Abel to Yzerman

Home Is Where The Laughter Is: C’mon In Shane

First, Terry Foster is sad because the Pistons are drawing Dive-like numbers at the Palace.  Me? I couldn’t be happier that (a) Foster isn’t writing about the Wings because he’s garbage and (2) that Detroit sports fans are ignoring that sport and that team. It’s a win-win-win.

Secondly, Shane Doan visits the Joe tonite and watching him get beaten is just plain fun for the while fam damily.

As Okie pointed out this morning, Hockeytown’s Favorite Carrier is back where baby Jesus needs us most and that’s just nifty.  It’s almost 8:30pm as I post this and I think that means a 0430 start time for me. I may oversleep it again and that’s just fine because missing the last game may have been the greatest thing in the history of my life (Rocky II).

It’s a Live Blog bitches. Enjoy it.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

Anti-sphincter minute

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/12/12 at 11:10 PM ET

jimathor's avatar

Damn. That was a beaut of a slapper.

Posted by jimathor from The land of Sir Humblepatch of Bumblehound on 01/12/12 at 11:11 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Doanbag keeps getting more bulky every time I see him. He is starting to look like Barry Bonds.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/12/12 at 11:11 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Wally!!

I definitely agree we get a hometown boost, It sorta looks to me like the defense is stepping up and covering their pinch’s a little differently, not just better but different. Once again I may be insane.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 01/12/12 at 11:11 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear he takes it in the butt.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/12/12 at 11:13 PM ET

calquake's avatar

His ‘nads are the size of raisins… or so I’ve heard.

Posted by calquake on 01/12/12 at 11:13 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I am so glad Filpooooola is being the player we always knew he could be. Just adds more depth to our depthy lineup.

Yes, I made that word up.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 01/12/12 at 11:24 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Yes, I made that word up.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 01/12/12 at 08:24 PM ET

word

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/12/12 at 11:25 PM ET

FSD with a long, long, long look at Fils.

Osrt would be jealous and drooling.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/12/12 at 11:28 PM ET

dougie's avatar

His ‘nads are the size of raisins… or so I’ve heard.

Posted by calquake on 01/12/12 at 08:13 PM ET

Wow, Cal, you are starting to concern me, what with this talk aboot having discussed Doanbags nads, on top of your , uh, “analysis” of the chorus line photo earlier today.

Posted by dougie on 01/12/12 at 11:28 PM ET

I like Uncle Mike starting Helm’s line in the second period.

Good move.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/12/12 at 11:29 PM ET

Posted by dougie on 01/12/12 at 08:28 PM ET

He needs a Kari Byron butt scan.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/12/12 at 11:30 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Wow, Cal, you are starting to concern me,

Stand line and take a number… I even concern myself sometimes.  I attribute that to my days as an “alter boy” at the Church of Sandusky.

Posted by calquake on 01/12/12 at 11:31 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

how did that stay out?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/12/12 at 11:31 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Doanbag nails someone. Wing hauled down in front of Jimmah. No call.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/12/12 at 11:31 PM ET

dougie's avatar

He needs a Kari Byron butt scan.

Posted by SYF from “Balls Hill” on 01/12/12 at 08:30 PM ET

I think that could be truthfully said for at least 18.5 of the 19.

Posted by dougie on 01/12/12 at 11:32 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

He needs a Kari Byron butt scan.
Posted by SYF from “Balls Hill” on 01/12/12 at 08:30 PM ET

Ask and ye shall receive

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/12/12 at 11:32 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/12/12 at 11:34 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Hide the Jameson.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/12/12 at 11:35 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Evening all. Caught up on teh LB.  This one sticks out in my brain…

..she asks if Jiri sent you and about six hours before you wake up in a dumpster covered in cigarette burns and petroleum jelly.

JJ’s depth of knowledge on these things is truly remarkable.  wink

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 01/12/12 at 11:35 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/12/12 at 11:37 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

FTW!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/12/12 at 11:37 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Nothin cures the PP like a penalty of your own.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/12/12 at 11:37 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Hey Edzo, who has who in a 4 on 4 situation again?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 01/12/12 at 11:38 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Helm had shot that puck way before he was blasted, nice to see the calls go both ways.  Fuchin Doan.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/12/12 at 11:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Doanbag interfered with Helmer. No call.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/12/12 at 11:39 PM ET

cainer4wingsglory's avatar

So apparently it’s legal to run around and check anyone at anytime…

Posted by cainer4wingsglory on 01/12/12 at 11:40 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Ref needs a glassectomy.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 01/12/12 at 11:40 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Zerbra suck. Tin foil shots for all.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/12/12 at 11:41 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/12/12 at 08:39 PM ET

Ya know, I can’t even really hate Doan for these hits because he consistently gets away with it.  It must be legal.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/12/12 at 11:41 PM ET

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 01/12/12 at 08:32 PM ET

I’ll be back in about 12 seconds.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/12/12 at 11:42 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Zerba=Zebra=SUCK.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/12/12 at 11:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

So apparently it’s legal to run around and check anyone at anytime…

It’s referred to as “The Doanbag Rule”.

Posted by calquake on 01/12/12 at 11:42 PM ET

Yotes 29th in the league on the PP.

Wings will cure your PP ills.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/12/12 at 11:43 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

PP 29th in the league?

Welcome to the Joe. How may we help you?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 01/12/12 at 11:44 PM ET

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »