Abel to Yzerman

Happiness Please. Give Us Some.

To type all the negatives about this team at such a late stage of Season #12 would take too long and just too much energy than I’m willing to give.  Usually, in mid-March, I’m pleading the dwarf commissioner to just let the playoffs start.  Now?

Not so much.

St. James

Holland tells Free Press that Darren Helm has second degree MCL sprain, will miss 4-6 weeks

That’s disgusting.

But good news. Oh, we’ve got a little…

Nicklas Lidstrom, who will miss his 10th consecutive game Monday against the Capitals because of a deep ankle bruise, took part in the morning skate.

After a weekend of staying off the ice, Lidstrom felt much better than he did the last time he tried skating — the middle of last week.

“It felt better,” said Lidstrom, who added the swelling had gone down and X-rays taken Friday still showed nothing more than a bruise. “I’m still calling it day-to-day (for a return to games) and hoping it gets better every day.

That’s Teddy Kulfan, if you’re wondering. By now, though, you’ve seen it all over the place.  Take it easy. Rest up.  Just get us that infernal fourth seed, and claiming that as our main goal on 19 March is also disgusting. But, it is..you know, what it is.

Hey, here’s the weather in the tropical Arabian Sea today.  A little dusty.

image

It’s a Live Blog bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 12 >       Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Scotty did it cause he was the best.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/19/12 at 11:26 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Bert?  WTF?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

The comeback starts NOW.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

It’s what we do. It’s who we are.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/19/12 at 09:25 PM ET

True enough Kate.  I’ve said before: You always keep things optimistic around here.

+19

Hey alright Bert.  If we’re gonna do this, its gotta be now.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I’m really,not hating buckets either Bez. It’s. Just what happened to having the best lineup possible?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

You’d put that on your dog man?  What the hell?

Posted by bezukov from The Darkness with Harkness Redux on 03/19/12 at 09:24 PM ET

I don’t know what that means, but I like it.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Tuzzi   bout time

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Babcock says, “Well, just do things right.”

Okay, Babbles, yeah… that’s *just* what they need to do.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/19/12 at 09:25 PM ET

That’s it?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

bert.  yay

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

fedorov ... called it

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/19/12 at 09:25 PM ET

I noticed that sir.  Cheers.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

>>> BOOM <<<

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Imma glad I don’t have FSD tonight.  I wouldn’t want to be the FSD dick asking Babs what his team has to do to get better in the 3rd period.

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 03/19/12 at 09:23 PM ET

I’d love to see a coach answer questions like we would all answer:

“Coach, what do you have to do to get back in this?”

“We’re down 4-1 asswipe, what do you think?  Quit letting them score and start scoring some fuching goals.  Either that or find out what Gary is paying the refs and have MIke match it so we can have an even game for a change.  Hey, how bout we shoot the motherfuching puck once in a mile from closer than the blue line?  You know what? Wow I just had this epiphany…why don’t we get some shots on the powerplay for a change and KEEP our opponent from scoring while we have the man advantage.  Wow.  I’m glad we had this talk.”

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/19/12 at 11:27 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I don’t know what that means, but I like it.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/19/12 at 09:27 PM ET

Just drink some more Clorox.  It’ll all make sense.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/19/12 at 11:28 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Bertsnoozey gets a lucky bounce.

Between him and Franzen, I don’t think there are a bigger pair of vultures wearing Red Wings sweaters.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/19/12 at 11:28 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Unibomber!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/19/12 at 11:28 PM ET

calquake's avatar

1 down 3 to go.

Posted by calquake on 03/19/12 at 11:29 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Bertsnoozey gets a lucky bounce.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/19/12 at 09:28 PM ET

At least Bert gets an appropriate pay check.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/19/12 at 11:30 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Seriously, bitches, we need to start being concerned about hurdling the playoff tide line.

6 teams below us now can easily make it to the high 90s.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/19/12 at 11:31 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

... and the next three goals are huge.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/19/12 at 11:31 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Just drink some more Clorox.  It’ll all make sense.

Posted by bezukov from The Darkness with Harkness Redux on 03/19/12 at 09:28 PM ET

Done.

At least Bert gets an appropriate pay check.

Posted by bezukov from The Darkness with Harkness Redux on 03/19/12 at 09:30 PM ET

+Hossa

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/19/12 at 11:31 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/19/12 at 09:27 PM ET

Agreed, just not sure who in GR would be an upgrade since half the damn team is in DET already.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/19/12 at 11:32 PM ET

Gabriel's avatar

... and the next three goals are huge.

Not as huge as that Google Image Search result….but huge, nonetheless.

Posted by Gabriel from San Diego, CA on 03/19/12 at 11:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/19/12 at 09:27 PM ET

A couple of coaches in professional sports have answered questions with such frankness, but were not employed the next day.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/19/12 at 11:34 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Whoa… Wings with some shots on goal last time down the ice.  Now I KNOW I’ve been drinking.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/19/12 at 11:35 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

It’s nights like this that I want to play full-contact again, and run over some people.

If I’d only been at this weight when I played in college… sigh.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/19/12 at 11:35 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Whoa… I’m awake.  Now I KNOW I’ve been drinking.

Posted by bezukov from The Darkness with Harkness Redux on 03/19/12 at 09:35 PM ET

fixt

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/19/12 at 11:36 PM ET

WestWing's avatar

... and the next three goals are huge.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/19/12 at 09:31 PM ET

It may be the chemistry talkin, but Jeff was pretty sure Abdelkader was gonna get a hat trick tonight.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/19/12 at 11:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

If I’d only been at this weight when I played in college… sigh.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/19/12 at 09:35 PM ET

I’m at my ideal weight…. if I were 7’6” tall.

Posted by calquake on 03/19/12 at 11:37 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 03/19/12 at 09:31 PM ET

I might remind everyone that last game I called that the Wings were winning The Cup this year.

Manic depressive, now I understand it.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/19/12 at 11:37 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

If I’d only been at this weight when I played in college… sigh.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/19/12 at 09:35 PM ET

That’s what she said?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/19/12 at 11:37 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I’m at my ideal weight…. if I were 7’6” tall.

Posted by calquake on 03/19/12 at 09:37 PM ET

If I were 220 in college, I’d been able to give and take some damned hits instead of just taking them. I was never good at hitting because I weighed 145 at 6’1.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/19/12 at 11:38 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

fixt

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/19/12 at 09:36 PM ET

Got that 2:30 (AM) feeling?

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/19/12 at 11:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

In my defense that was before Helm was injured.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/19/12 at 11:40 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Watching Homer play “hockey” is frustrating.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 03/19/12 at 11:42 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

You know what? I’d take Ovechkin as the ONLY off-season addition, stupid salary included.

He would put this team over the fvcking top like whoa.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 03/19/12 at 11:42 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

High praise for Malkin from 2 homers.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/19/12 at 11:42 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

In my defense that was before Helm was injured.

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 03/19/12 at 09:40 PM ET

Anyone know who the fuch this guys is talking to?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/19/12 at 11:42 PM ET

calquake's avatar

He would put this team over the fvcking top like whoa.

Posted by RedMenace from the darkest recesses on 03/19/12 at 09:42 PM

I think that might be the clorox talking.  The guy is a coach killer.

Posted by calquake on 03/19/12 at 11:43 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Anyone know who the fuch this guys is talking to?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 03/19/12 at 09:42 PM ET

Its me.  We’re in the middle of a fight.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 03/19/12 at 11:43 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

If there is one player I would like to see Kronwalled, it is Ovie.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!