Abel to Yzerman

Happy Trails

We talk about hookers a lot here at A2Y. I can't explain the reasoning.  It just happens.  We respect them, the service they provide and the long hours they put in to work themselves through law/medical/welding school.

Jiri Hudler was one of our favorites for a long time.  He liked hookers too.  Don't judge. It's just science.

Tonite he returns to the Joe and he might be the only healthy person in the building, and that definitely includes the hookers.

This is a live blog and we're all confused.  We have no idea who is going to show up tonite, literally.  We just don't know who's going to be healthy from one night to the next.

All we know for sure is that there's an oompa loompa back biter back in town and the innocent ones downriver better look out because around 2300 tonite Happy's gonna be hunting and karaoke's not gonna cut it.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

Bent's avatar

4-1 Wings.  Hudler scores the Flames goal.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/05/13 at 07:40 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

We have no idea who is going to show up tonite, literally.  We just don’t know who’s going to be healthy from one night to the next.

You could have added, which healthy player, not in the top two forward lines, is going to show up.

Because if they aren’t in the top six, you have to wonder if they are going to show up to play - - consistently

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/05/13 at 07:43 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Before you folks get going, a great way to help KK is participating in the DraftStreet Freeroll. There are no strings attached and you have a chance to win $300.

Thanks and for more info, check out this blog post from today.

Thanks and go Wings, I hope.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/05/13 at 07:49 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/05/13 at 06:49 PM ET

Psssh, advertising? In a GDT? Who do you think you are, Paul Kukla or something?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/05/13 at 07:59 PM ET

Hockeytown Wax's avatar

Iggy has played well against us but it might be too early in the season for him ... he starts slow ... usually takes 15 to 20 games for him to start scoring.

All we have to do to beat these guys is shut down that first line of Glencross Tanguay & Hudler.

This will be a good game for me to pay a lot of attention to Bouwmeester ... see why everyone has such a man-crush on him.

Posted by Hockeytown Wax from West Bloomfield, Mi. on 02/05/13 at 08:00 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/05/13 at 06:49 PM ET

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 02/05/13 at 06:59 PM ET

I’ve never used this before, but can I say I am the Emperor?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/05/13 at 08:01 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’ve never used this before, but can I say I am the Emperor?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/05/13 at 07:01 PM ET

Hey, whatever helps you put the fear into the peons. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/05/13 at 08:02 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

These Fuchs better start giving me my $49.00 worth.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/05/13 at 06:30 PM ET

Kate with the one-liner of the night.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/05/13 at 08:03 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I’ve never used this before, but can I say I am the Emperor?

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/05/13 at 07:01 PM ET

Dude, you can co-opt that if you want - - just remember where that moniker came from, eh?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/05/13 at 08:05 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Neat, I have a feeling a couple of people have me blocked. I don’t really know how to feel about that.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/05/13 at 08:06 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

FSD FEED

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/05/13 at 08:07 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Good luck with that.  If you spot him, point him out.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/05/13 at 08:07 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

a happy night?

for the Wings only, please.

another “W” would fit the bill well.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/05/13 at 08:10 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Red, Look up with Pride. Cause you’ve managed to offend someone here at this wonderful place. Whoda Thunk it?

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/05/13 at 08:11 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 02/05/13 at 07:06 PM ET

Perhaps some people cannot cope with a dissenting opinion?  Who the hell knows?  More importantly, who cares?  Their loss Red - - chin up.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/05/13 at 08:12 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/05/13 at 07:11 PM ET

Hah, nah, I think my drunken obnoxiousness the other night irritated a few people.

Hell, it irritated me when I went back and read it.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/05/13 at 08:12 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

LGRW!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 02/05/13 at 08:14 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 02/05/13 at 07:12 PM ET

Eh, thanks, I’ll survive somehow. wink

Even though 99.9% of the people here are “fake friends,” I still feel bad when I irritate them or piss them off. Oh well.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/05/13 at 08:15 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I don’t really know how to feel about that.

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 02/05/13 at 07:06 PM ET

With your hands??

Posted by dougie on 02/05/13 at 08:15 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

With your hands??

Posted by dougie on 02/05/13 at 07:15 PM ET

Ah. Haha. Haaaaaaaa.

Hey, does this beer seem empty to anyone else?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/05/13 at 08:17 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

I’ve got a tingle up my leg, anxious to see how Tatar Tots plays tonight.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/05/13 at 08:17 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’ve got a tingle up my leg, anxious to see how Tatar Tots plays tonight.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Looking for a “D” man on 02/05/13 at 07:17 PM ET

$100,000 space bucks says he’s demoted to the 3rd line by the 2nd period.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/05/13 at 08:18 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Tatar with a goal and assist, I’m calling it.

internet blackout til I can get home and watch the game on my DVR.

“Red Wiings! What, is your, profession?!!”

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/05/13 at 08:21 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I’ll take that offer, Red. And yes, the beer looks empty. In fact.. I’m going for a refill.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Tater: tah-TAR (aka TATs)

got it.

... just put the puck in the net.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 02/05/13 at 08:22 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Evening All!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/05/13 at 08:23 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

That bell tire commercial would be better if the bitch didn’t have that under shirt. Horn Dog I am.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/05/13 at 08:28 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’ve got 3 ways to watch GameCenter Live, and neither of the preferred ways (PS3 and 360) EVER show pre-game stuff.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/05/13 at 08:30 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Lame.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/05/13 at 08:30 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

These Fuchs better start giving me my $49.00 worth.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/05/13 at 06:30 PM ET

Is that a Hudler quote?

All hail the Emperor!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/05/13 at 08:32 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Sup bitches?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/05/13 at 08:32 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Tatar is 5’10 and 180 lbs?? I was that size in the eighth grade.

Posted by dougie on 02/05/13 at 08:33 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Tatar isn’t afraid to play the body, don’t let his size fool you.

He’s pretty thick for a small guy, as you can see sitting next to Toots.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/05/13 at 08:33 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I actually didn’t hit 180 until I was about 22.. I was a bean pole. Now.. I’m a husky 195.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 02/05/13 at 08:34 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Sup, Rum and Bez…

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 02/05/13 at 08:35 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

pregame songs being sung

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/05/13 at 08:35 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Sup, Rum and Bez…

Posted by RedMenace from aboard the Crazy Train on 02/05/13 at 07:35 PM ET

You’re looking at it brother.  How’s life?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/05/13 at 08:36 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

pregame songs being sung

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/05/13 at 07:35 PM ET

How do you know I sing “In the Arms of an Angel” before every game?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/05/13 at 08:37 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Like someone said earlier, a goal and assist for Sauce.

Posted by calquake on 02/05/13 at 08:38 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Size doesn’t matter….I heard that somewhere

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, doing the pre-season shuffle.... on 02/05/13 at 08:38 PM ET

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »