Abel to Yzerman

Hello California! Join The Late Live Blog Tonight

Good news!  After tonight, only one more late start and that happens Saturday night in Los Angeles.

After that, the Wings latest start will be four 8:00pm ET games.  Three of those are of the Rivalry Night type against Chicago, Boston and Pittsburgh and the other is this Sunday in Anaheim.

Now on to the game..

Babcock says the first 10 minutes are important, I say the rest 40 are too.

The Wings are well rested and should be ready to play when the puck drops.

No Helm or Datsyuk, but let's hope Jimmy comes up big again.

We watch late, we want a win, so why not make it happen?

It is a live blog bitches...

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7

Down River Dan's avatar

Have to say this is just about what I expected for this game tonight.

First period looked good.

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/10/14 at 01:56 AM ET

calquake's avatar

L.A. and the Ducks coming up… and this type of effort will not cut it.

Posted by calquake on 01/10/14 at 01:56 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

L.A. and the Ducks coming up…

I didn’t even price tickets…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 01/10/14 at 01:57 AM ET

L.A. and the Ducks coming up… and this type of effort will not cut it.

Posted by calquake on 01/10/14 at 12:56 AM ET

Nope.  And I wouldn’t start Jimmy in any of those games.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/10/14 at 01:57 AM ET

calquake's avatar

L.A. and the Ducks coming up…

I didn’t even price tickets…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, you wouldn’t last a day here….. on 01/10/14 at 12:57 AM ET

That is depressing.

Posted by calquake on 01/10/14 at 01:58 AM ET

Alan's avatar

Are we a hard-working, well-oiled machine? Or are we just full of crap?  I guess we’ll find out at the conclusion of tonight’s game.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/09/14 at 10:19 PM ET

Looks like we have our answer.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/10/14 at 01:59 AM ET

Bent's avatar

I hate the fuching Sharks.  So do the Wings.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/10/14 at 01:59 AM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Im usually the first to jump on the what were you thinking q train.  but good for him.  this team needs more fire.  I’ll take it from wherever it comes.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 01/10/14 at 01:59 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Nope.  And I wouldn’t start Jimmy in any of those games.

Posted by SYF from calquake’s rug inspection office on 01/10/14 at 12:57 AM ET

Not sure I’d start Jimmah for Shattucks St. Mary’s

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/10/14 at 01:59 AM ET

Whatever, Bucktkets.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/10/14 at 02:00 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Hmm.  Cleary could be getting a call.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/10/14 at 02:01 AM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

It seems to me that the talking heads talk puck possession as always, but it seems the last 3 years there has been an arms race of big bodies. It seems that teams like LA, Bruins…play something more akin to rugby on skates. That’s a game the wings are just not capable of playing. Not that I enjoy that bulldozer type of hockey, but it’s seems to be effective at this point in time?

Posted by Down River Dan on 01/10/14 at 02:01 AM ET

Alan's avatar

Wow. That cheap shot was awesome, Cleary.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/10/14 at 02:01 AM ET

Suspend Cleary for the rest of the season.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/10/14 at 02:01 AM ET

Not sure I’d start Jimmah for Shattucks St. Mary’s

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 01/10/14 at 12:59 AM ET

Dear Gord, that’s Rosby’s old school.  How do I know?  Douche Canoe.

Yeah, that’s a suspension, Bucktkets.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/10/14 at 02:02 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Cleary should be getting a call.

Posted by calquake on 01/10/14 at 02:02 AM ET

Suspend Cleary for the rest of the season.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/10/14 at 01:01 AM ET

That would be awesome.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/10/14 at 02:03 AM ET

Alan's avatar

Posted by calquake on 01/10/14 at 01:02 AM ET

Complete and total agreement. That elbow was uncalled for.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/10/14 at 02:03 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Shut up Ozzie…it was a reflex, an accident, he was diving, tried to use his shoulder…..piss off

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 01/10/14 at 02:03 AM ET

Shots from the points.  It’s like a drinking game at Hogs and Heifers.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/10/14 at 02:04 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Looks like the top Eastern team would be on the Wild Card bubble in the West.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 01/10/14 at 02:04 AM ET

Alan's avatar

Well, look at the bright side.

Pavelski was denied of a hat trick *again*
And Mrazek had another perfect period of play!

Moving in the right direction, guise!!1

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/10/14 at 02:05 AM ET

Bent's avatar

That horn went with like 4 seconds still on the clock.  Weird.

Oh well.  Sucky game to stay up for.  Night all.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 01/10/14 at 02:05 AM ET

I actually sat through that whole bullshit of a game.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/10/14 at 02:05 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Time to re group….again.

Night all!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 01/10/14 at 02:05 AM ET

Outta here, 19.  See y’all Saturday.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/10/14 at 02:06 AM ET

Trish's avatar

Still pouring here.  See ya Sat if I don’t float away . . . .

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 01/10/14 at 02:06 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Until we meet again… adios amigos.

Posted by calquake on 01/10/14 at 02:07 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

I actually sat through that whole bullshit of a game.

I turned that shit off about an hour ago, but I hung out and talked with you degenerates anyway.

Buenos Nachos everybody!

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 01/10/14 at 02:09 AM ET

Alan's avatar

I actually sat through that whole bullshit of a game.

All 19 of us did, I think.

I’m not sorry I stayed up for it, either. I’m just sorry it fuching sucked.

Two games, back to back, this weekend. We had better bring our A game and hope to Gord that we don’t fall too far in the standings.

I hope Cleary gets a few games off to think about how bad he sucks, because that means Babcock can’t play him. Sadly, it also means more ice time for Sammy.

Call up Tootoo.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/10/14 at 02:13 AM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

I hope they suspend Cleary for a long time
God natt !!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 01/10/14 at 02:19 AM ET

pgoody's avatar

All 4 WC Eps here: http://www.youtube.com/user/kennedy76ca?feature=watch

Posted by pgoody on 01/10/14 at 02:39 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

I have a bad feeling that it will be back to back applesauce and rum games.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 01/10/14 at 09:32 AM ET

Slumpy's avatar

broke my dvr fast forward button this morning replaying game!

The team chemistry is amazing to watch this season and I think not one player should be waived or traded by the deadline.

You hear me Kenny Holland. Stay the course and players like Kindl, Sammy, Cleary, Quincey and remarkably inconsistant face-off man Andersson will surely carry team deep in playoffs. who else did I forget that has been mediocre overall.

Another 8th seed race er wild card (stupid new playoff seeding format.)

Posted by Slumpy from Detroit on 01/10/14 at 09:52 AM ET

Babcock says the first 10 minutes are important…

STFU, Blabcock.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/10/14 at 02:12 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 5 6 7