Abel to Yzerman

How About BOTH Points Tonight

To be fair, perhaps that's asking too much...

... but what's "fair?" The Injury Plague is still hovering around "bubonic" levels, and that doesn't seem fair. It's not fair that the Wings "stole" two points off the safety netting, which nobody seems to want to let us forget. If all's fair in love and war - and make no mistake, this is war - well, I expect some blood and guts tonight, "Saving Private Ryan" style. It's time to collect some Ws and start pulling away from the Peleton of Suck.

The Youth Infusion + Cleary is in full swing tonight, so let's see if The Kids can make the Brain Trust's coming weeks a bit tougher.

It's a Live Blog, Bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >       Next »

Nate A's avatar

If Sheahan learns the angles, he could be a real good screener. He’s already quick enough from a stop to chase down the missed shots and big/strong enough to dig em off the wall.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/28/14 at 08:30 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Aww come on lot of hockey to be played.  These kids can score just need the leaders to give them a little confidence they can win without pav and hank

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 01/28/14 at 08:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Show some fuching effort! We’re watching at home you Fuchs!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/28/14 at 08:32 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 01/28/14 at 08:31 PM ET

Hard to not be frustrated.

I still would have started Howard.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/28/14 at 08:33 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Abbey needs to figure out what that long, angled thing in his hand is for.

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/28/14 at 08:35 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Unless maybe it teaches them new words. But at least you can put them in context.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/28/14 at 08:11 PM ET

Haha.  This is one consideration.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/28/14 at 08:36 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Monster looks, not good.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/28/14 at 08:36 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

How do the 19 feel if Babcock is the first coach not to get to the playoffs in 23 years?

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/28/14 at 08:37 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/28/14 at 08:37 PM ET

One of the best coaching jobs a Wings coach has done in those 23 years.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/28/14 at 08:39 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

My context rule is ‘daddy can say those words but you can’t (yet)’. it sometimes works.

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/28/14 at 08:40 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Flyers game plan working well. Grind away in the o zone and force the kids to hurry their passes and breakouts leading to mistakes.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 01/28/14 at 08:42 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by MoreShoot on 01/28/14 at 08:40 PM ET

Well considering that the youngest yelled *#$%@& as loud as he could on Thanksgiving Day, we’re off to a good start.  Fortunately, my mom and her churchy sisters weren’t paying attention.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/28/14 at 08:45 PM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/28/14 at 08:37 PM ET

He’s had no goaltending all year and has been running out an AHL roster vs NHL talent.  I think he’s done a great job with what he’s got.

Posted by Bill from GR on 01/28/14 at 08:45 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

One of the best coaching jobs a Wings coach has done in those 23 years

Really?  Please forgive my ignorance, but could you explain for me?

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/28/14 at 08:48 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Monster looks, not good.

I think Gus has kept it closer than it could’av been

... this one isn’t on him.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/28/14 at 08:49 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by Bill from GR on 01/28/14 at 08:45 PM ET

With the exception of Mr Howard in past years… are we talking about this season or the last two or three?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/28/14 at 08:50 PM ET

behind the net in G.R.'s avatar

So do you blame Holland?

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/28/14 at 08:50 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Really?  Please forgive my ignorance, but could you explain for me?

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/28/14 at 08:48 PM ET

this:

been running out an AHL roster vs NHL talent.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/28/14 at 08:51 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Really?  Please forgive my ignorance, but could you explain for me?

Posted by behind the net in G.R. on 01/28/14 at 08:48 PM ET

Considering that Babcock has had a busted ass line up every single year since ‘09 and he still steers the ship into playoff contention, I’d say the dude has done a bang up job.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/28/14 at 08:52 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

“injuries and officiating”

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/28/14 at 08:52 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Considering the team he’s had to work with, I wont be upset about it, or surprised.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/28/14 at 08:53 PM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

are we talking about this season or the last two or three?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/28/14 at 08:50 PM ET

I watched him in GR and never had any confidence in which Howard would show up.  Great one night not, not the next.  Great one period, not the next.  Great one PK, not the next.

He’s capable of playing well, but I never considered him to be a goalie who you can ride to a Cup.  JMO.

Posted by Bill from GR on 01/28/14 at 08:54 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Injuries and officiating. RIP Hockeytown Todd.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 01/28/14 at 08:55 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Flyers game plan working well.

You mean those goal-posts and crossbars were planned?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/28/14 at 08:55 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/28/14 at 08:52 PM ET

This.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/28/14 at 08:55 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by Bill from GR on 01/28/14 at 08:54 PM ET

Not arguing with you there.  Just giving Howard credit.  He may be inconsistent as hell, but he’s had some damn good runs too.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/28/14 at 08:56 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Monster looks, not good.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/28/14 at 08:36 PM ET

I would say Detroit Red Wings Looks, not Good

But I hope for a OT tonight !!!  Lets Go Red Wings

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/28/14 at 08:58 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I swear! Whore, FUCH!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/28/14 at 08:58 PM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

He may be inconsistent as hell, but he’s had some damn good runs too.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/28/14 at 08:56 PM ET

Agreed.

Posted by Bill from GR on 01/28/14 at 08:59 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

the next 3 goals are huge

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/28/14 at 08:59 PM ET

What could possibly be accomplished by trying a long pass to Cleary?  He going to beat someone 1 on 1 and get a good scoring chance? Please

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/28/14 at 09:01 PM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

Geez, special teams.

Posted by Bill from GR on 01/28/14 at 09:01 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

What could possibly be accomplished by trying a long pass to Cleary?

A career ending injury?  I keeeed, I keeeed.  Kinda.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/28/14 at 09:03 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

What could possibly be accomplished by trying a long pass to Cleary?

A career ending injury?  I keeeed, I keeeed.  Kinda.

and who among us didn’t chuckle at this?  comedy gold I tell ya!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/28/14 at 09:05 PM ET

No one seems to want to go to the front of the net anymore tonight.  Slim chance to come back leaves all together if they’re going to play that way.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/28/14 at 09:07 PM ET

Alan's avatar

and who among us didn’t chuckle at this?  comedy gold I tell ya!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/28/14 at 09:05 PM ET

I intend on laughing long and hard as soon as I’m off the phone. I seriously had to hold back laughter

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/28/14 at 09:07 PM ET

Alan's avatar

aNOTHER pOWER pRAY

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/28/14 at 09:10 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

and who among us didn’t chuckle at this?  comedy gold I tell ya!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/28/14 at 09:05 PM ET

I’ll be here all week.  Thanks for choosing the Airport Hilton!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 01/28/14 at 09:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I would say Detroit Red Wings Looks, not Good

But I hope for a OT tonight !!!  Lets Go Red Wings

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/28/14 at 08:58 PM ET

True. Not their best showing. Maybe I am being a little too hard on Monster.

The next three goals are huge. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/28/14 at 09:11 PM ET

Bill from GR's avatar

Do you think they work on the PP during practice or do they just work on their fighting.

Posted by Bill from GR on 01/28/14 at 09:12 PM ET