Abel to Yzerman

GDT - Game 44: Red Wings (20-16-7) at Canucks (24-13-7) 10:00

3-5-2

Fading down the stretch, or is it disappearing?

No passengers tonight, or no chance at all for 22, none.

Dreams of the playoffs are slipping away.

SEASON RECORD:

DET:  43 GP,  20-16-7,  47 pts, (9 in Conf, 4 in Central), 108 GF, 110 GA, Last 10 3-5-2,  LOST 1

VAN:  44 GP,  24-13-7,  55 pts, (3 in Conf, 1 in Northwest), 119 GF, 109 GA,  Last 10 5-4-1,  LOST 1

DET Road:  10-9-3 (11)

VAN Home:  13-5-3 (8)

TEAM STATISTICS:

DET:  0.547point% (16), 2.46 G/G (23), 2.46 GA/G (11), 1.00 5-5 F/A (18), 17.6 PP% (16), 80.7 PK% (20), 29.7 S/G (12), 28.2 SA/G (10), 50.5 FO% (12)

VAN:  0.625 point% (7), 2.61 G/G (14), 2.34 GA/G (6), 1.12 5-5 F/A (9), 14.8 PP% (26), 84.1 PK% (8), 28.3 S/G (19), 28.7 SA/G (14), 47.5 FO% (26)

Goal Differential/Game:

Bieksa, Kevin  Lower body injury  day-to-day
Booth, David  Left ankle injury  injured reserve
Higgins, Chris  Lower body injury  sidelined indefinitely
Malhotra, Manny  Eye injury  injured reserve
Tanev, Chris  Leg injury  sidelined

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Babcock said he will decide on any potential lineup changes after Saturday's morning skate. Here are the lines and defense pairings they skated with Friday:

Johan Franzen-Pavel Datsyuk-Justin Abdelkader

Valtteri Filppula-Henrik Zetterberg-Daniel Cleary

Gustav Nyquist-Joakim Andersson-Damien Brunner

Drew Miller-Cory Emmerton-Patrick Eaves/Jordin Tootoo

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Kyle Quincey-Brendan Smith

Danny DeKeyser-Jakub Kindl

Carlo Colaiacovo/Ian White/Brian Lashoff rotated as the fourth pair.

Jimmy Howard

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

RorSchach's avatar

Thanks, Okie.

I’ll be attending the Hickory Hops Fest here in Hickory NC today. 40 different micro breweries are going to be there.. I’ll be nice and loaded up for the game tonight. I feel that I’ll need it.

That being said.. Go Wings..? If then even show to play, that is.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/20/13 at 09:05 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Whatever it takes.  The point of playing is to make the playoffs. After that, it is anybody’s game. I’m all in.

Thanks OKie.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/20/13 at 09:13 AM ET

monkey's avatar

And my alcoholic brother just needs to stop drinking. Sorry, that’s not changing the narrative much, is it?

You don’t have any frame of reference, Dougie.  Your brother is not the issue.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/20/13 at 09:49 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Hops Fest and I’m not there?

This is our golden opportunity tonight.  Chance to cash in on our games in hand on CBJ and Dallas.

We have to move ahead of Dallas in points as they have ROW advantage.

Not too much pressure.  Another 10 pm game what with the Tigers already being out there for a week and a Tiger suckfest at the plate last night.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/20/13 at 11:06 AM ET

I’ve been debating in my head the facts that Quincey just looks bad out there all the time and does nothing to help the Wings, in comparison to the fact that Lashoff is a minus 10. While Quincey is easily a scapegoat for our Defense and our 2nd pairing, I don’t agree with him being a mainstay especially considering his play since his return from injury. His cage clearly obstructs his view of his feet and the puck when it is there, he is less confident, and seems like he is only playing at about 80% of possible. And while Lashoff seemingly doesn’t offer much in the offensive game from a D-Man, and his +/- isn’t what we would like it to be, I think he would be a much needed improvement. Our problem scoring goals isn’t because our D-men don’t score, and although Lash doesn’t score, he is a kid, plays balls to the walls because he is earning his spot, and might help stop some goals. Us scoring is on our Forwards, and there is planty to be said there as well. But 6 Defensemen with;
Kronwall - Kindl at the top
Ericcson - Lashoff
Smith - Dekeyser

that looks a whole lot better than when you have the people like Colo, White and Q in there.

At FW - I seriously see no reason why Tatar isn’t up. we can’t score, he scores goals. Cleary is a waste of space, cannot recieve a pass, doesn’t know what offsides or icing is, turns over the puck like its his job, and then half skates back into his own zone.

Abes - Pavs - Hank
Franzen - Flip - Brun
Nyquist - Andy - Tatar
Miller - Emm - Tootoo

Time to make the playoffs and score some goals, not time to be nice to a player who benefitted from being on the right line on the right team for the last 5 years. Its sports, its the effing Stanley Cup, its not personal.

Babs needs to go.
Holland needs to make trades for people like Bobby Ryan or Phil Kessel or a top 2 D-man.
we don’t make it, it isn’t because we didn’t have the talent, its because the players gave up, didn’t come through in the end, and management and coaching did nothing to help by adding players, by sitting players and by not letting the kids who actually have energy and are playing for their livelihood a chance to prove themselves by scoring goals, working the corners and shooting from the slot.

Posted by Munnster9 on 04/20/13 at 11:11 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Holy Cow I’ve got to attend that next year.  How far of a drive from Tobaccoville, NC is that?  I could prestage on Friday night at my daughter’s house in NW Winston-Salem.  Hickory sounds like a pretty cool place.  I did not know there were so many breweries in NC.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/20/13 at 11:37 AM ET

dougie's avatar

You don’t have any frame of reference, Dougie.

I got your frame of reference swinging right here.

Posted by dougie on 04/20/13 at 11:40 AM ET

dougie's avatar

How far of a drive from Tobaccoville, NC

To my cabin, 45 minutes. To Hickory, ‘bout an hour. There are soooo many brewpubs opening up, you can go to a new one every 2 weeks. If you are in Winston, Foothills brewery has 4 or 5 IPAs, one called Hoppiyum which is both hoppy and yummy, and an Imperial that you better be where you want to spend the night, if you drink more than 2.

Just get in, boys. That just doesn’t roll off the tongue, and I hope I don’t have to get used to saying it.

Posted by dougie on 04/20/13 at 11:48 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Valtteri Filppula-Henrik Zetterberg-Daniel Cleary

Damn! Uncle Mike must really be pissed at Hank. Poor guy

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/20/13 at 11:48 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

So Cleary is hot because he got an assist when Wally coughs up the puck and Ass scores on a d-man’s mistake? WTF We are in trouble with a capital t. Not out of it ,but must take atvantage of the Canuckleheads and the 3 game homestand. If we can’t take care of business, we don’t deserve to go to the prom dance.

Thanks as always to Okie and RW the best stats men a fake friend can have. wink

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 04/20/13 at 12:27 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I got your frame of reference swinging right here.

Posted by dougie on 04/20/13 at 12:40 PM ET

That takes me back aboot 45 years. wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/20/13 at 12:34 PM ET

‘Ello, Jeff.  Thanks for the GDT, Sir.

Fading down the stretch, or is it disappearing?

No passengers tonight, or no chance at all for 22, none.

The truth has been spoken.

Referees:
Stephen Walkom (24)  <————————
Brad Watson (23)      <————————-

Linesmen:
Thor Nelson (80)
Brad Lazarowich (86)

Holy Mother of Mercy…

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/20/13 at 01:08 PM ET

Won’t be in the LB tonight, 19.  Family’s in town from the East Coast.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 04/20/13 at 01:10 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Will be watching on DVR tonight.  Prom night here for my kiddo.

All that matters is a win.  Doesn’t matter how.  Just WIN!  LGRW!!!!!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/20/13 at 02:28 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

That takes me back aboot 45 years.
Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!
Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/20/13 at 01:34 PM ET

That’s almost 60 decades.

Prom night here for my kiddo.
Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/20/13 at 03:28 PM ET

What?  Another reminder that time goes by fast.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/20/13 at 03:34 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by dougie on 04/20/13 at 12:48 PM ET

Thanks for the good info.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/20/13 at 03:35 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

As soon as I start bragging up the Tigers they look like Lakeland single A team going against a MLB team.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 04/20/13 at 03:36 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

You don’t have any frame of reference, Dougie.  Your brother is not the issue.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/20/13 at 10:49 AM ET

You’re like a little kid wandering into the middle of a movie!!  The Chinaman! is NOT the issue!

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/20/13 at 04:45 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Head’s up. If’n I am still upright for the game, imma be obnoxious. Already had to call for a ride home from the brewpub at 5 pm.

Funny thing, I had two employees fist fighting in my shop this week, and a long time customer bounce an $8200 check on me, hey, not a problem. Business as usual.

Wings might miss the playoffs? WTF? I have no frame of reference. This cannot be.

Just get in. Goddammit.

Posted by dougie on 04/20/13 at 05:06 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

If’n I am still upright for the game, imma be obnoxious.

Posted by dougie on 04/20/13 at 06:06 PM ET

As opposed to obnoxious, Whore-style? tongue wink

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/20/13 at 06:44 PM ET

dougie's avatar

As opposed to obnoxious, Whore-style?

You saw Lisa , the butterface, smash a wineglass and shout “C’mon , Doug, let’s drink some liquor” in front of my wife and 75 other people 15 minutes before the wedding/civil ceremony I participated in last weekend started??

Posted by dougie on 04/20/13 at 07:13 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Bill.. the Fest was totally EPIC. They had three bands playing. There were 40 breweries there were around. I believe that 4 were from out of state. And you wanna talk about the titties and ass hanging all out.. oh yes. Well worth the 35 dollars to get in. I even got a Sierra Nevada bar towel as a gift. Most successful and the beer was killer.

I’m nice and loaded up and ready for the game. Bring it Wings.. or I’ll just royally be pissed with y’all.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/20/13 at 07:19 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Wings might miss the playoffs? WTF? I have no frame of reference.

I know how you feel.  I was thinking about this earlier- I don’t remember them not making the playoffs.  I haven’t been a fan that long.  I was 13 and didn’t care about hockey at the time.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/20/13 at 07:36 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I am 27, almost 28 years old. So for as long I can remember.. going back 21 years.. All I know is playoff hockey. I don’t want things to change either. But.. At some point, all good things come to an end. I just prefer this not to. I Bleed two things.. Red Wings Hockey.. and Michigan Football. It’s all I know, sports wise. I can thank my father for that. And it will always be this way.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/20/13 at 07:38 PM ET

monkey's avatar

“C’mon , Doug, let’s drink some liquor”

Rum for everyone!

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 04/20/13 at 07:52 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Wings might miss the playoffs? WTF? I have no frame of reference.

Posted by monkey from Fear and Loathing on 04/20/13 at 08:36 PM ET

You don’t EVER want to know what it’s like to miss the playoffs. I’ve been to the Dark Side. FUCH that!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/20/13 at 07:54 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I hear you Kate. My Father said it’s times that I don’t want to be a part of. I’ll take his word for it.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/20/13 at 07:56 PM ET