Abel to Yzerman

Huron’s Rolling, Superior’s Singing and The Musty Old Hall Is Chock Full

I don't have much.  Detroit's made two huge offseason signings over the last two years.  Our GM, aggressive because he knows a title is within reach and always looking for ways to make his owner and his fan base happy, has refused to acknowledge parity as an option.  Refused.

Detroit's GM is a swashbuckler.  He gobbles opportunities. He's fearless. And he's being rewarded...

Hunter's hitting .415 and Fielder? .439.

Yes, that GM.

And Kyle Quincey sits.

Too morose? Blame Ken Holland.  I'll be watching the Tigers until game time.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  LGRW.  Just get in (how's that sound, Tick Tock? Is that the refrain you like to hear from Wing fans with the playoffs two weeks away?).

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Zqto's avatar

I might start drinking, after this season

Posted by Zqto on 04/14/13 at 06:27 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I might keep drinking, after this season

Posted by

Zqto

on 04/14/13 at 06:27 PM ET

fixed

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/14/13 at 06:40 PM ET

Zqto's avatar

LOL

Well,Im not there, yet, but you guys have one for me, tonight..  I know it will be needed!

Posted by Zqto on 04/14/13 at 06:42 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

well ...

it ain’t over ‘til it’s over.

i’m still in.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/14/13 at 06:50 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s a Live Blog, bitches.  LGRW.  Just get in (how’s that sound, Tick Tock? Is that the refrain you like to hear from Wing fans with the playoffs two weeks away?).

Evenin’ Bitches.

Yea Master Chief, you have hit the nail right on the head. It’s an awful sound that I’m not used to hearing. At least not for a couple of decades.

Just get in.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 06:54 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

10-1 Tigers in the 7th

I like our team.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/14/13 at 06:56 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

My bad…the 8th.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 04/14/13 at 06:57 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Hunter’s hitting .415 and Fielder? .439.

Yes, that GM.

It is absolutely amazing what can be done with a roster, when there is no salary cap,eh?
I remember those days, and those Cups. And yes, Holland has left some $$ unspent lately, I know.

I don’t really want to defend the organization, or the recent results, but that is like comparing axes to .50 caliber machine guns

Posted by dougie on 04/14/13 at 07:08 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Kenny is saving that cap money to please the stockholders. They keep selling out so what incentive is there to spend it? Corporate line. (sarcasm) .

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/14/13 at 07:14 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 04/14/13 at 07:15 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Yeah, just get in.  I guess.

Tigers need some reliable relief pitching, just like the Wings need some reliable, well, everything.

So much for watching my first NWSL game.  The live feed - that I paid for - keeps going “offline.”  raspberry

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/14/13 at 07:18 PM ET

gt500x's avatar

Ohhh yeaah!  This is the biggest game since the last one.  Let’s see if the Wings can bring it tonight.

Posted by gt500x on 04/14/13 at 07:25 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

We better f*‘in win this m f’er !!!!!!!!

Posted by DAN M on 04/14/13 at 07:30 PM ET

Yay…..Strader

Booooo…....Engblom

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/14/13 at 07:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

My bad…the 8th.

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 04/14/13 at 06:57 PM ET

Jeff, did you see the little tyke that threw the ball back on the field?  The next shot was the poor little one and his brother crying. Hope he got it back.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 07:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Pre game Dangelicious highlights.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 07:32 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I take it as a good sign that they are 3 minutes into the broadcast , and haven’t mentioned Crosby yet.

Posted by dougie on 04/14/13 at 07:33 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Kate. The stadium staff came up and gave them both baseballs. Classy move.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/14/13 at 07:34 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

See you all after the first.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/14/13 at 07:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Just win and get in.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 07:36 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Well… here goes.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/14/13 at 07:37 PM ET

Riviera's avatar

If they can’t win this one, they don’t deserve to make the playoffs. I’m really starting to think about that lottery pick. I know, I know, I should shut my whore mouth.

Posted by Riviera from Phoenix on 04/14/13 at 07:38 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Kate. The stadium staff came up and gave them both baseballs. Classy move.

Thanks for the info. Me likey.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 07:38 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Such insight. Wow

Posted by DAN M on 04/14/13 at 07:39 PM ET

ChowYunCat's avatar

Another game blacked out on Gamecenter?! The NHL’s a joke compared to the MLB and NFL. #@!$@#$

Posted by ChowYunCat on 04/14/13 at 07:39 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

hi DAN M ...

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 04/14/13 at 07:39 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

I hate baseball. Go Wings! Lions; I’ll be seeing you fellas soon enough smile

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 04/14/13 at 07:40 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Hi I’m trying to be good. Go wings!!!!!

Posted by DAN M on 04/14/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Jimmah!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 07:42 PM ET

What a surprise that a Fil/Franzen/Cleary line would look like crap right off the bat.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/14/13 at 07:42 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Was that fill that gave the Puck away to Nashville for the rush already?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/14/13 at 07:43 PM ET

Yeah, keep talking about Nashville with all their injuries and rookies.  Wings have been healthy all year and have all vets playing.  oh oh

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 04/14/13 at 07:44 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Too morose? Blame Ken Holland.  I’ll be watching the Tigers until game time.

I just finished watching the Tigers game myself.  Already got my tickets to see them up in Seattle this week.  But right now, it’s hockey time.

Go Tigers!
Go Red Wings!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 04/14/13 at 07:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I miss helm

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/14/13 at 07:47 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Pekka rinne is colder than a hookers heart

Posted by DAN M on 04/14/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I really miss Murph and his magic flask.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/14/13 at 07:47 PM ET

Riviera's avatar

There goes the neighborhood.

Posted by Riviera from Phoenix on 04/14/13 at 07:48 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Afternoon all!

Up against the wall you Predneck muthas….

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/14/13 at 07:50 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

There’s zero excuses to not run these guys out of the barn. I’m sick of this. Its the milwaukee admirals

Posted by DAN M on 04/14/13 at 07:53 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Tootoo….pissin off the locals…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 04/14/13 at 07:53 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »