Abel to Yzerman

GDT - Game 37: Red Wings (18-13-5) at Coyotes (15-15-6) 10:00

DET are at the 3/4 pole, and with 12 games left in the season the 18-13-5 Wings are 7th in the WC.  The good news is DET are only 3 pts behind 4th place VAN, the bad news is that DET are only 3 pts ahead of 10th place NSH.

The schedule makers must really love the Wings.  In the final three weeks of the season, DET play 5 at home and 7 road contests, three back-to-backs (counting PHX/COL), and have a 4 game road trip.  Special, isn't it?

Hard times, bitches; hard times.

SEASON RECORD:

DET:  36 GP,  18-13-5,  41 pts, (7 in Conf, 2 in Central), 94 GF, 94 GA, Last 10 6-4-0,  WON 1

PHX:  36 GP,  15-15-6,  36 pts, (12 in Conf, 4 in Pacific), 97 GF, 102 GA, Last 10 2-5-3,  WON 1

DET ROAD:  8-7-2 (11)

PHX HOME:  11-7-1 (18)

TEAM STATISTICS:

DET:  0.569 point% (12), 2.56 G/G (19), 2.56 GA/G (12), 1.05 5-5 F/A (11), 17.6 PP% (17), 78.6 PK% (24), 29.3 S/G (14), 28.2 SA/G (11), 51.4 FO% (6)

PHX:  0.500 point% (22), 2.61 G/G (18), 2.72 GA/G (18), 0.97 5-5 F/A (18), 15.3 PP% (23), 83.1 PK% (9), 30.6 S/G (7), 29.8 SA/G (20), 52.7 FO% (3)

Goal Differential/Game:

C Andy Miele 1 0 0 0 1  9:02

PHX Goalies:

Jason LaBarbera 13,  3-5-2,  2.48,  0.924
Mike Smith 26,  11-10-3,  2.83,  0.901

THE HOCKEY NEWS - TOTT:

DET - HOT:

Johan Franzen  9 pts in last 9 GP,  seriously.

DET - NOT HOT:

PHX:

Korpikoski, Lauri  Upper body injury  day-to-day
Michalek, Zbynek  Lower body injury  injured reserve
Smith, Mike  Upper body injury  injured reserve

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khan tweets from Wednesday practice,  Jimmy in net:

Wings skating with these lines: 51-40-11, 8-13-93, 14-63-20, 17-25-22. Bertuzzi skating with top six. Samuelsson had left the ice.
All 8 D are on ice, the 6 who played Monday plus Quincey and DeKeyser. Lashoff expected to join team in Phoenix.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 >       Next »

bezukov's avatar

You guys ready?

Thanks Okie!

LGRW!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 04/04/13 at 09:23 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

Babcock had defenseman Danny DeKeyser practice as if he would play tonight.

can’t wait to see the kid.  wonder who they’ll pair him with.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 10:41 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

Not to look too far ahead, but, man, looking at the standings right now…that Wings / Blues match-up Sunday could be monumental, could be The Game of the Season

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/13 at 10:48 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

could be monumental, could be The Game of the Season
Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie on 04/04/13 at 10:48 AM ET

or it could be another 7-1 blowout, depends on which Wings decide to show up.

Posted by Hootinani on 04/04/13 at 11:01 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Bonjour everyone and thanks, Okie!

The original Red Wings schedule had the game on NHL Network tonight, but I just checked my TV channel guide and they are not showing the Wings.  So I won’t be able to see Da Kaiser if he plays.  :(

If I get over my lockout-induced-extra-strong-vitriol-toward-the-NHL by next season, I’ll probably go back to Gamecenter Live and listen to Ken and Paul when the Wings are on NBC.  I’d almost rather pony up to the League than be limited to watching the Wings only when Eddie IcePatch and Company are broadcasting.  raspberry

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/04/13 at 11:02 AM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

don’t waste your money on Gamecenter.  too many blackouts and restrictions.

go to

dubya dubya dubya
hockeystreams
dot com

best streaming site on the planet.  each season it gets better.  I hook my laptop to my TV and it’s darn near full HD.  reliable streams, and they’ve added some features (that users request) such as being able to choose whether you want the home or away feed.

if you’re into OTHER hockey besides the NHL, they have - as far as I can tell - every game on the planet.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 11:04 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 11:04 AM ET

Wow!  Thanks!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/04/13 at 11:08 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 11:04 AM ET

Yep, where there’s a will there’s a way

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/04/13 at 11:28 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

St Louise has 2 games in hand on Detroit.  By the time they finish playing each other Sunday they each will have played 3 games in 4 days, and StL will STILL have 2 games in hand on Detroit, who will only have 9 games remaining.

5 straight road wins put Detroit in a chance to control their own destiny.

The next 6 points are huge.  The next 12 games are huge.

5 Big Western Conference games head to head tonight.

Pucker up, Bitches.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/13 at 11:39 AM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Bonjour all you shitty Red Wings fans.

PMB, you’re a god, thanks for the link.

Coyotes are a good game for Dekeyser to cut his teeth in the NHL.  They’re a bigger team, a working team, not not too goonish, at least not since Jovo-cop left.  Thought the game was last night, pumped I get some Red Wing hockey tonight.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 04/04/13 at 12:04 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

all the Wings have to do is win, and it doesn’t matter what other teams do.  being that this is clearly too much to ask…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 12:14 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 11:04 AM ET

Just be careful about giving them money—they’re not exactly a “legal” carrier of NHL or AHL games, and just because they’re not based in the US doesn’t mean the potential for litigation doesn’t exist.

Also, just win.

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 04/04/13 at 12:22 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

I’ve been using them for like four years now…so it seems like if the NHL were going to do something, they’d have done it by now.  plus the site clearly says the payment is a DONATION grin

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 12:24 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

all the Wings have to do is win

Agreed. If this team really wants to make it 22 years in a row, they’ll do what needs to be done and win consistently. They have the ability, but finishing the last 12 with more Jeckyll & Hyde appearances ain’t gonna cut it.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/04/13 at 12:30 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

who are these Jekyll and Hyde guys you’re talking about?  can they play D?

actually, we could use a dman like this…

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 12:40 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

I’ve been using them for like four years now…

that was all prior to the supreme leader issuing his cyber-security executive order into law. The fall-out from that will soon become realized in various shapes and forms. Hopefully not to the detriment of quality sites like the one you mentioned.

just win

Posted by SnLO from the sub great-white north on 04/04/13 at 01:04 PM ET

G’morning, Jeff.  Thanks for the very welcomed GDT.

The schedule makers must really love the Wings.  In the final three weeks of the season, DET play 5 at home and 7 road contests, three back-to-backs (counting PHX/COL), and have a 4 game road trip.  Special, isn’t it?

Schnarky…reminds me of “Like a Bettman.”

LGRW.

Referees:
Frederick L’Ecuyer (17)    <—————————-
Dan O’Rourke (9)          <—————————-

Linesmen:
Kiel Murchison (79)
Don Henderson (91)

We’re so fuched…

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/04/13 at 01:07 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I think the approach I’ll take is to just give one month’s “donation” at a time.  That way if something happens and they get shut down, I’m not out much.  I checked it out and it is amazing good quality.  (I did discover that if you pay for one month, auto-renew is the default, so I had to turn that off…)  Thanks again, Paul.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/04/13 at 01:07 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

And yeah, just win, fuched up zebras or no.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/04/13 at 01:09 PM ET

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 12:40 PM ET[/fquote]

Yeah, but Tick Tock really likes his team.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/04/13 at 01:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Just win, yes.  If The teams behind us match our wins, only StL can pass us ( games in hand ).

By Sunday night 6 points are available against, currently, non-playoff teams.

Just win those, bitches.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/13 at 01:25 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I’m so excited for tomorrow night’s game and getting to see everyone in person that I have to dial it back a bit for tonight’s game.  Just win, Wings, win!

LGRW.

Really amazing about Franzen as you wish he would do more but I guess he is doing quite a bit lately.

Tomorrow is going to be crazy.  Going to opening day for the Rockies and then off to the Wings game.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/04/13 at 02:41 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 04/04/13 at 02:41 PM ET

Have a wonderful time!  And bring the Wings some energy, will you?

cool smile

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 04/04/13 at 02:57 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

How many of Franzen’s 9 points in the last 9 games were secondary assists vs. goals/primary assists? Does anyone know?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/04/13 at 03:05 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Dealing with the late starts is the only way to prep for the playoffs. I hope it helps to keep the pressure off by playing on the road. Tough schedule should toughen up the Wings.

I like all the young-uns getting more ice time.

Uncle Mike, are you listening?

Thanks OKie.

Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/13 at 03:36 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

Well bitches, it gives me great pleasure to say that I will be attending my first ever Wings game tonight.  Seems odd that it will be in the desert, but what ya gonna do.  Pretty frigging excited.

Just win this damn game Wings.  Just win.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 04/04/13 at 04:16 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

That’s awesome man. Have a blast and a beer for me.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 04/04/13 at 04:24 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Just win this damn game Wings.  Just win.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 04/04/13 at 04:16 PM ET

A virgin! Have a blast, and, do the 19 proud, Whore-style. You are the Good Luck Charm tonite.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 04/04/13 at 04:29 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 04/04/13 at 03:05 PM ET

Dammit.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/13 at 04:30 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

just remember, if they lose tonight and end up missing the playoffs…it’s ALL YOUR FAULT.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 04/04/13 at 04:31 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Just win this damn game Wings.  Just win.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 04/04/13 at 04:16 PM ET

DONT be a game-wrecker, DO have a blast.

Khan:

Babcock said Brunner is out. Lashoff in for White. DeKeyser not playing. Zetterberg is in. . .

Wings skating with these lines; 8-13-93, 51-40-11, 20-63-24, 14-25-17. Tootoo working in on 4th line. Bertuzzi also skating.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 04/04/13 at 04:39 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Franzen last 9 games

2G, 5 Primary assist, 2 Secondary assists.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/13 at 04:43 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Deuce, you are my hero. If you get there early enough, try to get down beside the ice while they warm up. It’s a great feeling to see it up close. It’s OK to genuflect when Pavel skates by.

Posted by dougie on 04/04/13 at 04:44 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Franzen last 9 games
2G, 5 Primary assist, 2 Secondary assists.
Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/13 at 04:43 PM ET

Much better than I was expecting.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/04/13 at 04:57 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Das Loafer has been doing better. But he still flops on the ice after being touched. The Big Puss. But he is doing alright in the point department.

May the force be with the Wings tonight.

Oh.. Danny Deke isn’t playing tonight.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/04/13 at 05:06 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Thanks Okie!

Time to stop kicking the tires and light some fires as Cap’n Ron used to say.  The New, Improved, Mobetta, Red Wings debut tonight.  I can hardly wait to see the changes and note the chemistry.  I really like this team…..

I concur, get there early and watch the pre game skate next to the glass.  Pavs does tricks with the pucks in the warm ups that ya have to see.  Have fun!!

LGRW !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, for the 23rd postseason.... on 04/04/13 at 06:21 PM ET

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 04/04/13 at 04:16 PM ET

If you get weird looks about Jimmy’s Dong, well…

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/04/13 at 06:30 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

LGRW !!!!!
Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, procrastilaxin….whore style on 04/04/13 at 06:21 PM ET

Rummy, you had a typo there, so being the helpful person that I am, I fixed for ya.  grin

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/04/13 at 06:56 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

How kind of you, Captain.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 04/04/13 at 07:09 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Just win this damn game Wings.  Just win.

Posted by ITDeuce from The Land of Ice and Snow on 04/04/13 at 04:16 PM ET

Odd that it will be out in PHX, but at least you’ll have a lot of company in Red and White.  Let’s see, taking the ice for warm ups in 2 hours?  Yes by all means get down there at ice level for the warm ups.

Have fun, and don’t be a Game Wrecker!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 04/04/13 at 07:33 PM ET