Abel to Yzerman

I NOW Consider Brad’s Wife The Greatest Internet Victim Of All Time

The Detroit Red Wings are playing their "rivals" tonite, the Tampa Bay Lightning.

I haven't given it more than a moment's thought, because I've been...

(a) mourning Michigan's loss, perhaps the worst basketball game I've ever seen

(b) aware that the Wings haven't beaten the Lightning yet this year because our father, Steve Yzerman, hasn't wanted it to happen and where the Wings are concerned, no matter whichever backward argument I'm making, Daddy gets his way unless his way means being the Wings GM. In that case, Ken Holland had his way and that's why the Wing Way essentially sucks.

(3) I've been much more concerned about Brad's Wife

Seriously. I've spent hours laughing at the Brad's wife saga.  You should, too. I know it's not the cool thing to do on Facebook.  I know that when on Facebook I should be linking to any and all internet sources that support whichever political view I happen to have at the moment. I know that by not blasting my political angst across the internet makes me an unconcerned pariah. I get it.

But, and I'm a Facebook guy...I do like it, I genuinely believe we all needed Brad's Wife to distract us from our friends who refuse to see any other opinion but their own.

Speaking of opinions, I have my own.  I do. But the only ones I'd like to share, publicly, are those regarding our Detroit Red Wings.

Our Wings have a scant 10 games left in this, our season of disgust. Many will be played against teams fighting for their playoff lives. We know about those lives. We've lived them for the last four years as Kenny Holland has created the circumstances that generated stressful Marches and never stressful Mays or Junes.

We are spoilers and if that sits well with you...well, I know it doesn't.

Ten games left before an offseason of bile. Do not think for one minute that the team you see tonight will be any better in October. I do not see how that could happen.  Oh, wait.  Yes it could. Our best goalie is sitting tonight, so there's that.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  LGRW, FKH ASAP and #justiceforbradswife for god's sake.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

stonehands-78's avatar

#justiceforbradswife

indeed.

... and L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/24/17 at 06:56 PM ET

Steve in San Francisco's avatar

God, I’m glad I quit facebook…

Posted by Steve in San Francisco on 03/24/17 at 07:12 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

What’s facebook? Bitches.  tongue rolleye

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/24/17 at 07:28 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Due to personal reasons, I will not be commenting anymore here with you all the 19+

Thanks for including me, I learned a lot.

I wish only the best to each and everyone of you.

And hope the Wings can finish out the season decently, they’ve also had a tough year in several ways.

I hope they can rise to good things in their new facility.

Adios, and thanks for the laughs!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's Chair on 03/24/17 at 07:32 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Adios, and thanks for the laughs!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead on 03/24/17 at 07:32 PM ET

Little Redhead, you should know you will be sorely missed. I’m very sorry to see you go.

All the best to you…..

Sincerely,
Kate

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/24/17 at 07:39 PM ET

L.G.R.W.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 07:39 PM ET

With Callahan out for Tampa who’s going to make leaping charges into the Wings’ defensemen?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 07:44 PM ET

That was a PP I guess…. confused

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 07:49 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Sorry to hear you have to go from here Lil Red. Hope nobody did anything to offend you. Best of everything to you and yours.

Let’s play the spoiler to the hilt for the rest of the season. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/24/17 at 07:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hi Red! Enjoyed meeting you and hope to do so again.  Hope you overcome whatever is facing you and you can find time for us reprobates again in the future.

Oh, and Evenin’ Bitches!

Posted by RWBill on 03/24/17 at 07:59 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

First time not making the playoffs since I left Germany at the end of my second tour there.  Wow, I’m completing my second career over that period of time.

Posted by RWBill on 03/24/17 at 08:01 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

No disrespect to miller and Kronwall,,....but Bertuzzi,Frk, and Hicketts and Svechnikov should all have been up here and playing the last few weeks. What better time to see if the boys can swim or not…

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/24/17 at 08:08 PM ET

This period got unboring real quick, thanks Larkin

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 08:11 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Jensen playing like a seasoned veteran not panicking with the puck on n his own zone. Keep er goin.

AA holding his own with the Mick loving it.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/24/17 at 08:11 PM ET

I’d be more upset about only 4 shots on goal in the first period, except I’m willing to bet they’ve had fewer in the first several times this year.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 08:19 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Looked all over myspace…couldn’t find this brad’s wife you speak of

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/24/17 at 08:31 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

It always amazes me to see the 4th liners get the majority of the scoring chances on this team.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/24/17 at 08:38 PM ET

Looked all over myspace…couldn’t find this brad’s wife you speak of

Did you try contacting Brad or his wife on AOL Messenger?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 08:38 PM ET

Funny how other teams never seem to get the instigating and 10 min misconduct when they go after Wings players who make hits they don’t like

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 08:44 PM ET

kilt it

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 08:47 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Did you try contacting Brad or his wife on AOL Messenger?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 08:38 PM ET

I sent him an ICQ friend request but haven’t gotten an answer yet.  Let me fire up my juno account and see if I have his adress there

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/24/17 at 08:52 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Thank goodness Sheahan is pulling the PP together.

Posted by RWBill on 03/24/17 at 08:54 PM ET

floater….1-0

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 08:54 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/24/17 at 08:54 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Z man. With a knuckler. LGRW

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/24/17 at 08:54 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Thank goodness Sheahan is pulling the PP together.

Posted by RWBill on 03/24/17 at 08:54 PM ET

I have to wonder what kind of incriminating shit he has on Blash to keep on the lineup

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/24/17 at 08:55 PM ET

Might have caught the guy’s jersey on the way by causing the puck to flutter even more

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 08:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Zetterberg with a shot from “the point”.

Posted by RWBill on 03/24/17 at 08:55 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Razor bailed out Larkin.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On The mend for next season Greenville Pylons on 03/24/17 at 09:03 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Zuclkepuck

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/24/17 at 09:03 PM ET

another stellar PP   rolleyes

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 09:09 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Hi Y’all !!!

Lets Go Red Wings…clap clap clap

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/24/17 at 09:13 PM ET

Old guys on the PP stayed out too long

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 09:15 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

HeyYoh Jeff, Surprising how many are speculating the same thing.

Posted by RWBill on 03/24/17 at 09:24 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Ask one of the resident mouth pieces on KK, Murray someone or other…. Sheahan is good at hockey, it’s KK members who don’t know anything. Same for Errorson, he’s really good but since you don’t coach kids, you don’t know sh*t.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/24/17 at 09:30 PM ET

Royal Grand Exalted PooBah's avatar

It’s all stale beer and hope - lol
fights in s the first period - lay down the law or something…...

Posted by Royal Grand Exalted PooBah from the basement of the Alamo on 03/24/17 at 09:34 PM ET

That did not look offsides

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 09:40 PM ET

Not sure passing there was the best idea Tatar

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/24/17 at 09:44 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

how is it that RW defense men with the most grit (at least tonight) are Russo and Jensen.

Posted by MoreShoot on 03/24/17 at 09:45 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I wonder if Mrazek need glasses ??

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/24/17 at 09:47 PM ET