Abel to Yzerman

Happiness Please. Give Us Some.

To type all the negatives about this team at such a late stage of Season #12 would take too long and just too much energy than I’m willing to give.  Usually, in mid-March, I’m pleading the dwarf commissioner to just let the playoffs start.  Now?

Not so much.

St. James

Holland tells Free Press that Darren Helm has second degree MCL sprain, will miss 4-6 weeks

That’s disgusting.

But good news. Oh, we’ve got a little…

Nicklas Lidstrom, who will miss his 10th consecutive game Monday against the Capitals because of a deep ankle bruise, took part in the morning skate.

After a weekend of staying off the ice, Lidstrom felt much better than he did the last time he tried skating — the middle of last week.

“It felt better,” said Lidstrom, who added the swelling had gone down and X-rays taken Friday still showed nothing more than a bruise. “I’m still calling it day-to-day (for a return to games) and hoping it gets better every day.

That’s Teddy Kulfan, if you’re wondering. By now, though, you’ve seen it all over the place.  Take it easy. Rest up.  Just get us that infernal fourth seed, and claiming that as our main goal on 19 March is also disgusting. But, it is..you know, what it is.

Hey, here’s the weather in the tropical Arabian Sea today.  A little dusty.

image

It’s a Live Blog bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 10 11 12

ITDeuce's avatar

Pavel.  Shoot that fucher.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/19/12 at 11:59 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

Here’s a chance for the power play to redeem itself for a month+ of ineptitude.

The fuch was I thinkin’?

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/19/12 at 11:59 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

So they call that chintzey shit but let go obvious crap at the end?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/20/12 at 12:00 AM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Wings got what they deserved, no doubt.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/20/12 at 12:01 AM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

NObody knows the trouble Ive seen…......nobody.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 03/20/12 at 12:01 AM ET

WestWing's avatar

The PK of Death adds an empty netter to their already lofty credentials.  Good work boys.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/20/12 at 12:01 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Another one down the drain.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/20/12 at 12:02 AM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

I’m speechless ...

g’nite

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/20/12 at 12:03 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Getting down 2 early, playing for 20 minutes out of 60, won’t win many games.

Stuck on 92.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/12 at 12:03 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Nighty night. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/20/12 at 12:03 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Well, this sucks, but at least the Wings showed some sign of life tonight for the first time in March.  That can’t be a bad thing.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/20/12 at 12:04 AM ET

alukacs's avatar

I hope they are just resting and setting-up a first round against Dallas… grin

Posted by alukacs on 03/20/12 at 12:04 AM ET

Good night all. That was painful but we still watched.

Posted by Alex on 03/20/12 at 12:06 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

First victory of the season for the Caps goalie Holtby after giving up 5 goals to the Sharks.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/12 at 12:11 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Allright 19. No happiness tonight bitches. The animal sacrificing needs to start now. RW are you going to fire up the peloton of suck? We need to pull out all we got now because they playoffs have officially started.
Even Babbles looks like he is getting to the end of his rope.
Need some chemistry baaad.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/20/12 at 12:19 AM ET

stayouttamalibu's avatar

We’ve lost 5 in a row.

Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 03/20/12 at 12:23 AM ET

dougie's avatar

The problem with Valium is that it wears off after a few hours. And the results are the same.

Posted by dougie on 03/20/12 at 07:50 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I can’t remember the formula I used late last night, but my conclusion was that if the present trend continues the Wings will actually finish the season with 88 points.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/12 at 11:42 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Well that’s…weird. Can Gary take away wins retro-actively? Maybe all the bitchiness in TMR posts are getting to you. I know I was just as bad a few weeks ago but my ‘give-a-damn’ has been fixed.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/20/12 at 01:15 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

I missed the game last night. We were out celebrating our wedding anniversary.

I see from the box score we made another unknown rookie goalie feel welcome and at home in the NHL.

How bad did Jobu fuch last night with new injuries? Are the Wings calling up replacements from the alumni team yet?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/12 at 02:20 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Can Gary take away wins retro-actively?
Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 03/20/12 at 11:15 AM ET

Apparently so, that’s the weird part.

It was late at night, admittedly, but I swear it’s true, we’re trending backwards.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/12 at 03:19 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

I know I was just as bad a few weeks ago but my ‘give-a-damn’ has been fixed.

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 03/20/12 at 11:15 AM ET

I lied.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 03/20/12 at 03:23 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Goaltender Jimmy Howard, who missed three games this month with a strained groin, has suffered a relapse.  the Red Wings are “recalling Ty Conklin from Grand Rapids on emergency basis.”

This is just awesome.  It keeps getting better.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/12 at 03:39 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

We’ve lost 5 in a row.
Posted by stayouttamalibu from California on 03/19/12 at 10:23 PM ET

Another way of looking at it is that over the last 16 possible points (8 games), our boys have collected just 3 (three) points. Wait, that actually sounds worse.

My wife has a talent for finding a silver lining. Her daughters call it the warm sh!t thing, as in “I may be standing in a waist deep pile of sh!t, but at least it’s warm sh!t. The only warm sh!t thing she could come up with about the Wings was at least they scored on the power(less) play last night.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/12 at 03:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Even if it’s warm, it’s still sh1t.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/12 at 04:54 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Happiness Please. Give Us Some.

Happiness is a warm gun. Bang, bang. Shoot, shoot.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/20/12 at 06:43 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Red Wings hope Ty Conklin clears re-entry waivers; Jordan Pearce ready for first start, just in case
Published: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 1:34 PM   Updated: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 5:39 PM
  By Ansar Khan | .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

I reran the numbers following my formula from last night, we’re now projected to finish with 86 points, #13 in the western conference.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/12 at 09:27 PM ET