Abel to Yzerman

Going For 18

Paul subbing for IwoCPO who I have yet to hear from today, so I will put up a Live Blog just in case.

First game home after a long road trip is always one which is approached with caution.

The Wings certainly hope to get back to their winning ways and extend their home win streak to 18.

A good all-around game is what we are looking for and a fast start would be helpful too.

So enjoy the game and the Live Blog bi*****!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

MsRedWinger's avatar

Moose - in training to become the new Homer?  Last two power play goals, people.

Love the Moose!

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/08/12 at 11:13 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

What the fuch was that?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 02/08/12 at 11:14 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Big Kill

Havent said that in a while,

and Mule drives the net too - - -

Am I dreaming?

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/08/12 at 11:14 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Stick that in your 80.0% PK (25)

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/08/12 at 11:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Nice D, Big E

good stickwithitiveness from E52

What are quotes I’d like to hear a lot more about Big Rig.

Posted by calquake on 02/08/12 at 11:15 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Am I dreaming?

No. It’s a home game.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/08/12 at 11:15 PM ET

monkey's avatar

A Møøse once bit my sister.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/08/12 at 11:15 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Who are these guys? Sure are a different Team that the one I have been watching of late.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/08/12 at 11:15 PM ET

calquake's avatar

A Møøse once bit my sister.

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 02/08/12 at 08:15 PM ET

Isn’t that odd… my sister once bit a Moose.

Posted by calquake on 02/08/12 at 11:17 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

A Møøse once bit my sister.

And mäni interesting furry animals

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/08/12 at 11:17 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

and unclinch.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/08/12 at 11:19 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti…

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/08/12 at 11:19 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Database Error: Unable to connect to your database. Your database appears to be turned off or the database connection settings in your config file are not correct. Please contact your hosting provider if the problem persists.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/08/12 at 11:19 PM ET

McDonald hasn’t been tested a whole lot, but he’s looked comfortable in net.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/08/12 at 11:20 PM ET

dougie's avatar

AAAAAND just in case you needed a jolt of adrenalin, we bring you the last 10 seconds of the first period.

Posted by dougie on 02/08/12 at 11:20 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

A Møøse once bit my sister.

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 02/08/12 at 08:15 PM ET

Yeah, sorry about that…

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/08/12 at 11:20 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Nice penalty killing tonight.  And a power play goal.  And the Moose scores.

Lots to like.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/08/12 at 11:20 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

contact your hosting provider if the problem persists

think paul is reading the blog?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/08/12 at 11:22 PM ET

calquake's avatar

A Møøse once bit my sister.

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 02/08/12 at 08:15 PM ET

Yeah, sorry about that…

Posted by bezukov from South of Detroit on 02/08/12 at 08:20 PM ET

Yeah, they have some strange initiation rites in bezukovs’ new hangout. cheese

Posted by calquake on 02/08/12 at 11:22 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

So my curiosity got the best of me and I bought a six pack of the Bud Light Platinum.  It is light beer that is 6.0% alcohol.  After tasting it I’m convinced that it is just regular bud light that was filtered through an old homeless drunk’s asscrack.  Now admittedly, I didn’t think it would be great, but damn…

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 02/08/12 at 11:23 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Gøäl scøred by Møøse (21) (Power Play)
Alsø wik: Ian White
Alsø alsø wik: Pavel Datsyuk

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/08/12 at 11:23 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Yeah, sorry about that…

That was you?

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/08/12 at 11:23 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 02/08/12 at 08:23 PM ET

It was originally marketed as Zima.

Posted by calquake on 02/08/12 at 11:24 PM ET

monkey's avatar

So it’s just regular bud light.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/08/12 at 11:24 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/08/12 at 08:23 PM ET

Yøu shøuld trei a høliday in Sweden this yer.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/08/12 at 11:26 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

SOG after one 4-5 wings

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/08/12 at 11:27 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 02/08/12 at 08:19 PM ET

Had that too.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 02/08/12 at 11:27 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Can’t stand Bud Light.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/08/12 at 11:29 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 02/08/12 at 08:23 PM ET

Thanks for the report.  I was curious but was convinced it was a mere product of Budweiser’s bottomless marketing budget.  I had low expectations.  Thanks for saving me the disappointment.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 02/08/12 at 11:29 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Had that too.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 02/08/12 at 08:27 PM ET

I told the Emperor, he said it should be fixed now.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/08/12 at 11:30 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

So it’s just regular bud light.

Posted by monkey from here to Timbuktu on 02/08/12 at 08:24 PM ET

I guess I should have said re-filtered.  Seriously though, it’s junk.  I don’t care for bud light, but I don’t think it really tastes BAD.  Because to do that, it would have to have taste.  But this platinum shat is… well, shat.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 02/08/12 at 11:30 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

the only time i drink beer you can see through, is when the temp is 80+ the sun has gone down, and i intend to drink mass quantities.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/08/12 at 11:31 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

The Wings are so totally different at home.

Damn schizophrenic bastards.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/08/12 at 11:32 PM ET

I’m back and I see a 1-nil lead for the good guys.  My eyes deceive me.

Gøäl scøred by Møøse (21) (Power Play)
Alsø wik: Ian White
Alsø alsø wik: Pavel Datsyuk

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/08/12 at 08:23 PM ET

We apologize.  The people responsible for putting up the score correctly have been sacked.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 02/08/12 at 11:32 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/08/12 at 08:31 PM ET

But then there’s Corona…