Abel to Yzerman

Got Cake? We’re Gonna Live Blog It

Look.  Richard Harris was "A Man Called Horse".  Have you seen it? You should.  He was a bad, bad man. A tough man.  So, why then--in 1968--did he feel the need to sing a song like MacArthur Park?

It's an age-old mystery, rivaled only now by this question:

Why would Ryan Suter and his BFF Zach Parise go to Minnesota where they'll never win anything more than a division crown (if that) when they could have gone to Detroit or Chicago or Pittsburgh, where Cups would have been guaranteed?

Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it

'Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again, oh no

He left his frigging cake out in the rain.  And he can't take it.  Why? Because it took so damn long to bake it.  And now the Ingalls sisters are in Walnut Grove with the barn dances and the one-room schools and that little bitch Nellie Olson running roughshod over the whole damn town.  No Cups, but plenty of family and love and cake.

And now they're here (in Detroyet) tonite, where they could have been all along.

Confusion rules the day when it comes to Dick Harris, Horse, horrible songs and the Ingalls sisters.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  LGRW.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 12 >       Next »

42jeff's avatar

That is funny.  I think they are going to downgrade their video game medal for launching missiles from 8000 miles away,, hopefully.
The Indian Springs policeman finally drove up and asked me what I was doing, standing their next to the elementary school with a camera.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:31 PM ET

I saw a spoof e-mail shooting around of proposed UAV operator medals…one of them was a PS3 controller hanging from a ribbon.

Indian Springs sure has grown.  I went there once in June 92 when we had a jet divert in there while TDY to Nellis.  Went back the summer of 05 and didn’t recognize the place.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:35 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:32 PM ET

Awesome!  If I had known the Wings were gonna transfer to the NH of L, East Coast South Cakaklackee Division I might have bought tickets for Sunday to boot.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum..... on 03/20/13 at 08:35 PM ET

Bent's avatar

So Detroit “doesn’t look right” now?  Dipshits.  Maybe it has to do with them having to play 7 on 5.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/20/13 at 08:36 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Don’t know if I mentioned but my retirement was approved so this June I’ll be heading back to the motherland.  Hoping to make it to Detroit for my first wings game in person next fall and am going to try like hell to make it to as many Griffins games as possible since I’ll only be like 30 min away.
Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:32 PM ET

Congrats! Don’t you want to retire someplace warm?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 08:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Congrats! Don’t you want to retire someplace warm?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/20/13 at 09:36 PM ET

Considering where he is to where he’s going… he is.

Posted by calquake from a.k.a. Uniquake, workin' on my manifesto on 03/20/13 at 08:38 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Congrats! Don’t you want to retire someplace warm?

Being near family and having an awesome house > warm

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:39 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

How many games do we play against the Caps and Caines starting next year? Us southerners need to make a game together at one of those places.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the season Greenville Pylons on 03/20/13 at 08:39 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Considering where he is to where he’s going… he is.

Posted by calquake on 03/20/13 at 09:38 PM ET

lol

I was thinking the same

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/20/13 at 08:39 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Okay, with all this chatter aboot how “great” the team from the State of Hockey is I had to go check the standings.  Them SOB’s are one fricking point in front of the Wings!  Suck it Doc…just suck it.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum..... on 03/20/13 at 08:40 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Congrats! Don’t you want to retire someplace warm?
Considering where he is to where he’s going… he is.
Posted by calquake on 03/20/13 at 09:38 PM ET

You’re right. Anyplace within 30min of GR has speedo weather in February compared to Minot

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 08:40 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Considering where he is to where he’s going… he is.

Posted by calquake on 03/20/13 at 09:38 PM ET

Absolutely…it’s 7F here right now…wind chill -14.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:32 PM ET

So where did you end up?  I guess I missed the final chapter.

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 03/20/13 at 08:41 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hell…three weeks ago our AMBIENT temp was -28. I think the windchill was like -50 or some such silliness.

They closed the flightline because there’s limits to how cold we can allow the guys to go outside during peacetime.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:42 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Glad I’m not the only one who was thinking Walnut Grove was not playing all that great.  Wings lead 29-17 in shots as I type…

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 03/20/13 at 08:42 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Absolutely…it’s 7F here right now…wind chill -14.

But, that’s a “dry” kinda cold right?  Get that all the time in Arizona…...

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum..... on 03/20/13 at 08:43 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Prosser for embezzling the puck?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 08:43 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I don’t understand how the Wings don’t have 8 goals by now.  the chances they’re getting, holy shit.  but they just aren’t finishing.  wtf.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/20/13 at 08:44 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Damn puck just won’t go in the net for our Wings tonight…

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 03/20/13 at 08:45 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Time for our Power Play Killing line?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum..... on 03/20/13 at 08:45 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

How did Pasha miss that?????

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 08:46 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Jeebus Dats

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 03/20/13 at 08:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/20/13 at 09:44 PM ET

Yeah they’ve played fairly well most of the time, but a few horrible moments outweighed the rest of the game.

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 03/20/13 at 08:47 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

So where did you end up?  I guess I missed the final chapter.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:41 PM ET

The place we got is like 30 miles north of Grand Rapids…just west of a tiny little town called Howard City.

My ten acres of bliss.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:47 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:47 PM ET

Sweet!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum..... on 03/20/13 at 08:48 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Absolutely…it’s 7F here right now…wind chill -14.

took this Monday, 03/18/13 ... yup, more snow here (central Wisconsin),
banks in my driveway are higher then my rag-top:

we’re looking at a low of 3 above tonight, windchill 6 below

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/20/13 at 08:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

There are games like this during any season, but with only 18 games left in this Pee Wee season it has exaggerated signficance with so few home games remaining.

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 03/20/13 at 08:50 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

My ten acres of bliss.
Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:47 PM ET

Beautiful, Jeff. My two retrievers are jealous and want to be adopted by you.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 08:50 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

why is Filpulla skating the wrong way down the ice while the Wings have the puck, and why are they passing it to him?!

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/20/13 at 08:51 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Beautiful, Jeff. My two retrievers are jealous and want to be adopted by you.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/20/13 at 09:50 PM ET

Sweet. Though my cats may get jealous….

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:51 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Franzen and Abby have no business on a line with Datsyuk. They are sucking all of the awesome out of him. Like vampires.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/20/13 at 08:52 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Vladdy looks good. Who are the hotties with him? His wife divorced him, didn’t she?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 08:52 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I wonder if the Wings are experiencing a fall off in ticket sales.  Ken Kal just said they are offering prizes for renewing season tickets.  Flat screen TVs, entertainment centers - some guy won $10,000 today!  Hell, I’ll buy a season ticket if they’ll give me $10,000.  What’s up with that?

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 03/20/13 at 08:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

My ten acres of bliss.

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:47 PM ET

That is awesome.  Say, how much would 10 acres cost in Costa Mesa?

Posted by RWBill from the Babcock school of cheese grabbing. on 03/20/13 at 08:53 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time it was in the 80’s in northern Mi causing the apple trees to blossom and of corse the frosts came and killed whole apple and cherry crop.

Posted by cigar_nurse from On LTIR for the season Greenville Pylons on 03/20/13 at 08:53 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Bad pass after bad pass after bad pass.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 03/20/13 at 08:53 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Jeff, your ten acres of bliss looks really beautiful.

Posted by MsRedWinger from the State where Tigers roam in the Spring on 03/20/13 at 08:54 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

Line changes have been a major problem for 2 seasons now.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 03/20/13 at 08:54 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

That is awesome.  Say, how much would 10 acres cost in Costa Mesa?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:53 PM ET

Probably a bit more than mine did.  We had actually looked at it last February when I was initially looking at retiring but somebody snagged it up before we could get the financng set up.  I was on the phone with my dad on fathers day last summer and he drove by the place “Hey, that place on M82 has a for sale sign in front of it”  A couple seconds later I hear the tires screeching and my mom screaming in the background “KEN WHAT THE FUCH ARE YOU DOING”

WIthin a few minutes I started getting texts with pictures in it…the guy who bought it from under us was a contracter and REALLY done some work to the place.  smile

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:56 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

West Wing said it best….

Datsyuk continues to center the Tittyfuck line. He does his thing between two boobs.

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 03/13/13 at 11:33 PM ET

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, fanning the flames, with rum..... on 03/20/13 at 08:56 PM ET

Puck is hit out of play from center ice, and Doc has to comment on it not being a penalty?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/20/13 at 08:57 PM ET