Abel to Yzerman

Go West…

... young (old) man (men), a large portion of whom will likely not be awake for this one.

So Khan(!) states, unequivocally, that Western Canuckistan has been kind to the Wings. In fact, he's so comfortable with the statement that you don't have to read any further on the page to find it - it's right there, in the opening sentence. Go ahead, look.

No, it's cool, I'll wait. See?

Well I'm glad he's confident, because I sure as Detroit am not; Vancouver's riding a 4-game winning streak, and the Wings... well, the Wings are doing almost the exact opposite of that going winless in their last 4. I mean, yeah, they've gotten points in 2 of those, but who's counting? Calgary (5-4-1) and WInnipeg (5-7-2) are only 2 points back of Detroit (albeit in the wrong Conference), and Edmonton - oh, Edmonton - is one of those teams that'll lull you into a false sense of security, and when you're least expec -- BAM!! Surprise buttsecks. No lube. No happy ending. Just shame.

But first thing's first: Time to take care of some Swedish twins. Why? Because Cousin Red is here, lingering head cold and all, filling in for The Master Chief... and it sure as shit looks like a Live Blog to me, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›      Next »

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Darn those Svenska pojkarna…Grattis Kate på Födelsedagen !!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/30/13 at 11:07 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Darn those Svenska pojkarna…Grattis Kate på Födelsedagen !!

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/30/13 at 11:07 PM ET

Dammit..lemme go find my babelfish

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 11:08 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Darn those Svenska pojkarna…Grattis Kate på Födelsedagen !!

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/30/13 at 11:07 PM

Easy for you to say. cheese

Posted by calquake on 10/30/13 at 11:08 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Well, yeah. Two minutes.

Dafuq?

Is Lashoff injured or something? He hasn’t been on the ice any, if at all… I’ve seen WAY too much Quincey.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 11:08 PM ET

What the hell, man? The Wings can actually hang on to the puck in the offensive zone this game, but how many real good scoring chances have there been?

Eventually the Nucks get the puck and it’s just a goddamn funnel right to our net.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 10/30/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Cringing.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 11:09 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

red face

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/30/13 at 11:10 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Darn those Svenska pojkarna…Grattis Kate på Födelsedagen !!

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/30/13 at 11:07 PM ET

I’m going to guess that “pojkarna” isn’t a nice word, and the rest of that said “Congrats Kate on your Birthday!!” ?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 11:10 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Is Lashoff injured or something? He hasn’t been on the ice any, if at all

1:24 as of the commercial break, DK has just over 7 for comparison.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/30/13 at 11:10 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Lets Go Red Wings..Clap Clap Clap…!!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/30/13 at 11:11 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

I’ve seen WAY too much Quincey.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/30/13 at 11:08 PM ET

I want to pay Gordon Ramsay to yell at him for a week.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/13 at 11:11 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Pojkarna = Boys Otherwise you where spot on.. Go Red Wings !!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/30/13 at 11:12 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

I want to pay Gordon Ramsay to yell at him for a week.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/13 at 11:11 PM ET

I’d rather him just write a cookbook entitled How to serve Kyle Quincey and have KFQ just “disappear.”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 11:13 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Pojkarna = Boys Otherwise you where spot on.. Go Red Wings !!!

Posted by Gary Bettman SUCK from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/30/13 at 11:12 PM ET

Hey, neat—if it’s got a Latin alphabet, you can fudge your way through it. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 11:14 PM ET

Norskirama's avatar

KFQ?  Kentucky Fried Quincey?

Posted by Norskirama from Lincoln, Nebraska on 10/30/13 at 11:14 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Weak call.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 11:15 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Smith lacks maturity

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 10/30/13 at 11:15 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Someone shot Daniel Sedin!

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 10/30/13 at 11:16 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I admit, I laughed when Smith crosschecked Sedin. Still stupid.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/30/13 at 11:16 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Smith is an a$$hole.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 11:16 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

For those of you using chrome….I just found an autorefresh extension that makes A2Y flow pretty nice.  Just google chrome auto refresh and get the third one that pops up ...Auto-Reload

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 11:17 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Ozzie,” Can I call Smith stupid?”

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 11:18 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

*#$%@& Smith.

Normally I don’t like to say things like, “I could play X better than Y,” but come the *#$%@& on.

(If you hadn’t noticed, I’ve switched to straight whisky)

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 11:18 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Smith needs to sit. Give someone else a chance to do better.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 11:19 PM ET

calquake's avatar

(If you hadn’t noticed, I’ve switched to straight whisky)

Yeah, I hate the gay kind. cheese

Posted by calquake on 10/30/13 at 11:19 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Howard City, MI on 10/30/13 at 11:17 PM ET

Also, if you’re not using Chrome for my GDTs, you should be… it’s the only browser than renders the page properly. wink

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 11:20 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Yeah, I hate the gay kind.

Posted by calquake on 10/30/13 at 11:19 PM ET

It’s a mouth-full, that’s for sure.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 11:20 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

It’s a mouth-full, that’s for sure.

Posted by RedMenace from Team Slovaskimo Fighting Snipers on 10/30/13 at 11:20 PM ET

That’s what she said…

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/13 at 11:21 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

(If you hadn’t noticed, I’ve switched to straight whisky)

Yeah, I hate the gay kind.

Posted by calquake on 10/30/13 at 11:19 PM ET

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 11:21 PM ET

Bent's avatar

(If you hadn’t noticed, I’ve switched to straight whisky)

I’ve polished off a bottle of wine.  It helps.  Wings played better this period and are still down.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/30/13 at 11:22 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Smith’s interview in a nutshell: “I’m just repeating everything the coaching staff told me was good to do.”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 11:23 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Some of my best friends are gay.  No, really, they are some of the nicest, kind people I know.

Posted by calquake on 10/30/13 at 11:26 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Okay, just saw the replay on the Canucklehead’s goal… THE *#$%@& was KFQ doing?!

“Sure, yeah, I’ll cover the guy that just passed the puck and also already has a guy covering him—THAT seems like a GREAT idea.”

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 11:28 PM ET

Trish's avatar

Hey, how y’all doin?  And where is that tarbender?

Case you didn’t know, this is how pumpkin pies are made:

Posted by Trish from Tampa/Clearwater FL on 10/30/13 at 11:33 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by calquake on 10/30/13 at 11:26 PM ET

I hear ya Quake. We are all Earthlings. We all bleed red.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 11:34 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 10/30/13 at 11:33 PM ET

Oh Trish… bee-have!  tongue laugh

Posted by calquake on 10/30/13 at 11:35 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

Let’s Go Red Wings clap.. Clap.. Clap.. !!!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 10/30/13 at 11:36 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

We all bleed red.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 11:34 PM ET

And everyone - black, white, tan, gay, straight, male, female, or other - can be an ASS. HOLE.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 10/30/13 at 11:37 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by Trish from PalmBeachCntyFL on 10/30/13 at 11:33 PM ET

Nice dish. Trish.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/30/13 at 11:37 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Thank you for pointing that out…and providing an example. cheese

Posted by calquake on 10/30/13 at 11:40 PM ET