Abel to Yzerman

Hey Pinky…We’ve Missed You Big Boy

In case you’d forgotten, this literary genius doesn’t like you.  Not one bit.

image

I’ve got to tell you. Over all these years, tens of thousands of posts, a million PBRs, and countless contentious discussions with bloggers from other towns, writing about teams inferior to ours…laying waste to Hockey Wilderness’ Brian Reynolds was some of the most fun we’ve had.

Let’s take a stroll back to the A2Y archives and pull out a couple highlights.  And remember, this whole ditty started because Big Pinky was downright tearful that the Wild weren’t giving him The Access he damn well deserves.  Like our pal Dater, he wants…no he craves…the chance to “bond” with his heroes.  Pinky believes that bloggers should be right there asking the tough questions, drilling down and drilling deep.  And, don’t forget, Pinky felt it was dirty men like me that kept him from fulfilling his locker room fantasies.

Thank you IwoCPO, and From Abel to Yzerman for ensuring that NHL teams always have plenty of ammunition to use when denying credentials to bloggers who actually have some professionalism. We appreciate it.

You’re welcome Pinky. You were welcome on my birthday in 2009 when you wrote your little manifesto and welcome you remain to this day.

Oh did we blast him that day. We pelted him with juveniliciousness in the post and then you absolutely hammered him that day, and for many, many days after in comments.  Pinky comes up at the oddest times.  He’s the gift that just keeps on giving.  We appreciate you Pinky, you bloated self-righteous mound of a man.  Thank you for all you do every day.

I have no idea whether Big Pinky has his coveted access yet.  I hope he does, because we want him to be happy. Especially since his team, you know, sucks ass.  But Pinky? Don’t forget what you are, son. Don’t ever forget one of our first descriptions of you.

Ned Beatty on a crusade.

You got a real pretty mouth, Pinky. And in case I didn’t tell you three years ago? Nice hat, dipshit.

Now go ahead and suck on this Live Blog.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›      Next »

monkey's avatar

what did the wild announce say Z did? some sort of figure skating move?

Sashay.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 10:53 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Bert and Mule on the PP. has there ever been a more infuriating duo?

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/02/12 at 10:53 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Homer’s wearing the “A” tonight.  Noyce.

Posted by SYF from fashionista dougie’s drunken iPhone on 03/02/12 at 07:52 PM ET

He was last game too.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:53 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Who the fuch thought about adding pumpkin flavor to beer? I hope there is a special pool of xtra hot brimstone in hell for them.

Posted by dougie on 03/02/12 at 07:51 PM ET

I LOVE almost all types, races, creeds, and flavors of beer, and love pumpkin flavored stuff too.  But I’ve never tried a pumpkin ale or lager that I liked.  I’ll keep trying though.  And really it has to be better than that platinum shit I bought.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/02/12 at 10:53 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Red Wings seem to do their best penalty killing on the power play.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/02/12 at 10:53 PM ET

Boys are shooting well; just need to finish.

Happy smothered in Harding’s crease.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:53 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by dougie on 03/02/12 at 07:51 PM ET

Agreed, it is NOT tasty.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/02/12 at 07:52 PM ET

No, but it is… FA-BU-LOUS!

Posted by calquake on 03/02/12 at 10:53 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Hudler at the net?  Am I seeing things?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/02/12 at 10:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Just… WOW. If I’m ever able to talk about my daughter like that… haha.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/02/12 at 07:47 PM ET

Well, we’re very close.  Just not Sandusky close.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/02/12 at 10:54 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Bertuzzi and Franzen on the ice, and Hudler is in front of the net?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:54 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Boys are shooting well; just need to finish.

Call RWBill for the money shot.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 10:55 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Well, we’re very close.  Just not Sandusky close.

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 03/02/12 at 07:54 PM ET

That would be your son Bill.

Posted by calquake on 03/02/12 at 10:55 PM ET

They switched some lines.  They now put Cleary on the HEMI Line and Horse’s Ass back to his line with Bert.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:55 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

And really it has to be better than that platinum shit I bought.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/02/12 at 07:53 PM ET

Don’t you EVER speak ill of 6% alcohol Bud Light!!!!!

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:55 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Don’t you EVER speak ill of 6% alcohol Bud Light!!!!!

Do the words “Homeless guy’s ass crack” mean anything to you?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 10:56 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Not sure if you can find it back there, but Elysian Brewing (up in Seattle) makes a pumpkin ale that’s actually quite good—and monkey mentioned Dogfish Head Punkin—beyond those two though, mostly crap IMO.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/02/12 at 10:57 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Do the words “Homeless guy’s ass crack” mean anything to you?

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 03/02/12 at 07:56 PM ET

Um… I’m not really sure how to answer this question, so I’ll just plead the 5th.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:57 PM ET

Yak to Sak passing.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:58 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Don’t you EVER speak ill of 6% alcohol Bud Light!!!!!

Do the words “Homeless guy’s ass crack” mean anything to you?

Love that new filtration system they’re using.

Posted by calquake on 03/02/12 at 10:58 PM ET

scotts0's avatar

Lovin’ this Swedish feed like none other.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 03/02/12 at 10:58 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Yak to Sak passing.

Posted by SYF from fashionista dougie’s drunken iPhone on 03/02/12 at 07:58 PM ET

Dammit SYF, don’t make me put you on “ignore” (that doesn’t work)....

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:58 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

And really it has to be better than that platinum shit I bought.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/02/12 at 07:53 PM ET

Don’t you EVER speak ill of 6% alcohol Bud Light!!!!!

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/02/12 at 07:55 PM ET

You know how they make it 6% right?  The filter it through a homeless drunks ass crack.  For REAL.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/02/12 at 10:58 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Hahahahahah, guy in a Wild sweater caught the puck, and got booed.

Classic.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 10:59 PM ET

Lovin’ this Swedish feed like none other.

Posted by scotts0 from New York on 03/02/12 at 07:58 PM ET

Pretty damn cool, ain’t it?  although they’re using the Pinkys broadcast signal, they just shut out the sound and put their own.

Awesome.  If I can’t have FSD, this just might be next best things.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 10:59 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Calquake and Monkey… I love you both.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/02/12 at 11:00 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/02/12 at 07:58 PM ET

Monkey alluded to something similar, and I’m just going to go ahead and say “I LOVE HOMELESS ASS!”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 11:00 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

100 bucks says Clutterbuck’s hit totals at home dwarf those he gets on the road.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 03/02/12 at 11:01 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Calquake and Monkey… I love you both.

The feelings are mutual, have no fear.  Not from Calquake, though.  He’s a douche.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:01 PM ET

Dammit SYF, don’t make me put you on “ignore” (that doesn’t work)....

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/02/12 at 07:58 PM ET

I rofl’d because…JIMMAH!!~...NVM.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 11:01 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Holy PHuck, I must have just come down off something,  does any one ELSE realize the score is JUST 1-0?  I was thinking it was 9-0.

This ain’t GOOD.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/02/12 at 11:01 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I always hated playing against guys like Clutterbuck… of course, I never really liked getting hit, so yeah.

I’m such a 6’1, 220lb Hudler.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/02/12 at 11:01 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Atta boy Quincy.  Teach Johnny that shit.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/02/12 at 11:02 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I love Quincey throwing the guy who was heading for the net on his ass.  The Wings need more of that.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/02/12 at 11:02 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Sorry Ken but that was a serious swan dive

Posted by SolidTG7 on 03/02/12 at 11:02 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I smell reality television.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 03/02/12 at 11:02 PM ET

And Emmer gets chased out of the faceoffs.  LIke that never happens.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 11:02 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Yes, but I’m a World Class douche…. you may call me Sir Summer Breeze.

Posted by calquake on 03/02/12 at 11:03 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Hell of a shift by Helm

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/02/12 at 11:03 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Ummm how was that not holding?

08 Mule woulda buried that.  Just sayin.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/02/12 at 11:03 PM ET

The HEMI Line making serious bones late in the first.  Love that line like I love my Guinness.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/02/12 at 11:03 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›      Next »