Abel to Yzerman

Got Cake? We’re Gonna Live Blog It

Look.  Richard Harris was "A Man Called Horse".  Have you seen it? You should.  He was a bad, bad man. A tough man.  So, why then--in 1968--did he feel the need to sing a song like MacArthur Park?

It's an age-old mystery, rivaled only now by this question:

Why would Ryan Suter and his BFF Zach Parise go to Minnesota where they'll never win anything more than a division crown (if that) when they could have gone to Detroit or Chicago or Pittsburgh, where Cups would have been guaranteed?

Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it

'Cause it took so long to bake it

And I'll never have that recipe again, oh no

He left his frigging cake out in the rain.  And he can't take it.  Why? Because it took so damn long to bake it.  And now the Ingalls sisters are in Walnut Grove with the barn dances and the one-room schools and that little bitch Nellie Olson running roughshod over the whole damn town.  No Cups, but plenty of family and love and cake.

And now they're here (in Detroyet) tonite, where they could have been all along.

Confusion rules the day when it comes to Dick Harris, Horse, horrible songs and the Ingalls sisters.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  LGRW.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 7 8 9 10 11 >  Last ›      Next »

dougie's avatar

OH my god…just click on it

I am not even going to ask how you found such weirdness

Posted by dougie on 03/20/13 at 08:06 PM ET

AxeMaster9's avatar

I’ve actually got the TV in sync with Ken and Paul on radio.  Soooooooo much better.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/20/13 at 09:05 PM ET

It’s unwatchable with these guys.  And I actually like Doc, he isnt terrible.  But Eddie and DoucheCanoe are unfriggin watchable.

Posted by AxeMaster9 on 03/20/13 at 08:07 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Dive sighting!

Posted by Yzersyuk on 03/20/13 at 08:07 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

OH my god…just click on it

I am not even going to ask how you found such weirdness

Posted by dougie on 03/20/13 at 09:06 PM ET

There’s benefits to being a geo-bachelor. I can google image search anything I want…as long as I’m using an icognito window ....    SO..when I google “mouth stretcher” I don’t have to worry about my wife walking in behind me….

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:08 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Game over.

Posted by calquake on 03/20/13 at 08:09 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Well put a fork in it why don’t ya.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 03/20/13 at 08:09 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Ugh…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/20/13 at 08:09 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Ugh.  So much for the improving PK.  And puke is was setagoochi.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/20/13 at 08:10 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Pull him. He’s been stellar lately, but he doesn’t have it tonight

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 08:10 PM ET

Thunderpriest's avatar

That’s all, good night, sayonara.

I like the guy, but Lashoff has been burned a couple of times tonight.

Posted by Thunderpriest on 03/20/13 at 08:10 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Of all the teams I thought this crew would slobber all over, I never thought one of them would be the Minnesota Wild.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/20/13 at 09:06 PM ET

They slobber over any team that plays against Detroit.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/20/13 at 08:10 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Oh.  Ugh.  Awful.  Jimmah not having a good night.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/20/13 at 08:11 PM ET

Thunderpriest's avatar

I am outta here. Going to pause the game on the DVR and go do something else for a while. I’ll fast forward through it later to see if we mount a comeback.
You kids have fun….

Posted by Thunderpriest on 03/20/13 at 08:11 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Rumbear, are you heading to Ponda Center for either of the tilts this weekend?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 08:12 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I’m not going anywhere. I’m in solid. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/20/13 at 08:12 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

admit it.  go ahead, it’s ok.

you smiled a bit when Home Keys did that.

grin

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/20/13 at 08:13 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/20/13 at 09:12 PM ET

Yup. Friday game.  Taking the whole family.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/20/13 at 08:13 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Oh.  Ugh.  Awful.  Jimmah not having a good night.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/20/13 at 09:11 PM ET

Agree. But, the next three….....Shut. Whore. Mouth.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 03/20/13 at 08:14 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I’m in solid. Bitches.

Yeah, me ,too. I am going to watch the 3rd from the bedroom, however;-)

Posted by dougie on 03/20/13 at 08:15 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

is it too much to ask to see Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Brunner in 5-on-5 situations?

can we please just have one line that plays together all the time and dominates?  that’s better than four mediocre lines.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/20/13 at 08:15 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Kronwall with the epic keep-in.

saw an interview where he said he is trying to step it up and take his play to another level.  more please.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 03/20/13 at 08:16 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

COSTCO spiced rum is now officially “Rumbear Approved”.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/20/13 at 08:17 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yeah, me ,too. I am going to watch the 3rd from the bedroom, however;-)

Posted by dougie on 03/20/13 at 09:15 PM ET

You’re getting your sock and lube ready to watch Keri Russell on The Americans.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/20/13 at 08:17 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Did this referee crew just come over from the Swiss league?

The puck goes in the net and breaks in two when it hits a net support and the say no goal.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 08:17 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Yup. Friday game.  Taking the whole family.
Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, enjoying the decline…... on 03/20/13 at 09:13 PM ET

Meet up for a beer at JT Schmids before the game?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/20/13 at 08:19 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Frustrating game because the Wings are not playing that bad and Walnut Grove is not playing that great.  Closer game than the score indicates IMO (with a little help from the zebras).

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/20/13 at 08:20 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

COSTCO spiced rum is now officially “Rumbear Approved”.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, enjoying the decline…... on 03/20/13 at 09:17 PM ET

Holy hell…was just thinking that same thing about this $6 liter of Military Special I got tonight.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:20 PM ET

Am I that big of a Wings’ homer that I’m just not seeing that Minny’s playing as incredible this game as all the announcers think?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 03/20/13 at 08:21 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

You’re getting your sock and lube ready to watch Keri Russell on The Americans.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:17 PM ET

Wait…Keri Russel is in that show?  I love it already!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:21 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

There’s benefits to being a geo-bachelor.

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:08 PM ET

I visited Creech AFB last Monday.  First the Thunderbirds were practicing for 30 minutes,  then I watched guys do touch and goes…. With Predator Drones.  They were inside the training barn and the Predator just kept going around and landing and around and landing.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/20/13 at 08:22 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:22 PM ET

dougie's avatar

You’re getting your sock and lube ready to watch Keri Russell on The Americans.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:17 PM ET

NO,NO,NO. It’s the guest towels and lube, Bill.

Posted by dougie on 03/20/13 at 08:23 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

You’re getting your sock and lube ready to watch Keri Russell on The Americans.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:17 PM ET

Wait…Keri Russel is in that show?  I love it already!

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/20/13 at 09:21 PM ET

Just as cute as a button.  And a lethal assassin.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/20/13 at 08:24 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

I’m here with ya Kate. NBC has become totally unlistenable now.
Rivalry night with a team we will play 2 times a year from now on? Bah.STFU.

Lashoff having a bad game tonight.Feces happens.

We can still beat these douchenozzles and the Wild.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/20/13 at 08:25 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 03/20/13 at 09:22 PM ET

What’s even funnier…is the dorks who fly those wear FLIGHT SUITS!!

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/20/13 at 08:25 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

O M G

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/20/13 at 08:26 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

We can still beat these douchenozzles and the Wild.

Agreed.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/20/13 at 08:27 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Lashoff having a bad game tonight.Feces happens.
Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/20/13 at 09:25 PM ET

Yeah he couldn’t find the handle on that PK rebound.

Posted by RWBill from Brush Street cruising with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/20/13 at 08:28 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Lets Go Red Wings  Believe Believe Believe

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 03/20/13 at 08:29 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Yup. Friday game.  Taking the whole family.

Meet up for a beer at JT Schmids before the game?

Sure, let’s do it! Trying to figure out travel time on a Friday in the OC.  Gonna leave pretty early. I’ll shoot ya an e-mail with cell phone info.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, with 3 fingers of rum & a cigar.. on 03/20/13 at 08:29 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 7 8 9 10 11 >  Last ›      Next »