Abel to Yzerman

GDT - WCQF Game 5: Red Wings (2-2) at Ducks (2-2) 10:00

One way or the other, DET will be playing again at the JLA on Friday.  And for one team or the other, Fridays game will be an elimination game.

It'd be better if ANA was facing elimination.  But, considering as neither team has managed to put together back-to-back wins, that'll be challenging.

LGRW

FINAL REGULAR SEASON RECORD:

DET:  48 GP,  24-16-8,  56 pts, (7 in Conf, 3 in Central), 124 GF, 115 GA, Last 10 5-2-3,  WON 4

ANA:  48 GP,  30-12-6,  66 pts, (2 in Conf, 1 in Pacific), 140 GF, 118 GA,  Last 10 5-4-1, LOST 1

DET Road:  11-9-4 (10)

ANA Home:  16-7-1 (7)

REGULAR SEASON TEAM STATISTICS:

DET:  0.583 point% (14), 2.54 G/G (20), 2.29 GA/G (5), 1.10 5-5 F/A (7), 18.4 PP% (15), 81.7 PK% (12), 30.1 S/G (10), 27.5 SA/G (7), 50.8 FO% (10)

ANA:  0.688 point% (3), 2.79 G/G (8), 2.40 GA/G (11), 1.28 5-5 F/A (5), 21.5 PP% (4), 81.5 PK% (13) 28.1 S/G (21), 27.9 SA/G (9), 47.5 FO% (26)

Goal Differential/Game:

DET = +0.25

ANA =  +0.39

PLAYOFF TEAM STATISTICS:

DET:  0.500 point% (9), 2.25 G/G (10), 3.25 GA/G (11), 0.83 5-5 F/A (10), 23.5 PP% (5), 72.2 PK% (13), 31.5 S/G (8), 30.2 SA/G (6), 52.0 FO% (5)

ANA:  0.500 point% (7), 3.25 G/G (6), 2.25 GA/G (7), 1.20 5-5 F/A (7), 27.8 PP% (4), 76.5 PK% (12) 30.2 S/G (11), 31.5 SA/G (9), 48.0 FO% (12)

PLAYOFF PLAYER STATS:

DET:

Helm, Darren  Back injury  injured reserve
Miller, Drew  Broken right hand  remainder of the regular season

ANA:

Lydman, Toni  Head injury  day-to-day

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday was a travel day.  No news until the morning skate.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous        < 1 2

klank's avatar

Octopus Surprise Mug

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/08/13 at 12:18 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

maybe I’ll spend this evening how I spent yesterday evening…inhaling drywall dust.  that should take the edge off.

That’s one way to get better at taping and mudding.
I’d rather do the ‘rock work than the painting though.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/08/13 at 12:23 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Is it 7pm yet?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 05/08/13 at 09:37 AM ET

Looking forward to that, so there will only be 3 more hours to wait!! smile  smile

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/08/13 at 12:27 PM ET

Primis's avatar

If DET can survive the first 10:00 tonight, they’ll have a great chance.

Posted by Primis on 05/08/13 at 12:44 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I’m avoiding roster and GM discussions until the Wings playoff run is over, this July.

Meanwhile, hoping the Wings can stun the Ducks at the Pond.  The boys are playing hard and resilient enough to overcome the several goals let in by nervous miscues and getting in each others way.

Almost fun being the underdog.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 05/08/13 at 12:47 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Thanks Jeff, your posts are appreciated!

And thanks 19+ for your posts, always interesting, and sometimes amusing!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/08/13 at 12:54 PM ET

sometimes amusing!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 05/08/13 at 01:54 PM ET

“...sometimes…” she says.  Pshaw…  wink

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/08/13 at 01:01 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

SYF I didn’t mean it that way.  I just meant that I don’t personally know the name of too many of the refs, or which ones are more likely to screw us.

to me, it just kind of feels like we always get screwed.

The point of paying big money to a goalie is that you don’t have to have the three forwards and two defensemen on the ice also playing goalie.

wow, thanks Garth I had no idea that’s how it works.  of course, if they play better as forwards and defensemen…it helps the team actually win.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/13 at 01:06 PM ET

Copy that, PaulIMB.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/08/13 at 01:10 PM ET

gowings's avatar

“Something tells me we wont see Fleury again unless the Pens make it to the 2nd round, which I think they do as soon as Vokoun jumps in there… didn’t he put together some good games as NSHs goalie against us in playoffs awhile back???”

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/13 at 10:44 AM ET

nooooo, I want Fleury in…...I would just LOVE it if the birds get defeated by the Islanders….it won’t happen….but hey, I can still dream! smile

Posted by gowings from MTL on 05/08/13 at 01:19 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Good day y’all. It’s gonna take some extra java to stay the course. The only down side to staying up for the late games is I feel hung-over the next day. And that is without benefit of alcohol.

Like RWBill, I too will avoid roster or GM discussions. We work with what we have, and, hopefully, what we have will work.

Can hardly wait till 7:00+3:00. rolleyes

Thanks OKie.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/08/13 at 02:09 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Khan Tweets:

Babcock said Samuelsson will start on top line and then see how it goes. No lineup changes. . .

Same power play units: 40-13-93, 55-24 on 1st; 14-51-11, 4-37 on 2nd. Wings had one power play last game. Ducks had three. . .

No changes on defense based on this skate: 55-52, 27-2, 23-4. . .

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/08/13 at 02:47 PM ET

No changes on defense based on this skate: 55-52, 27-2, 23-4. . .

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 22 on 05/08/13 at 03:47 PM ET

Thanks, Jeff.  Glad to see Jesus Lashoff getting more and more confident in the playoffs.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/08/13 at 02:49 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I won’t be in the LB tonight.  I’m recording the game and will watch tomorrow morning.  So…  keep the faith, 19, and I hope you have fun tonight watching a convincing Red Wings win.

I believe.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/08/13 at 02:58 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by

PaulinMiamiBeach

on 05/08/13 at 02:06 PM ET

No way Big PIMBin’, there are definitely refs who you know we’re going to get screwed by.  Watson is a BIG one.  That *#$%@& must have a blood feud with someone on the Wings.  Every check on the wall is boarding, every stick check is a hook, hip checks are tripping.

I like SYF’s posts so I can prepare myself to be screwed in the ass.  Lube it up.

And MO, I’m the complete opposite.  I’d rather paint anyday than mud.  I’d rather hang sheet rock over both.  If I’m being completely honest, I’d rather supervise regardless.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/08/13 at 03:16 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by SYF from the Flood on 05/08/13 at 03:49 PM ET

“Nobody fuchs with da Jesus”

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/08/13 at 03:18 PM ET

HTO, I can’t take credit for “Jesus Lashoff.”  That’s square on bezukov and I loved it so much, I had to keep pushing for it.

“Nobody fuchs with da Jesus”

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/08/13 at 04:18 PM ET

THAT’s exactly why.  wink

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/08/13 at 03:23 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Very tired of the Cleary/Samuelson hate. I’ll be happy to tell you what they bring to the table. Cleary for the past 10 games now has started to look like his old self and has clearly elevated his game for the playoffs. He is attacking the puck carrier aggressively and going to the net with regularity. On top of that he is jumping towards rebounds and always attempting to make a play. He doesn’t always succed but the guy has heart, always has, and he’s found it again recently. Samuelson on the other hand is more offensively talented than abdelkader or tootoo. We all like to joke about his accuracy from the point, but that shot has found twine before and he’s a good passer and has decent hands. I was happier with our top line last night than I have been in some time. /end rant

Posted by Yzersyuk on 05/08/13 at 03:31 PM ET

FranzensMouthguard's avatar

For those of you who play NHL 13….

They updated the live rosters and added Bertuzzi, and…. wait for it… DARREN HELM to the roster.

Posted by FranzensMouthguard from Chicago, IL on 05/08/13 at 03:33 PM ET

HTO.Inbox.Pronto.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/08/13 at 03:38 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

so the moral of the story is…

I should have invited MO and HO over to fix my ceiling for me…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/13 at 03:41 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

so tell me MO and HO…

was cutting the hole square(ish) and screwing a piece of drywall into it (which took much trial and error to get to fit right) and then covering it over with joint compound an acceptable fix?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/13 at 03:46 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

PIMB, did you widen it enough to screw the patch on the sides or just in the middle?

As long as it looks good you can’t go wrong, It’s not load bearing and not a big enough piece of sheet rock to sag.  I’d say you’re safe, I’d have done it the same way.

Is that above the area where you watch the Wings by chance?

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/08/13 at 04:05 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

haha no it’s below my upstairs neighbor’s toilet.  had similar damage in the other bathroom but a much much smaller hole so I fixed that first as practice.

I cut “tabs” on both ends of the drywall so I could secure the ends to those cross-beams.

seems pretty solid.  my only worry is the moisture from the shower having ill-effects on the joint compound over time….

by the way.  that frigging Dremel is the best “power tool” I ever bought.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/13 at 04:07 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/13 at 10:44 AM ET

Posted by gowings from MTL on 05/08/13 at 02:19 PM ET

Posted by pgoody on 05/08/13 at 04:24 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

This video is fantastic:

Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby, Chris Osgood & Larry Murphy surprise two local “Beer League” teams for a game of a lifetime.

You’ll laugh your ass off at Murph’s comments.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/08/13 at 04:30 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

gee I wonder why Murph couldn’t see anything.

and now we all know how Osgood would have done as a skater.  yikes.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 05/08/13 at 04:36 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Geebus Ozzie, put on some pads or something.

Apparently all those years on the ice with Lidstrom and Ozzie didn’t learn a thing.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 05/08/13 at 04:43 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

This video is fantastic:

You’ll laugh your ass off at Murph’s comments.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 22 on 05/08/13 at 05:30 PM ET

Thanks Jeff. Fuching awesome group of Red Wings. Fantastic for sure.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/08/13 at 04:44 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

This video is fantastic:

You’ll laugh your ass off at Murph’s comments.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 22 on 05/08/13 at 05:30 PM ET

good stuff LOL

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 05/08/13 at 04:45 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

tick…tick…four hours and counting…tick…tick…

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/08/13 at 05:08 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by
          SYF

from the Flood on 05/08/13 at 04:38 PM ET

You inglorious dirty bastard.  I can feel my inner Hudler rustling to life.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/08/13 at 05:12 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Posted by

PaulinMiamiBeach

on 05/08/13 at 05:07 PM ET

+19 on the dremel love.

That fact that’s below your neighbors toilet is.. disconcerting…  talk about a power dump.

You can put a coat of semi-gloss over it and that should protect it from shower moisture.  If you only paint the patch though you’ll be able to tell.  If you want it to look like it never happened, I’d paint the whole bathroom ceiling.  Should only take a quart or so.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 05/08/13 at 05:16 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

This video is fantastic:

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 22 on 05/08/13 at 05:30 PM ET

Awesome!

Wings Rock!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 05/08/13 at 05:39 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Chris in hockey hell- Dougie is a top notch host, I’m sure he would be a great guest as well.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 05/08/13 at 05:40 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Patching a textured ceiling will always show as a patch PMB. Its a popcorn finish, yes?
If it is… strip it all and spray the whole thing.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/08/13 at 06:03 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

This video is fantastic:

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 22 on 05/08/13 at 05:30 PM ET

That was great!  Thanks, Okie!  I can’t see anything now!

cool smile

I want my Murph back!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/08/13 at 06:08 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

If it is… strip it all and spray the whole thing.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/08/13 at 07:03 PM ET

I concur.  You can maybe get the texture close but you’ll never get the color right.  good thing is you can get those spraycans of ceiling texture paint splatter stuff at Menards for pretty cheap.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/08/13 at 06:30 PM ET

Octopus Surprise Mug