Abel to Yzerman

Going For 18

Paul subbing for IwoCPO who I have yet to hear from today, so I will put up a Live Blog just in case.

First game home after a long road trip is always one which is approached with caution.

The Wings certainly hope to get back to their winning ways and extend their home win streak to 18.

A good all-around game is what we are looking for and a fast start would be helpful too.

So enjoy the game and the Live Blog bi*****!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 10 11 12 13 >       Next »

Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMac.Tracking.That.Shit.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/09/12 at 01:08 AM ET

calquake's avatar

He punched like a girl.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/08/12 at 10:07 PM ET

Then itwas Rosby.

Posted by calquake on 02/09/12 at 01:08 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

18.

Good effort.

Sparty should be the #1 star.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/09/12 at 01:08 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Bite me, Oilers.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 02/09/12 at 01:08 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

Good finish to that game. 3rd line gets first star.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/09/12 at 01:08 AM ET

monkey's avatar

You don’t say “I’m going to fight you, Steve.”  You just act natural and then you sucker punch the guy.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/09/12 at 01:08 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 02/08/12 at 10:07 PM ET

Modern Family now for me.  Latina Boobarella is nice to look at, despite being a slightly annoying character otherwise.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/09/12 at 01:08 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Imma go celebrate by shaking the hell out of the mattress and screaming “WAKE UUUP”
at my wife

Posted by dougie on 02/09/12 at 01:09 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Good win!  LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/09/12 at 01:09 AM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Jmac is making a believer out of me.  He looks so confident in net.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 02/09/12 at 01:09 AM ET

monkey's avatar

at my wife

SHIT

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/09/12 at 01:09 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Then itwas Rosby.

A girl’s gotta work.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 02/09/12 at 01:09 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Jmac is making a believer out of me.  He looks so confident in net.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 02/08/12 at 10:09 PM ET

He can’t handle a deke, but looked solid otherwise.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/09/12 at 01:09 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Whoo-Hoo!  Another win at home and a win for JoeyMac!

Way to go Wings!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/09/12 at 01:10 AM ET

Sparty should be the #1 star.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/08/12 at 10:08 PM ET

Word to the Amen and the Holy Alleluia, Jeff.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/09/12 at 01:11 AM ET

monkey's avatar

Good night, bitches.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 02/09/12 at 01:11 AM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Victory bitches.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/09/12 at 01:12 AM ET

dougie's avatar

Voox, it’s not necessarily a bad thing when a man can’t handle a “deke”

Posted by dougie on 02/09/12 at 01:12 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

He can’t handle a deke,...

Send em up to San Francisco there are….wait, never mind.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 02/09/12 at 01:12 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Yep, Abby had a hell of a game.  Third line had a hell of a game.

Nite, 19.

cool smile

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 02/09/12 at 01:12 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/08/12 at 10:08 PM ET

Yeah I’ve got that too, proly for a second go at myself.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/09/12 at 01:12 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

at my wife

Posted by dougie on 02/08/12 at 10:09 PM ET

R O F L M A O

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/09/12 at 01:14 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

It’s that time…...Night all.

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 02/09/12 at 01:14 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Goodnight bitches!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 02/09/12 at 01:14 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Yeah I’ve got that too, proly for a second go at myself.

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 02/08/12 at 10:12 PM ET

Go Bullfrogs!

If you could actually have a second go in one night, you’d still be married.  wink

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/09/12 at 01:14 AM ET

VooX's avatar

Voox, it’s not necessarily a bad thing when a man can’t handle a “deke”

Posted by dougie on 02/08/12 at 10:12 PM ET

Shaking a mattress and handling a deke, is there anything you can’t do you evil bastard?

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 02/09/12 at 01:15 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Every time you win a close game, you grow another spincter.Outstanding LB tonight 19.
Is it still a full moon today?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 02/09/12 at 01:16 AM ET

dougie's avatar

That’s my picture in the dictionary , when you look up “Renaissance Man”

Posted by dougie on 02/09/12 at 01:16 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

End of Hockey tonight, “The Nightman Cometh”

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 02/09/12 at 01:16 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Every game that Mule or Zatta don’t score, they don’t get to score with their wives.

kinda neat that Z scores shortly after making this statement.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/09/12 at 01:26 AM ET

SYF, this is a shining example of exactly why I absolutely love this place.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 02/08/12 at 08:48 PM ET

Blame it on my A.D.D., baby.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/09/12 at 01:34 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

“The Nightman Cometh”

Posted by RWBill from the Land of 12 in 12. on 02/08/12 at 10:16 PM ET

You’re a Master of Karate
  And Friendship
  For Everyone

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/09/12 at 01:37 AM ET

Youtube user, weallbleedredd, posted Abber’s hit on Taylor Hall as well as Miller’s GWG.  Dig it.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/09/12 at 01:46 AM ET

From Jeff’s GDT:

Wings VS bottom dwellers…goalies not so hot….players that should step a notch (Hudler, Fil, Z, White)...problems in their zones…this game will help my team in the standing! The Wings will not win this one

Posted by MARIO from CHICAGO on 02/08/12 at 08:14 AM ET

Crow.  Nice, big, fat, juicy crow.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 02/09/12 at 02:59 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

After another slow start,  I thought DET played their asses off.  Hard on the puck, hard on the boards, and I can’t remember the last time they took the puck to the net with such regularity. The 5-3 PK didn’t even give up a SOG (read that again).  Great game.  If the Wings put the puck in the 2 or 3 open nets, the score would have better reflected how they played.

I’m not the only one thinking that way either, Tom Renney, with a bit of juvenilisciousness:

“You have to press the give-a-crap button and put yourself in harm’s way in order to win hockey games,” said head coach Tom Renney, “and Detroit does that with regularity. We went to school tonight.

“Even though we did tie it up, I didn’t see us wanting the game bad enough to go much further. We got outmuscled, outplayed, outworked, outhustled, out-thought. Out-everything by a very good team.”

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 02/09/12 at 10:27 AM ET

Primis's avatar

I feel a bit dirty after that win.  Like we got away with one we maybe shouldn’t have.

*  After not pulling the trigger on this for YEARS now… I’m going to say it:  We need to trade Hudler.  Now.  Not later.  I can’t handle him blowing 3 or 5 golden chances for every 1 he maybe pots anymore…  guy could be a 60-goal scorer if his head was on straight ever.

*  Z hit someone last night.  Hard.  I don’t know the last time that happened.

*  Mule went to the net.  Repeatedly.  Since he obviously reads us here, Hi Johan!

*  The PP is still completely inept, and still taking dumb, low-percentage point shots.  The longer this goes on, the less it falls on the assistants and moreon Babcock himself.

*  The officiating last night was atrocious.  And I’m not saying that from a bias/homer/one-sided standpoint.  They displayed a fundamental lack of understanding for the game & rules of hockey.  And apparently it wasn’t the only game that way… the NHL needs to do something about their officials.

*  I friggin’ love Cory Emmerton.  There’s not anything the kid won’t do.  Even as recent as this past offseason, everyone was saying he probably didn’t have it in him to be an NHLer.  Eff that…he’s going to be a reason why we can keep the younger kids an extra year or two in GR.  You can’t teach hockey sense, and he has it in loads…

*  I saw Fil get mad at someone on a shift last night and kinda’ chase him down, and play with ill-humor for the next shift or so.  I liked it.

* Another fight.  I got curious and went to hockeyfights.com to look it up.  Did you know the Wings are no longer 30th in Fighting Majors?  They are 28th as of yesterday (ahead of PHX and MTL), and I don’t know if that was before or after last night’s tilt.  I want to see Abdelkader doing that dirty work, not a d-man (even if it is Commodore).

*  Ericsson delenda est.

Posted by Primis on 02/09/12 at 10:40 AM ET

redxblack's avatar

I missed the LB, but the final score was a poor indicator of the game. The wings had so many open nets and absolute domination for so much of the game, but they failed to shut the door. If I’m Babcock, I’m invoking the Alec Baldwin character from Glenngary Glennross. Coffee is for closers.

Ericsson has been a disappointment all season, but this had to have been his worst game. That’s saying a lot, I know. The first oil goal was because Errorsson was standing around looking slackjawed after Cleary was hit into the door. He’s pretty brainless. There’s no good reason (and about 3 million bad reasons) why he’s even on the ice. Brendan Smith should get his place. I wish they’d healthy scratch him a few times.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 02/09/12 at 11:04 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 02/09/12 at 08:04 AM ET

Smith should play instead of Ericsson and Commodore.  Always.  Smith is already better than the both of them combined.

Honestly, I wonder if Babcock isn’t holding a grudge against Smith for getting suspended.  I’ve wondered that for a while.  Before the season all the talk was about how he was going to get good chances to show his stuff, then he got suspended… and Babcock has had no interest in him whatsoever since.  There ha sbene no chance given him.

He’s apparently not one of “Babcock’s Guys” now, and we all know how THAT goes.  We’ve seen that soap opera time and time again.

Posted by Primis on 02/09/12 at 12:39 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Primis on 02/09/12 at 09:39 AM ET

Spot on. We have a talented D-man in Smith.  What has he done to be kept off the roster? He is a proven tough guy, and, doesn’t Uncle Mike have a penchant for the ugly, dirty(but legal), Canadian type?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/09/12 at 12:52 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Z hit someone last night.  Hard.  I don’t know the last time that happened.

Last time it happened he got 5 and a game.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/09/12 at 01:04 PM ET