Abel to Yzerman

Huron’s Rolling, Superior’s Singing and The Musty Old Hall Is Chock Full

I don't have much.  Detroit's made two huge offseason signings over the last two years.  Our GM, aggressive because he knows a title is within reach and always looking for ways to make his owner and his fan base happy, has refused to acknowledge parity as an option.  Refused.

Detroit's GM is a swashbuckler.  He gobbles opportunities. He's fearless. And he's being rewarded...

Hunter's hitting .415 and Fielder? .439.

Yes, that GM.

And Kyle Quincey sits.

Too morose? Blame Ken Holland.  I'll be watching the Tigers until game time.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  LGRW.  Just get in (how's that sound, Tick Tock? Is that the refrain you like to hear from Wing fans with the playoffs two weeks away?).

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 7 8 9 10 >       Next »

Lots of farm animals and/or cousins getting the angry sex tonight.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/14/13 at 09:01 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Sing us a song, you’re the Piano Man!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 09:01 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Big time win despite my constant negativity.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 04/14/13 at 09:01 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Abdelkader does a cat impression.  Poops in the box, buries it.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/14/13 at 09:01 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Darth Gater

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 04/14/13 at 09:01 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

Say, that’s handy.

Bye bye Dan M

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 04/14/13 at 09:02 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Jimmah wants to be Verlander

Shutout!

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/14/13 at 09:02 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Holy shit, they’ve been blanked 9 times?!?!?!?!

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/14/13 at 09:02 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Say, that’s handy.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 04/14/13 at 10:00 PM ET

And that is why it is critical to never ignore my comments.

Posted by dougie on 04/14/13 at 09:02 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

JIMMAH for the Shut the Faux OUT

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/14/13 at 09:02 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

another shut out for James

and 2 points for the Wings

good win

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/14/13 at 09:03 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Shut.  Out.  Jimmah.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/14/13 at 09:03 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

wait.  what do I do with myself for the last minute of the game when it’s already decided?

no pucker?!?!

no clench?!?!

no holding my breath ?!?!?

what is this evil?

This all feels familiar.  Like deja vu, or something that once happened long ago, maybe even many times.  In any case, I kinda like it.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/14/13 at 09:03 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Well done.  I know it, you know it, everyone in this thread knows it.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/14/13 at 09:03 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

And that is why it is critical to never ignore my comments.

Duly noted.

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 04/14/13 at 09:03 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Big time win despite my constant negativity.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 04/14/13 at 10:01 PM ET

You’re forgiven.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 09:03 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Nice Win!

Nice being with other Wing Fans! Ya All take care and catch up with you all Wed.

Go WINGS!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/14/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

WED night in CGY

Win or go home

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/14/13 at 09:04 PM ET

monkey's avatar

hi. my feed just died. anyone has one?

My condolences.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/14/13 at 09:04 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

18:41 EN - Justin Abdelkader (9) Wrist Shot - Assists: H. Zetterberg (29) & P. Datsyuk (28)

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 04/14/13 at 09:04 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Say, that’s handy.

That;s why Paul is the Emperor.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/14/13 at 09:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Well done.  I know it, you know it, everyone in this thread knows it.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/14/13 at 10:03 PM ET

Touché.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 09:06 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Jimmah wants to be Verlander

Any time #35 is out there, we gotta chance to win.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/14/13 at 09:06 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Jimmy Dong great steal for 50:00 .  My number 1 star, Zetterberg #2.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/14/13 at 09:06 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Shut out…think I’ll go to church.

Nah, hot tub for me, Nite all.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/14/13 at 09:06 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Nite all.

cool smile

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/14/13 at 09:08 PM ET

monkey's avatar

HUGE BONUS- by winning, we eliminated Colorado.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/14/13 at 09:09 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Much thanks to Monkey the backdoor pirate from a cosmic dust technotard.
Finally a victory formation empty netter. Screw the refs who once again tried to make a difference.

9 shutouts. Like I said no prediturd will have more points than teeth this season.

Have a great week 19.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/14/13 at 09:12 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

g’nite 19

see ya wednesday

Cal Gary on tap

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/14/13 at 09:15 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’ve never seen a group of Wings who appeared so content to lose. “We could be a little better here and there” as we slide into 9th place with the same issues we’ve had for the past 3 years.

I bet they already have their names in a few golf tourney’s.

As a group who’s never had to be desperate before or lost enough to appreciate winning, I think we’ll need a couple seasons like the late 80’s early 90’s to relearn how to put the skate to throat.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/14/13 at 05:39 PM ET

Talk about learning not to pay attention to posts.  Obviously you are not watching any games.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/14/13 at 09:18 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

San Jose are a facsimile of the Wings without Bowman. Chicago are a carbon copy of the Wings. With Bowman. What will the Wings,with Babcock be, when all is said and done?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 09:20 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Shouldn’t Franzen’s goal be unassisted?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/14/13 at 09:22 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Should be monkey. Who did they give an assist to?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/14/13 at 09:26 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

For the first time in decades I am checking the fuching standings. It’s a hard thing to do. Going to the NHL website I mean. Uh, bitches. Oh, snap. I’m calling you names. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 09:30 PM ET

I only got one thing to say:

Fuch you, Horse’s Ass.  Where the hell were you all g-ddamn season long???

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/15/13 at 12:30 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

With Bowman. What will the Wings,with Babcock be, when all is said and done?

Kate respectfully….WTF,  over? (That’s pilot talk for “WTF, over?”)

Uh, bitches. Oh, snap. I’m calling you names. wink

Hmmm…Mr Bitches might be in order…unless you blocked the troll…then…as you wish, my lady.

I caught the post game with JIMMAH!  good stuff.

Time to toss the whores and bar the doors…..just get us in to the go round ...bitches.

LGRW !!!!! (5 Bitches)

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 04/15/13 at 12:46 AM ET

Detroit’s GM is a swashbuckler.  He gobbles opportunities. He’s fearless. And he’s being rewarded…

Hunter’s hitting .415 and Fielder? .439.

Yes, that GM.

There isn’t a salary cap in MLB.  When there wasn’t a salary cap in the NHL, Holland spent quite a bit on aggressive FA moves.

I am beginning to suspect the Chief is trapped in some kind of bizarre Doctor Who vortex where Friends is the top show on TV, NBC is the nation’s #1 network, and that Tom Brady guy… he seems like he’s an ok NFL QB, but nothing special.

Either that or he drives a dope silver DMC-12.

Come back, Chief!  You all did Herm to Hockeytown, I know we can pull off ‘IwoCPO to 2013’.

Plutonium, a stretch of road, and we’re golden.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 04/15/13 at 12:57 AM ET

monkey's avatar

17:01 DET J. Franzen (9) Backhand - ASST: V. Filppula (8) AND D. Cleary (4)

Fil lost it in the corner to a Nashville player who passed it to Franzen.  I think they must have decided the Nashville player never controlled the puck.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/15/13 at 06:38 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

ONLY TEAMS 5 - 11 SHOWN.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/15/13 at 10:53 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar