Abel to Yzerman

Get Your Season Tickets

What do you think of this?

added 3:05pm,

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

Paul's avatar

The Wings have been very good of keeping all Yzerman talk to a minimum.

I can’t imagine they will allow this to continue or even knew it was happening.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/21/19 at 01:43 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I wonder if it’s more like a potential customer says, “I’ll buy if Yzerman joins the org” and the rep says, “well that is a possibility”.

There’s no way in heck the reps are given a script including Yzerman.  Just no way.  They’ve done a great job being quiet about the whole thing.

Posted by TreKronor on 03/21/19 at 01:50 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Good point TK.

Just hope they are not using it as a sales pitch at Krupa points out.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/21/19 at 01:51 PM ET

Yeah these people are good at their jobs, I doubt they are outright saying it. I think Tre’s point is probably the most likely case. I mean if they get asked what are they supposed to say? They don’t know one way or another so use the word “possibility” because… it’s not wrong, no matter what happens.

Posted by tmoore4075 on 03/21/19 at 01:54 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Regardless, it’s certainly going to be an interesting next few months with the Yzerman talk.  If they get booted early in the playoffs (doubtful) I imagine it will be all over the news.  If they go deep in the playoffs, I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s in the news because things tend to get slow the last couple rounds with only 2 or 4 teams playing.

Posted by TreKronor on 03/21/19 at 01:54 PM ET

Tripwire32's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/21/19 at 01:43 PM ET

I’m not so sure. The past number of years they’ve (illitch conglomerate, LLC) been peddling in vagaries and hope, but no real promises or follow through; and this would just a continuation along that vein. I’m curious what’s actually being advertised.

Posted by Tripwire32 from Kay He Mar Heart on 03/21/19 at 01:54 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

I’m curious what’s actually being advertised.

Posted by Tripwire32 from Kay He Mar Heart on 03/21/19 at 01:54 PM ET

Take one for the team - call and find out!!!

Posted by TreKronor on 03/21/19 at 01:56 PM ET

Tripwire32's avatar

Take one for the team - call and find out!!!
Posted by TreKronor on 03/21/19 at 01:56 PM ET

you got LOLZ

Posted by Tripwire32 from Kay He Mar Heart on 03/21/19 at 01:58 PM ET

Haven’t had season tickets in my name since the last year at the Joe (went in with 3 other couples last year, skipped this year) but they still call me occasionally. Will have to pick up and listen to the pitch for a change.

Posted by MZ2215 on 03/21/19 at 02:00 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

This sounds exactly like something Chris Illitch would green light.

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 03/21/19 at 02:01 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Don’t buy, gonna need to see some proof this is happening, and is not just a rumor, or 1 employee or 3rd party commission rep trying to get a spiff on a sale, and spinning speculation.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerGod's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 03/21/19 at 02:09 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 03/21/19 at 02:

Amen Murray!

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/21/19 at 02:15 PM ET

Have to believe that the league would put a stop to this if real.

Posted by Ventr on 03/21/19 at 02:52 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Yup

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 03/21/19 at 03:06 PM ET

duhduhduh's avatar

Yup

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 03/21/19 at 03:06 PM ET

And spend some time in the lovely District Det…  er. LCA!

Posted by duhduhduh on 03/21/19 at 03:55 PM ET

After 15 years, I told them two weeks ago I would not be renewing my season tickets.  Never was there a mention of Yzerman.  I did however receive an overdue notice in the mail yesterday from them for $3500, as a partial payment on next season.  So I’ve got that going for me lol.

Posted by murph1jj on 03/21/19 at 04:26 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Rumor mill that people eat up.  No such thing happening.

Posted by RWBill on 03/21/19 at 04:39 PM ET

Paul's avatar

I would agree with you RWB and would have not even posted it if it came from someone I am not familiar with, but Krupa knows his was around and I could not see him posting something without some type of verification.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/21/19 at 04:45 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Pierre McGuire mentions Steve Yzerman going to Detroit this summer

17:15 mark

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 03/21/19 at 05:44 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

A good marketing ploy by the front office as long as they say Yzerman coming back to Detroit is a “Possibilty”, and stick to that idea. smile

Posted by bigfrog on 03/21/19 at 07:18 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

If the sales people are even suggesting that Stevie could possibly come back as part of the initial sales pitch, then that’s really super dodgy at best, if not something the league may look into (as he’s under contract elsewhere til July). But if some ppl are asking about it and sales ppl are then saying it’s a possibility, then it’s not even a newsworthy thing.

Posted by Steeb on 03/21/19 at 07:40 PM ET