Abel to Yzerman

How To Win A Game

Paul here for IwoCPO.

How this sound, instead of playing down 0-2, how about the Wings get a lead for a change?

Power play you say, I’d be happy with one pp goal and no shorties tonight.

Initiate some hitting, don’t wait to be hit.  Wings may be surprised to get a few turnovers from those hits.

Stop the cross-ice passes in the offensive zone, sure they look goo when they work, but far too often, the opposing team is prepared for that pass.

When bringing the puck into the offensive zone, how about trying to continue to skate instead of stopping at the half boards, a few strides in the zone.

Remember Detroit fans are watching at home, don’t make us go to bed at 11:30pm tonight, we want to stay up and watch a complete game.

When all else fails, depend on a parrot.

It’s a Live Blog bit****.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

42jeff's avatar

we want to stay up and watch a complete game.

Right…we want to watch the complete game this time instead of the Red Wings players watching it

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/14/12 at 11:45 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

It’s a Live Blog bit****.

Evenin’ Bitches. How’s the knee Master Chief?

Starting on time. It’s like a Guns ’n’ Roses concert. When they do show up it is pure awesome!

Let’s Roll.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/14/12 at 11:47 PM ET

yzer19man's avatar

hahaha Paul, loved the Parrot. thanks for posting that. It made my day. LETS GO WINGS

Posted by yzer19man from Chicago, IL on 03/14/12 at 11:51 PM ET

calquake's avatar

When all else fails, depend on a parrot.

Paul you wascally wabbit.

Posted by calquake on 03/14/12 at 11:52 PM ET

Trish's avatar

This is really irritating.  How did we used to put a stop to the bad mojo?

LGRW  All aboard bitches

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 03/14/12 at 11:57 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Whatup fuchers?  Starting to become confused as to why I stay awake for this shit.  But damnit, tonight is my birthday.  And the Wings are going to win one for me tonight.  I’ve only missed one game all year.  Hell I think that was the first game I missed in like 3 years.  They owe me a complete effort and dominating win.  Ahhhh, who am I kidding.  No shorties and a 1 goal win and we’re good.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/15/12 at 12:00 AM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Bert’s back.  Sweet.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/15/12 at 12:02 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Thank you Paul. That is one smart bird.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/15/12 at 12:02 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Ahhhh, who am I kidding.  No shorties and a 1 goal win and we’re good.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/14/12 at 10:00 PM ET

From your lips to dog’s ears… oh and happy friggin’ birthday.  cheese

Posted by calquake on 03/15/12 at 12:03 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

I want need a win tonight.  Seriously, I’ve been depressed all goddam week.

Now if I could just get my dog trained….

Its Stroh’s for me tonight.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/15/12 at 12:03 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 03/14/12 at 10:03 PM ET

Ah the classics.  Never gets old.

Posted by calquake on 03/15/12 at 12:05 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Happy Birthday! ITDeuce! A WIN is in order just for you.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/15/12 at 12:05 AM ET

Bent's avatar

I hope it goes better than last night.  I don’t think I can handle two nights in a row.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/15/12 at 12:06 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Pre game joke:  Why don’t Italians like Jehovah’s Witnesses?...  Because Italians don’t like any witnesses.

Posted by calquake on 03/15/12 at 12:07 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Firstrow links still showing Ott v Mont

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/15/12 at 12:08 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/14/12 at 10:00 PM ET

Happy birthday good sir.  I’d you buy one but since you can’t our beer over the internet (still don’t know how Voox does that), I guess I’ll have to have one in your honor.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/15/12 at 12:08 AM ET

calquake's avatar

“I guess I’ll have to have one many in your honor”.

Fixt.

Posted by calquake on 03/15/12 at 12:11 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

ducks feed

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/15/12 at 12:13 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Early pressure is nice.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/15/12 at 12:13 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Hey!  Cool off angle shot by Zetterberg.  Those have a proven .0005% success rate.  I hate it when he does that.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/15/12 at 12:13 AM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

aloha bitches. Paul, thanks for filling in…as usual. time zones are kicking my ass.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/15/12 at 12:14 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

ucks feed

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/14/12 at 10:13 PM ET

Mine’s showing Ott v Mon shootout

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/15/12 at 12:14 AM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Thanks for the wishes, bitches.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/15/12 at 12:14 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

“I guess I’ll have to have one many in your honor”.

Fixt.

Posted by calquake on 03/14/12 at 10:11 PM ET

You beautiful, truth telling SOB.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/15/12 at 12:15 AM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Homer sacked.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/15/12 at 12:16 AM ET

Bent's avatar

That’s not a penalty tonight I guess.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/15/12 at 12:17 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/14/12 at 10:14 PM ET

Hey Chief.  How’s life aboard the flattop?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/15/12 at 12:18 AM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Just saw Krupa’s article in the News about TPH.  no improvement with the “bone bruise”. We are so fuched.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/15/12 at 12:18 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Homer sacked.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/14/12 at 10:16 PM ET

No call, as usual.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/15/12 at 12:18 AM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Hey Chief.  How’s life aboard the flattop?

Monotonous, Bezukov.  We’re at that point in deployment where you can kinda see the end on the horizon but you know it’s still a ways off and that makes you want to punch somebody in the face but you don’t because you’d get in trouble so you get into email arguments with your wife instead. It’s pretty fun.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/15/12 at 12:20 AM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Cute passing.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/15/12 at 12:22 AM ET

The first penalty called on either team is likely to look pretty ridiculous given what’s been let go so far.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/15/12 at 12:23 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Wings feede

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/15/12 at 12:23 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

duck feed, but sharp picture.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/15/12 at 12:26 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/14/12 at 10:20 PM ET

Sounds lovely.  I can imagine the final weeks of deployment seeming to go on an on.  I’ll raise one to you guys putting in to port soon!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/15/12 at 12:27 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

JeEEEEZus these chances are too close.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/15/12 at 12:30 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 03/14/12 at 10:20 PM ET

Been over to the sandbox several times and it’s the same way on AF deployments.  Especially when your airlift home gets delayed.  And delayed again.  And delayed again.  And then gets there and you see that it’s a C-5 and you KNOW it’s going to break…and then it does.  And then a week later you get to get half way home and marooned in Moron, Spain for a week which isn’t ALL bad but DAMMIT please can I just get home?

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/15/12 at 12:31 AM ET

Bent's avatar

I love the pressure, but come on, something has to go right here soon.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/15/12 at 12:33 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hey Mr. Illitch?  That fella out there playing for you #43?  Yeah…sign his ass for life please.

Thanks,

The 19

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/15/12 at 12:34 AM ET

bezukov's avatar