Abel to Yzerman

Got Cake? We’re Gonna Live Blog It

Look.  Richard Harris was "A Man Called Horse".  Have you seen it? You should.  He was a bad, bad man. A tough man.  So, why then--in 1968--did he feel the need to sing a song like MacArthur Park?

It's an age-old mystery, rivaled only now by this question:

Why would Ryan Suter and his BFF Zach Parise go to Minnesota where they'll never win anything more than a division crown (if that) when they could have gone to Detroit or Chicago or Pittsburgh, where Cups would have been guaranteed?

Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it

'Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again, oh no

He left his frigging cake out in the rain.  And he can't take it.  Why? Because it took so damn long to bake it.  And now the Ingalls sisters are in Walnut Grove with the barn dances and the one-room schools and that little bitch Nellie Olson running roughshod over the whole damn town.  No Cups, but plenty of family and love and cake.

And now they're here (in Detroyet) tonite, where they could have been all along.

Confusion rules the day when it comes to Dick Harris, Horse, horrible songs and the Ingalls sisters.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  LGRW.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 12 >       Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Am I that big of a Wings’ homer that I’m just not seeing that Minny’s playing as incredible this game as all the announcers think?

Posted by Valek on 03/20/13 at 09:21 PM ET

Well then call me a homer too. Minny is not playing as great as the crew is saying, but, neither is Howard. They must get a bonus to downplay the Wings no matter who the opponents are.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/20/13 at 09:30 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

She is aging quite well.Thanks 42Jeff.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/20/13 at 09:31 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

What’s even funnier…is the dorks who fly those wear FLIGHT SUITS!!

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:25 PM ET

That is funny.  I think they are going to downgrade their video game medal for launching missiles from 8000 miles away,, hopefully.

The Indian Springs policeman finally drove up and asked me what I was doing, standing their next to the elementary school with a camera.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:31 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Sure, let’s do it! Trying to figure out travel time on a Friday in the OC.  Gonna leave pretty early. I’ll shoot ya an e-mail with cell phone info.
Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, enjoying the decline…... on 03/20/13 at 09:29 PM ET

Cool. See ya Friday

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 09:32 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Yup. Friday game.  Taking the whole family.
  Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, enjoying the decline…... on 03/20/13 at 09:13 PM ET

Meet up for a beer at JT Schmids before the game?

I’m so jealuos of you bitches getting to meet up and shit.  Next season is my turn I hope.  Don’t know if I mentioned but my retirement was approved so this June I’ll be heading back to the motherland.  Hoping to make it to Detroit for my first wings game in person next fall and am going to try like hell to make it to as many Griffins games as possible since I’ll only be like 30 min away.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 09:32 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Meet up for a beer at JT Schmids before the game?

Have fun there.

Good luck with the traffic!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:34 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:31 PM ET

I saw a spoof e-mail shooting around of proposed UAV operator medals…one of them was a PS3 controller hanging from a ribbon.

Indian Springs sure has grown.  I went there once in June 92 when we had a jet divert in there while TDY to Nellis.  Went back the summer of 05 and didn’t recognize the place.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 09:35 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:32 PM ET

Awesome!  If I had known the Wings were gonna transfer to the NH of L, East Coast South Cakaklackee Division I might have bought tickets for Sunday to boot.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 03/20/13 at 09:35 PM ET

Bent's avatar

So Detroit “doesn’t look right” now?  Dipshits.  Maybe it has to do with them having to play 7 on 5.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/20/13 at 09:36 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:32 PM ET

Congrats! Don’t you want to retire someplace warm?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 09:36 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Congrats! Don’t you want to retire someplace warm?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/20/13 at 09:36 PM ET

Considering where he is to where he’s going… he is.

Posted by calquake on 03/20/13 at 09:38 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Congrats! Don’t you want to retire someplace warm?

Being near family and having an awesome house > warm

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 09:39 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

How many games do we play against the Caps and Caines starting next year? Us southerners need to make a game together at one of those places.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/20/13 at 09:39 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Considering where he is to where he’s going… he is.

Posted by calquake on 03/20/13 at 09:38 PM ET

lol

I was thinking the same

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/20/13 at 09:39 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Okay, with all this chatter aboot how “great” the team from the State of Hockey is I had to go check the standings.  Them SOB’s are one fricking point in front of the Wings!  Suck it Doc…just suck it.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 03/20/13 at 09:40 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Congrats! Don’t you want to retire someplace warm?
Considering where he is to where he’s going… he is.
Posted by calquake on 03/20/13 at 09:38 PM ET

You’re right. Anyplace within 30min of GR has speedo weather in February compared to Minot

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 09:40 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Considering where he is to where he’s going… he is.

Posted by calquake on 03/20/13 at 09:38 PM ET

Absolutely…it’s 7F here right now…wind chill -14.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 09:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:32 PM ET

So where did you end up?  I guess I missed the final chapter.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:41 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Hell…three weeks ago our AMBIENT temp was -28. I think the windchill was like -50 or some such silliness.

They closed the flightline because there’s limits to how cold we can allow the guys to go outside during peacetime.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 09:42 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Glad I’m not the only one who was thinking Walnut Grove was not playing all that great.  Wings lead 29-17 in shots as I type…

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/20/13 at 09:42 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Absolutely…it’s 7F here right now…wind chill -14.

But, that’s a “dry” kinda cold right?  Get that all the time in Arizona…...

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 03/20/13 at 09:43 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Prosser for embezzling the puck?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 09:43 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I don’t understand how the Wings don’t have 8 goals by now.  the chances they’re getting, holy shit.  but they just aren’t finishing.  wtf.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/20/13 at 09:44 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Damn puck just won’t go in the net for our Wings tonight…

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/20/13 at 09:45 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Time for our Power Play Killing line?

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 03/20/13 at 09:45 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

How did Pasha miss that?????

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 09:46 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Jeebus Dats

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 03/20/13 at 09:46 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/20/13 at 09:44 PM ET

Yeah they’ve played fairly well most of the time, but a few horrible moments outweighed the rest of the game.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:47 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

So where did you end up?  I guess I missed the final chapter.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:41 PM ET

The place we got is like 30 miles north of Grand Rapids…just west of a tiny little town called Howard City.

My ten acres of bliss.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 09:47 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:47 PM ET

Sweet!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 03/20/13 at 09:48 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Absolutely…it’s 7F here right now…wind chill -14.

took this Monday, 03/18/13 ... yup, more snow here (central Wisconsin),
banks in my driveway are higher then my rag-top:

we’re looking at a low of 3 above tonight, windchill 6 below

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/20/13 at 09:49 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

There are games like this during any season, but with only 18 games left in this Pee Wee season it has exaggerated signficance with so few home games remaining.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:50 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

My ten acres of bliss.
Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:47 PM ET

Beautiful, Jeff. My two retrievers are jealous and want to be adopted by you.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 09:50 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

why is Filpulla skating the wrong way down the ice while the Wings have the puck, and why are they passing it to him?!

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/20/13 at 09:51 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Beautiful, Jeff. My two retrievers are jealous and want to be adopted by you.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/20/13 at 09:50 PM ET

Sweet. Though my cats may get jealous….

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 09:51 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Franzen and Abby have no business on a line with Datsyuk. They are sucking all of the awesome out of him. Like vampires.

Let’s Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/20/13 at 09:52 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Vladdy looks good. Who are the hotties with him? His wife divorced him, didn’t she?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 09:52 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I wonder if the Wings are experiencing a fall off in ticket sales.  Ken Kal just said they are offering prizes for renewing season tickets.  Flat screen TVs, entertainment centers - some guy won $10,000 today!  Hell, I’ll buy a season ticket if they’ll give me $10,000.  What’s up with that?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/20/13 at 09:53 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

My ten acres of bliss.

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:47 PM ET

That is awesome.  Say, how much would 10 acres cost in Costa Mesa?

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:53 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time it was in the 80’s in northern Mi causing the apple trees to blossom and of corse the frosts came and killed whole apple and cherry crop.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/20/13 at 09:53 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 12 >       Next »