Abel to Yzerman

How To Win A Game

Paul here for IwoCPO.

How this sound, instead of playing down 0-2, how about the Wings get a lead for a change?

Power play you say, I’d be happy with one pp goal and no shorties tonight.

Initiate some hitting, don’t wait to be hit.  Wings may be surprised to get a few turnovers from those hits.

Stop the cross-ice passes in the offensive zone, sure they look goo when they work, but far too often, the opposing team is prepared for that pass.

When bringing the puck into the offensive zone, how about trying to continue to skate instead of stopping at the half boards, a few strides in the zone.

Remember Detroit fans are watching at home, don’t make us go to bed at 11:30pm tonight, we want to stay up and watch a complete game.

When all else fails, depend on a parrot.

It’s a Live Blog bit****.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›      Next »

WestWing's avatar

Late to the party.  Damn commute.  Scoreless tie so far.  Feels like a moral victory.  I prefer immoral victories but you take what you can get.

Happy birthday Deuce.  Beer.  Good.  Yumm.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/14/12 at 11:37 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Posted by 42jeff f

thanks jeff, for the life of me, that feed would not come up for me, but now it do.

must be your magic finger eh?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/14/12 at 11:38 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

must be your magic finger eh?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/14/12 at 10:38 PM ET

That’s what Mrs. 42jeff says too.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/14/12 at 11:38 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Monotonous, Bezukov.  We’re at that point in deployment where you can kinda see the end on the horizon but you know it’s still a ways off and that makes you want to punch somebody in the face but you don’t because you’d get in trouble so you get into email arguments with your wife instead. It’s pretty fun.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/14/12 at 10:20 PM ET

Been over to the sandbox several times and it’s the same way on AF deployments.  Especially when your airlift home gets delayed.  And delayed again.  And delayed again.  And then gets there and you see that it’s a C-5 and you KNOW it’s going to break…and then it does.  And then a week later you get to get half way home and marooned in Moron, Spain for a week which isn’t ALL bad but DAMMIT please can I just get home?

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/14/12 at 10:31 PM ET

Ended up marooned in the Detroit airport after being up for about 36 hours on my way home after a 6 month deployment.  Worst part was I couldn’t nap or anything because we had no idea when the flight was leaving because there were technical problems and we were leaving as soon as everything was fixed.  Very hard pill to swallow after so many months away.  Was kinda cool when we got there because the older woman that I was talking to must have told the other poeple on the flight that I hadn’t seen my wife in 6 months because the seas kinda parted when I got off the plane and she was there.  After all, ya don’t get between a sailor and his girl.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/14/12 at 11:38 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Am I the only one who didn’t see what the hell the center ice ref called?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/14/12 at 11:41 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

After watching the replay I had no idea who was going to be called.  Yay NHL.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/14/12 at 11:42 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

ruh roh . PP

Posted by Rdwings28 on 03/14/12 at 11:42 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Am I the only one who didn’t see what the hell the center ice ref called?

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 03/14/12 at 10:41 PM ET

Same page brother.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/14/12 at 11:42 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 03/14/12 at 10:41 PM ET

I was just going to say I have no idea what the call was.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/14/12 at 11:42 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/14/12 at 10:20 PM ET

Last time I got into an e-mail argument with my wife, she informed me that was was really well hung.  Well she said I was being a huge dick.  That’s kinda the same thing, right?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/14/12 at 11:43 PM ET

Bent's avatar

What was up with the clock?

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/14/12 at 11:43 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Hi YA ALL! Thanks Paul, and DITTO!
Yeah Berts Back, Lets ROLL!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/14/12 at 11:43 PM ET

calquake's avatar

At least we aren’t down 2-0.

Posted by calquake on 03/14/12 at 11:43 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

The Red Wing power play.  Absolutely breathtaking.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/14/12 at 11:45 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

intermission humor

Q:what did the dalai lama say at the pizza shop?
A: Can you make me ONE with EVERYTHING…..

Posted by Rdwings28 on 03/14/12 at 11:45 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/14/12 at 10:38 PM ET

Had two awesome maroonings once…we were TDY to Austrailia one time and the day were sending our F-111s home saw one of them shell out an engine into it’s adjacent engine. Of course our equipment and spare parts were already heading back…by ship…and they were NOT turning that thing around.  So we had to wait for two more engines to come from Sacramento…by ship.  So 50 days later at $110 a day made for alot of alcohol consumed.  All that waiting around for 12 hours of work and we were off to the airport.

The second was on the way to the UAE…stopped in Budapest for gas and the jet broke.  Badly.  So three days spent in Budapest was pretty much the same…lots of beer I couldn’t pronounce and I may or may not have violated a treaty or two…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/14/12 at 11:45 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

A whole lot of red and a lot of whiny bitches in black.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/14/12 at 11:47 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Time for the intermission redheads?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/14/12 at 11:50 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Brian Hayward.  Dude was funny as fuch on “Kids in the Hall”.  Damn I love Canadian sketch comedy.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/14/12 at 11:50 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Rdwings28 on 03/14/12 at 10:45 PM ET

The boss told his blonde secretary to create a password with seven characters and a capital.  She responded, “How about the seven dwarfs and Sacramento”?

Posted by calquake on 03/14/12 at 11:50 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/14/12 at 10:45 PM ET

So you’re saying the movie Stripes was loosely based on a true story?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/14/12 at 11:51 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

So you’re saying the movie Stripes was loosely based on a true story?

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 03/14/12 at 10:51 PM ET

Perhaps…with an accident involving a time machine and a crock pot.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/14/12 at 11:52 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Ok one for old times sake

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/14/12 at 11:53 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by calquake on 03/14/12 at 10:50 PM ET

Rene Descartes walks into a bar.

The bartender asks: “Do you want a beer?”

Descartes replies: ” I think not,” and PRESTO… he disappears.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/14/12 at 11:56 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 03/14/12 at 10:56 PM ET

Very good…. but I like dick jokes better.

Posted by calquake on 03/14/12 at 11:57 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Seeing Nick in the booth sends a shudder down my spine.

Please dear god no.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/14/12 at 11:59 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Yay, no shorties!

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/15/12 at 12:00 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’ve Seen the Power Plays and the Damage Done.

Got through this one unscathed.  Thank goodness.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/15/12 at 12:01 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

Wings successfully killed off the power.  Exhale.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/15/12 at 12:01 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

whooooo ah Joey

Posted by Rdwings28 on 03/15/12 at 12:01 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

What a stop JMac!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/15/12 at 12:01 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 03/14/12 at 10:56 PM ET
Very good…. but I like dick jokes better.
Posted by calquake on 03/14/12 at 10:57 PM ET

This guy was walking down the street and he bumped into a really hot girl. “Hello, sexy!” He said while stopping in front of her “What’s your name?” She didn’t answer. “Well, my name is Barry” “Okay” she said “Barry what?” “I can’t really pronounce it, so I’ll write it down” So he wrote it down. She read allowed, “Madickenewe. Barry Madickinewe.” She slapped him and stormed off.

Good evening 19. Happy Birthday Deuce

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/15/12 at 12:02 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

never having served in the armed forces, have known many who have, and ran into from time to time with others.

there was this one time, back when my job required me to ride the gray hound bus cross country, picking up cars for used car dealers. they would bus trip me oot to the far corners of the continental 48. then i would drive home the auction car home.

met this one fella stationed in Hawaii, he had bought this $50 dollar pass/ride that enabled him to ride the bus anywhere in the u.s. for 30 days. he had gotten on the bus on a Sunday afternoon out of L.A. by the time I saw him it was early Thursday morning. at the time the only g.h.b. leaving the queen city, (alternate name for Marquette, have no idea why) was the 11:30pm red eye. gets you to the windy city in aboot 10 hours.

the navy guy was trying to get to Cincinnati, where his dad would pick him up. he looked like he was on the bus trip from hell. eyes all blood shot, pasty look, (although i believe the pasty look was because he was a submariner.)

we had 35 minutes to kill before the next bus would come, taking him to Cinci, and me to HotLanta. the bus station had this dive bar in it, and said; I would buy him all the drinks he wanted to help him through the next 18 hours, (the time it would take for the bus to get him home).

turned oot he was a red wings fan, so we had stuff to talk aboot. he drank up 68 dollars in drink afor our bus left.  spring of 1989. he would be my nominee for worse trip home to see his family. he would have three days with them before he had to catch the early Monday morning bus to start the trip back to L.A., then catch a ship back to base.

dedication. i think God every day for the U.S military, no mater the branch.

wish the red wings would score a goal already eh?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/15/12 at 12:03 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/14/12 at 11:02 PM ET

There ya go.

Posted by calquake on 03/15/12 at 12:03 AM ET

calquake's avatar

I’ve Seen the Power Plays and the Damage Done.

All hail Neil.

Posted by calquake on 03/15/12 at 12:05 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

There ya go.
Posted by calquake on 03/14/12 at 11:03 PM ET

‎5 reasons not to be a penis… 1. Youre bald your whole life. 2. You have a hole in your head. 3. Your neighbors are nuts. 4. The guy behind you is an ass hole and 5. Every time you get excited, you throw up and then faint.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/15/12 at 12:06 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/14/12 at 11:06 PM ET

Sounds like our electoral system.

Posted by calquake on 03/15/12 at 12:07 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

I’ve Seen the Power Plays and the Damage Done.

All hail Neil.

Perfect

Posted by Rdwings28 on 03/15/12 at 12:07 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Why does a penis have a hole in the end? So men can be open minded.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/15/12 at 12:07 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by calquake on 03/14/12 at 11:03 PM ET

How about a Dicken’s Cider?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/15/12 at 12:07 AM ET