Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Brian Lashoff A Hall Of Famer

You couldn't have been surprised.  Go back and watch the game.  The Poultry Priority was clearly DeKeyser.  They ran him, pressured him and finally knocked him out for the series.  It's sound.  And Brendan Smith can expect the same treatment. So can Kindl and Lashoff.  It's what smart people do to young men.  Well, we're talking about Bruce Boudreau here. It's obvious enough that even an idiot can figure it out.

Half of Detroit's defense wear bibs.  They drool and make toddler mistakes.

Meanwhile, Ken Holland's big offseason signing continues to sit.  Ian White continues to stew and seethe.  And you know he is.

And our Uncle Mike doesn't give a single shit about that.  Not one.

He's a free man, Babcock.  No one expects the Wings to do jack squat during this playoffs that will end around Chief's Initiation time (August).  As a result, he can do whatever the hell he wants. He can experiment. He can get young kids time in situations they'd never, ever, not ever experience anywhere else.

And it's genius.  He's a genius and we'd better all recognize it.  Nobody else would do this.  Absolutely nobody would sit White and Colawhogivesafuch in favor of...Brian Lashoff?  You literally have to laugh at the balls on Babcock.  Fantastic.

Dan Bylsma is losing his mind right now.  He hasn't slept since the, um, Islanders erased a 2 goal deficit, then beat the UNBEATABLE Pens on a typical Fleury goal.  A couple of them actually.  And Fleury could very well be broken, too. Watch his reactions.  Warming, like urine in a snowmobile suit.

Mike Babcock had cocoa last night, played some Boggle and is still asleep, enjoying the slumber of a stress-free man.

If the Wings advance, they face Chicago. No ifs, ands or shivers about it.  That's a tall order and Uncle Mike is well aware.  Step outside our 19-sided box and consider what he's thinking.  This series, and the next, is a postseason primer for the next five years.  Nyquist's game winner is collateral for that kid. In the right spot, in the perfect time, to receive a glorious pass from a guy who chose that moment to bring us what amounts to a five-million dollar toe drag.  Every minute every Wing sees in this playoff (with the exception of the Cup Holders who've seen every conceivable playoff situation) makes this team better by a whole lot in the coming years.

This defense, our "weakness", is going to be one of the league's best next year. Unbelievable when you consider who we just lost.  Unbelievable.  The offense will need to be discussed because good men are aging. But the pharmacists tell me that nifty teams build from the blue line out and Tick Tock has been building, right under my nose apparently.

James Fuching Howard had a horrendous third period.  Horrendous.  And it's worrisome because he hadn't been that shaky the entire regular season, all 11 games.  Yes, he was rescued.  But the pets never should have been in danger.  Oh, I know.  DeKeyser was hurt.  The defense absolutely collapsed.  Getzlaf's idiotic backhander fired them up.  But it still shouldn't have happened and that implosion falls on Howard.  It just does and that's why he got paid what he did, when he did. How he performs tonite is what we should expect the rest of his career. He either comes back very strong or he's shaky again, affected by Game 2.  It's going to tell us just what kind of playoff goalie we have, and will have in the future.

I've scheduled a Live Blog this evening, just FYI.  It's Saturday and you have no lives.  I'd recommend you start prepping very early.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >       Next »

monkey's avatar

It’s on now.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/04/13 at 09:34 AM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

It’s on now.

Oh yes. Yes, it is.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/04/13 at 09:35 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Morning, MC and the rest of the gang here. Father called me up from my one day off a week of work, woke me from my slumber and simply said one thing.. Grilling today, with beer and the Wings on the 100 incher tonight.

Needless to say, slumber is for the epically weak. Time to to do the 5 s’. Shit, shower, shave, shine shoes. I may check in the for the live blog with you bitches, but if I don’t, I have a good reason, I’m manning the grill for what ever we are making. And I’ll be highly intoxicated.

9 Lashes is in tonight. May he use his 210 lb body and crush some ducks tonight.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/04/13 at 09:42 AM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

BZ

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/04/13 at 09:44 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

Hello friends. Sup monkey. Wasn’t worried for 1 second in game 2. And ditto for game 3.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 09:46 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Even….er…morning bitches!

Hazelnut coffee and Kalhua with an early morning Chief broadside to all that is polite and proper.

Hellz yes.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/04/13 at 09:49 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

BZ

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/04/13 at 10:44 AM ET

The BZ is all for you, man. Cause without this blog.. Hockey Playoffs would just be that.

You and everyone else here are just.. Flat out the shit. And I enjoy everyone single one of you bitches.. Well, Not that Dan M guy. But no one’s perfect.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/04/13 at 10:06 AM ET

TKShreve's avatar

Go Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by TKShreve from East Uptown on 05/04/13 at 10:06 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

Aw u really know how to make a guy feel special. I love you too. Save the hate for the Hawks fan. I’m on your side!

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 10:10 AM ET

klank's avatar

preach on!

LGRW!

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/04/13 at 10:16 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

I’d rather win #12 than have sex for 1 year. That should show you where I’m at. The GF wouldn’t be exactly thrilled but a year will go by in no time.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 10:19 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Maybe she would be thrilled.  Wouldn’t that be a surprise?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/04/13 at 10:36 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Pleviet Suka’s.

I’m excited for the magic show tonight.

Anyone else wondering where Kronwall is except for the penalty box?  Bad penalties, check.  Turnovers at the blueline, check.  Bad pinching, check.  Flacid, physically, check.

Where’s the beast that is 55?

I’m starting early today.  Old lady just left for her sisters commencement, hall pass til tomorrow.  I hope I remember this game tomorrow.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/04/13 at 10:38 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

She wouldn’t be though. Like at all. That’s why I said it. I am like sugar to her. Its a curse.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 10:38 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Flacid, physically, check.

There’s a pill for that.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/04/13 at 10:40 AM ET

AxeMaster9's avatar

I NOW consider this to be the best blog ever.  False.  It’s always been the best blog ever.  I figured today is a good day to bring this back.  Ignore the Columbus reference and it’s all good.  Hate Switch

Posted by AxeMaster9 on 05/04/13 at 10:41 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

Lmao. I thought we were friends. R u cranky?  Did someone eat your bananas. Why so mean to DAN M. Why

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 10:41 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Because I decided to be? Maybe? Yes. Maybe.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/04/13 at 10:43 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

I’m not even talking to you. Rorscach. You’re irrelevant. I was referring to monkey. Someone who’s not a total troll.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 10:45 AM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 11:38 AM ET

Get away aslong you have the chance, window’s closing…

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 05/04/13 at 10:45 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Because I’m a troll? Oh man. It’s remarks like that that won’t get you invited to Thanksgiving dinner.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/04/13 at 10:46 AM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

I hope I remember this game tomorrow.

I hope you want to remember it.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 05/04/13 at 10:47 AM ET

pgoody's avatar

The GF wouldn’t be exactly thrilled but a year will go by in no time.

Handled.

Posted by pgoody on 05/04/13 at 10:48 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

Thanks I learned it here. You’re not a troll. I recant that statement. I got nothing but love for ya.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 10:49 AM ET

pgoody's avatar

Know that whoever wins this game is 2 wins closer to winning this series and moving on… OMG! I could be a NBC NHL analyst!!!!!!!!

Posted by pgoody on 05/04/13 at 10:50 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

In the history of me being here on this site. I have never called anyone a troll or made a trollish remark.

I support the Wings. I love the Wings. They make me happy. They make me sad. They bring tears of joy. They bring anger and pain. I even decorated my body with the Red Wing Logo.

Yet I’m a troll. Got it. I’ll accept that. Thanks for making this a brighter day for me, Dan. I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/04/13 at 10:50 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Pgoody - That’s DEEP! I mean.. DEEP!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/04/13 at 10:51 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

thanks, Chief.

good stuff, well said.

I really like our team.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 10:52 AM ET

Zqto's avatar

Im stressed already
The all too important 3rd game on a 1-1 series always makes me go insane

Btw, this made me smile, because I’ve been telling you guys our D is better than everyone thinks, and reading the Chief putting it down on “paper” makes me proud of our team and our fans

We bitch, we cry, we curse, we sacrifice pets, but this is the best team in the world, and we are the best motherfu$@ing fans any team could hope to have!

LGRW!!!

Posted by Zqto on 05/04/13 at 10:52 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Well stated, Zgto

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/04/13 at 10:55 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

We’re honestly one in the same rorsach. I read that. Minus the decorating body part. And I said you’re not a troll. I only called you that cuz I was called that like a million times during game 1. It was a joke. Truce?

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 10:57 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

Its a strong word. I was angry too when I was called that. Simply for saying Ericsson is out of place being a top pairing guy. Obviously u didn’t like it either. Its not just me.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 11:00 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Samuelsson In, Bertuzzi Out?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/04/13 at 11:05 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Well, the only issue I have with that is that you just simply blabbed out I’m a troll without any reasoning. I commented one thing in your direction. Well, two, and boom, I’m a troll.

*#$%@&, Dick, Punk Bitch.. So many other good terms cause be used to describe me. But never a Troll. I don’t like selling myself short.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/04/13 at 11:05 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Well it’s unfortunate, but even when you IGNORE an idiot, if he’s quoted and pasted by someone else he shows up.  Luckily that is rarely happening, and I see for good reason.  Everyone join in the growing ranks of ignoring someone and we’ll be in great shape, stressed only by the infant Red Wings, which is enough for one person to endure.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/04/13 at 11:06 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

God I love you now rorchach cuz that’s exactly what happened to me. Those 1st 2 sentences. God that’s gold. I’d buy u a beer if I saw you.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 11:08 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Thanks, Bill. Good to see ya and the gang. smile

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/04/13 at 11:08 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

Thanks Bill we discussed how when u do shit like that. Which you’ve been doing for days. You’re the one that’s in the wrong. U call me an idiot. Pot calling the kettle black.  Gotta a ton of nerve calling anyone else names. Idc how long you’ve been here and ur “clout”

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 11:11 AM ET

DAN M's avatar

“Lucky its not happening and I see for good reason”

Its because we discussed that its stupid and wrong. U missed that lesson. That’s why its not happening. Thanks for starting shit all over again.

Posted by DAN M on 05/04/13 at 11:14 AM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Dan - I’m willing to bed that he can’t read your comments. I could be wrong with that information. I’m not God.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 05/04/13 at 11:17 AM ET