly DeKeyser.  They ran him, pressured him and finally knocked him out for the series.  It's sound.  And Brendan Smith can expect the same treatment. So can Kindl and Lashoff.  It's what smart people do to young men.  Well, we're talking about Bruce Boudreau here. It's obvious enough that even an idiot can figure it out.

Half of Detroit's defense wear bibs.  They drool and make toddler mistakes.

Meanwhile, Ken Holland's big offseason signing continues to sit.  Ian White continues to stew and seethe.  And you know he is.

And our Uncle Mike doesn't give a single shit about that.  Not one.

He's a free man, Babcock.  No one expects the Wings to do jack squat during this playoffs that will end around Chief's Initiation time (August).  As a result, he can do whatever the hell he wants. He can experiment. He can get young kids time in situations they'd never, ever, not ever experience anywhere else.

And it's genius.  He's a genius and we'd better all recognize it.  Nobody else would do this.  Absolutely nobody would sit White and Colawhogivesafuch in favor of...Brian Lashoff?  You literally have to laugh at the balls on Babcock.  Fantastic.

Dan Bylsma is losing his mind right now.  He hasn't slept since the, um, Islanders erased a 2 goal deficit, then beat the UNBEATABLE Pens on a typical Fleury goal.  A couple of them actually.  And Fleury could very well be broken, too. Watch his reactions.  Warming, like urine in a snowmobile suit.

Mike Babcock had cocoa last night, played some Boggle and is still asleep, enjoying the slumber of a stress-free man.

If the Wings advance, they face Chicago. No ifs, ands or shivers about it.  That's a tall order and Uncle Mike is well aware.  Step outside our 19-sided box and consider what he's thinking.  This series, and the next, is a postseason primer for the next five years.  Nyquist's game winner is collateral for that kid. In the right spot, in the perfect time, to receive a glorious pass from a guy who chose that moment to bring us what amounts to a five-million dollar toe drag.  Every minute every Wing sees in this playoff (with the exception of the Cup Holders who've seen every conceivable playoff situation) makes this team better by a whole lot in the coming years.

This defense, our "weakness", is going to be one of the league's best next year. Unbelievable when you consider who we just lost.  Unbelievable.  The offense will need to be discussed because good men are aging. But the pharmacists tell me that nifty teams build from the blue line out and Tick Tock has been building, right under my nose apparently.

James Fuching Howard had a horrendous third period.  Horrendous.  And it's worrisome because he hadn't been that shaky the entire regular season, all 11 games.  Yes, he was rescued.  But the pets never should have been in danger.  Oh, I know.  DeKeyser was hurt.  The defense absolutely collapsed.  Getzlaf's idiotic backhander fired them up.  But it still shouldn't have happened and that implosion falls on Howard.  It just does and that's why he got paid what he did, when he did. How he performs tonite is what we should expect the rest of his career. He either comes back very strong or he's shaky again, affected by Game 2.  It's going to tell us just what kind of playoff goalie we have, and will have in the future.

I've scheduled a Live Blog this evening, just FYI.  It's Saturday and you have no lives.  I'd recommend you start prepping very early.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 >       Next »

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/04/13 at 11:47 AM ET

You are a wise man, Houlihan.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/04/13 at 12:18 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Its real bad ass dude. Someone who talks shit and ignores his target so he can’t hear any of the backlash his comments deserve. Ostrich with his head in the sand.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 12:18 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I could be a NBC NHL analyst!!!!!!!!

Posted by pgoody on 05/04/13 at 11:50 AM ET

Dude if that were the case I would UNmute my TV during their broadcasts.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/04/13 at 12:19 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Thanks Bill we discussed how when u do shit like that. Which you’ve been doing for days. You’re the one that’s in the wrong. U call me an idiot. Pot calling the kettle black.  Gotta a ton of nerve calling anyone else names. Idc how long you’ve been here and ur “clout”

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 12:11 PM ET

He’s been here a long time. He has huge clout.  Immense.  Probably best to just let that one go.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/04/13 at 12:21 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

So it gives him the right to do to me what u warned me from doing to others?  10 times worse. How’s that work?  That’s BS

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 12:23 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Good morning, 19.

I have to add one thing to Rummy’s analysis. #63 is a stud. He won two D zone face offs on the PK in the second right in front of where I was sitting. Joakim is a keeper.

Anyone know why Sammy is in for Bert?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/04/13 at 12:23 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

I NOW Consider (Insert Name Here) A Hall Of Famer

That truly is the gift that just keeps on giving. It may be TPSH’s single greatest contribution to hockey blogging.

Well it’s unfortunate, but even when you IGNORE an idiot, if he’s quoted and pasted by someone else he shows up.  Luckily that is rarely happening, and I see for good reason.

Judging by all of the “You have chosen to ignore comments from this member” boxes I’m seeing in this post, Danny Boy is on another crusade today. And from what others have quoted, it looks like he out to prove he’s not only God’s gift to hockey but women as well.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/04/13 at 12:26 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 12:23 PM ET

Yes he does.  It’s not fair, I know.  But it is reality.  My reality. And I like it.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/04/13 at 12:26 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

You are damn right its not fair. Thanks for admitting it.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 12:27 PM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

You are damn right its not fair. Thanks for admitting it.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 12:27 PM ET

You’re welcome.  And don’t stew on the inequity. It will burn you up inside.  I know it hurts. Just let it go.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/04/13 at 12:32 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

I’ll jump out of my chair and even SPILL my beer if Salami gets Kronwalled tonight. Take off, nuke it from orbit….......its the only way to be sure.

GAME ON!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 05/04/13 at 12:32 PM ET

klank's avatar

REDbreast sips for all!  ima starting early now… think go watch a Ranga’s match.  so many teams in East I follow;  issues are on the horizon.

thanks Bill

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/04/13 at 12:33 PM ET

John W.'s avatar

That Ignore list thing is sweet.  The comments are now readable again without having to read that nonsense.  Every. Other. Comment.

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 05/04/13 at 12:42 PM ET

Horseshoes.  Handgrenades.  Hockey.

Posted by maltby18 on 05/04/13 at 12:53 PM ET

monkey's avatar

This is fantastic advice.  This is what I have wanted to say all along.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/04/13 at 01:01 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

GAME ON!

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 05/04/13 at 12:32 PM ET

He did not seem to be himself in game 2. I wonder if he’s hurt?  He did seem to be playing with his usual speed and power.

You have chosen to ignore comments from this member.

I love that.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/04/13 at 01:01 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

GAME ON!

Posted by NIVO

Man, I dont have anything against Selanne, personally.. I think he’s a tremedouns player, if a bit bitchy…  But HAS HE CARRIED that freaking team on his back, or what??

Take him out of the series, and this is OVER before the other Quacks manage to understand what hit them

Posted by Zqto on 05/04/13 at 01:03 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

This is fantastic advice.  This is what I have wanted to say all along.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/04/13 at 01:01 PM ET

You already did say it. That’s why I reeped praise on you yesterday.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 01:03 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Ha. Another Fleury Butt goal.

Because it’s the Playoffs.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/04/13 at 01:07 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

...

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 05/04/13 at 01:01 PM ET

I saw your comment expressing concern during the last game.
Can you hazard a guess if he’s really hurting (groin? knee? “upper body injury”?)
Or just trying to play ‘safe’, ‘responsible’ D, concentrating on staying back in our zone?

Any more insight would help my ulcer ... maybe ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 01:09 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Fleury has a God-given talent for shitting in game winning goals.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/04/13 at 01:12 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Anyone as happy as I am the Ducks are giving us Hiller again?  And surprised its not Fasth in there?  I fear we stomp Hiller again tonight then its Fasth the rest of the way. May throw us off.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 01:12 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

I have to say, I’ve never really been able to reconcile the image of A2Y’s Bill Houlihan and IwoCPO the Navy Master Chief. It just didn’t make sense that “Crazy Bill” could function as one of the elite in our military.

But if the advice you gave Danny Boy above is the kind of “gentle wisdom” you impart to your charges, well, then I get it completely. On the other hand, if you treat your charges like you treat Dive fans, then our country is in moral danger. smile

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/04/13 at 01:17 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

I just wanna talk about the Wings and this game tonight. That’s all. I promise. Hiller. Fasth. That’s all. Why can’t we talk about that?

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 01:22 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Well bitches, I’m really hoping for a nice long playoff run this year.  Hoping, not expecting.  This will probably be the last playoffs that I’ll be able to LB due to my schedule starting in a month or so.  Well at least the whole game anyway.  I’ve decided to join the west coast contingent of A2Y.  And WestWing, if you’re out there Oregon is getting another full blown Wingaholic.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 05/04/13 at 01:29 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by John W. from a bubble wrap cocoon on 05/04/13 at 12:42 PM ET

Indeed.

I’ve been a member of this blog since 1978 and have put exactly one n00b on the Ignore list.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/04/13 at 01:30 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Thanks Bill. Just so you know. You’re the 1st one I’m ignoring too. Hugs n kisses.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 01:32 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Thanks, Chief.  Spot on.

I smile when I think of the Red Wings’ future.  Yes, Uncle Mike IS a genius, even though we freak out and don’t see it at times.  I am very happy he chose Lashoff over White and Cola.  Awesome.

I sigh when I see the number of comments from “he whom I have ignored” already. As RWBill said, the only way we can be truly free is if others don’t quote him.

I’m a bundle of nerves already.  The Wings need to win tonight.  They just do.

See you all at game time in the LB.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/04/13 at 01:33 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Sucker punch from ms rw. I’m so numb to it at this point

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 01:37 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Personally if I ignore someone. I’d stop talking about them. Ms rw you are #2 ignored. You’re exactly to me what I am to you.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 01:39 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

i’ve been nothing but cordial trying to talk about hockey.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 01:47 PM ET

11B4PF7 in MN's avatar

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 01:39 PM ET

If you ignore everyone you will only be having a conversation with yourself.  I’m sure there would still be an excessive amounts of posts in that situation.

Posted by 11B4PF7 in MN on 05/04/13 at 01:51 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Stoney, he was staying back playing solid d. As opposed it kndl who made a couple poorly timed pinches. I can’t put my finger on it other than to say he usually plays with more power. I could be way off base too. I hope I am

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/04/13 at 01:52 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Souray healthy scratch in Game 3.

Posted by SK77 on 05/04/13 at 01:53 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

thats too bad he was one of our stars of the game

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 01:55 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 05/04/13 at 01:52 PM ET

thanks. we’ll know more after the parade, aye?

//fingerscrossed//

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 01:59 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let’s not bicker and argue over who ignored who.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/04/13 at 02:22 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/04/13 at 02:22 PM ET

I thought the B inLB stood for bickering?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/04/13 at 03:05 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

RWBill:

Me too.

cool smile

Posted by w2j2 on 05/04/13 at 03:30 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

Ian White is obviously on Babcock’s Sh*t list.
White should have zipped his lip when he was first scratched.

cool hmm