Abel to Yzerman

Gambling In The Neon…It’s All About The Road From Here On In

And for the first time ever, Jackson Browne makes a Live Blog appearance.  Okie will get the reference.  Kate might too. RWBill also.  Actually, all you bastards (and bastardettes) are older than me. You should all get it. Except for Herm, who's still like 16 which makes what we did with H2H disgusting and illegal.

The storyline from this point forward is going to be incredibly simple: If the Wings win on the road they're in.  If they don't, the streak stops at 21.  That simple.  We've all read about what a great job our Uncle Mike has done with an injury-depleted lineup. The Diggers are writing daily manifestos, pledging their love and everlasting allegiance to their very own Joe Carroll.  And now that Justin Abdelkader scored a clutch, skilled, late-game goal the other night in the most tense of all situations? You, we, I have nothing to bitch about.  Validation for Mike Babcock. By all means, keep that checking line together.

Oh, I'm posting this early because I predict Darren Helm plays today and when it's announced I want to look smart.

But it's the road.  The Road. That's going to determine our joy quotient the rest of the way.  JB (not the JB mentioned above but that's a nifty coincidence) will explain below.  It's a Live Blog, bitches.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

1 2 3 >  Last ›      Next »

calquake's avatar

Top o’ the mornin’ and bottom of the barrel.  I’m aboard the Hasek and I ain’t givin’ my seat up for nobody.  Let’s do this.

Posted by calquake on 03/09/13 at 12:22 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Tony Dorsett is out with a broken clavichord of the left ventricle. Tootoo bangs on somebody else this time I guess. Maurice gets a goal and we go home to smack it again.

Game On!

Oh, and dont let Monster scare the jeebus out of you with that wild flailing. It’s supposed to look like that.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 03/09/13 at 12:23 PM ET

BrendonR's avatar

Now’s the time to grab some easy points. Wings’ new first line for today:

Justin Abdelkader-Pavel Datsyuk-Derek Meech

Posted by BrendonR on 03/09/13 at 12:26 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Chief, I’m from the Cosmic Dust era, but I guess I didn’t follow Jackson Browne enough.  I don’t get the reference.  Hopefully, one of the others will.

Bring on the BJs, bitches!

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/09/13 at 12:49 PM ET

klank's avatar

Tony Dorsett is out with a broken clavichord of the left ventricle

good… good.  every Jackets game I have watched the puck seems to find him.

LGRW!!

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 03/09/13 at 12:55 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I don’t get it either. The ref of course. But I’m new school. Samuel L Jackson as Jules Winnfield is where I’m at. smile

The Inglewood Jack.

Funny Stuff.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/09/13 at 01:20 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Sing us a song you’re the Piano Man !

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 03/09/13 at 01:35 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Nobody rides for free
Nobody gets it like they want it to be
Nobody hands you any guarantee

He was the bard of the 70’s. I saw him at Crisler Arena back when I was in high school. I learned alot about stuff. She could have turned out to be almost anyone, almost anyone, with the possible exception of who I wanted her to be.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 03/09/13 at 01:49 PM ET

Ahoy, Sailor.  A Max’s fried chicken breakfast salute to you and yours.

Just get the two points, Wings.  Just.Get.Them.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/09/13 at 01:53 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I am not worried aboot missing the first period due to work, since nothing much seems to happen early these days.

The liquor store next to the shop is open, and I am feeling flush enough to spring for a bottle of Jameson Extra Primo Excellante Giganto Special Reserve On Steroids.

I intend to be good and drunk the next time we speak.

LGRW!!

Posted by dougie on 03/09/13 at 01:56 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Okie will get the reference.

Uhhh - I got nothing.  Kinda like Gator before that EN goal.

And kinda like DET’s road PP.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/09/13 at 02:04 PM ET

Jameson Extra Primo Excellante Giganto Special Reserve on Steroids.

(writing)

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 03/09/13 at 02:06 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Jameson Extra Primo Excellante Giganto Special Reserve on Steroids.

Now that’s what I’m talking about.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/09/13 at 02:11 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Aaaah .I had a bumper sticker on my POS Chevy Nomad station wagon that said gas,grass, or ass nobody rides for free bitches. tongue wink

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/09/13 at 02:12 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

DET,  9 Road Games,  33 PP - 0 PP Goals

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/09/13 at 02:20 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Sergei Bob. Has been pretty decent too. We’ll see how it goes.

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/09/13 at 02:31 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

I miss the Wings Pre-Game. I want to see it!

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/09/13 at 02:34 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Top O the Morning 19!

Looking for more game winning theatrics from the 8-11-13 line in this brunchtime tilt.  Yes indeed.

Chief, er, Command Master Chief the “JB” reference?  Is that the foto I sent ya??  Just axing…

Let’s Go Red Wings !!!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 03/09/13 at 02:35 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Weekend howdies to all! It’s a glorious sunny 54 degree day here south of the Washington Beltway and I am inside with you all…..

Road Win, Road Win, Road Win!!!!!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 03/09/13 at 02:37 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

The Flyers are terrible.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/09/13 at 02:37 PM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 03/09/13 at 12:49 PM ET

He (Jackson Browne) lives in the Ojai area not too far from here.  You’d think he’d be happy to hear from a huge fan (damn restraining order).

Posted by calquake on 03/09/13 at 02:42 PM ET

klank's avatar

I miss the Wings Pre-Game. I want to see it!

Center Ice should grant us this wish; include the Post Game interviews as well.  one can dream?

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 03/09/13 at 02:45 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

Let’s do this.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 03/09/13 at 02:48 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Monster in goal.  Get it done, boys!

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/09/13 at 02:55 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

The Ducks just gave crazy Getzlaff $8 million for 8 years?!?!?  Are they nuts?

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 03/09/13 at 02:59 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Another early weekend game,another day to put off raking the pine cones up on a sunshiney 61 degree day. Another day in the maison de bowwow.  Go Wings and get a pp goal eh?

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/09/13 at 03:00 PM ET

RorSchach's avatar

Wings Feed

Posted by RorSchach from Datsberg on 03/09/13 at 03:00 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

It’s a glorious sunny 54 degree day here south of the Washington

gosh, and here i was feeling skippy because the temp was 34 here.

FSD FEED

FSD FEED about 30 seconds ahead of the other feed.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/09/13 at 03:02 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

for anyone that may have missed this earlier in the GDT comments ...

Pasha at his best - comment from GJM’s post for today’s game at TMR.

‘Using an analogy to sum up Abdelkader’s contribution to the top six forwards this season, Datsyuk said, “It’s like somebody needs to pull the piano and somebody needs to play the piano. This is a guy who pulls the piano.” ‘

Great Stuff.

Posted by w2j2 on 03/09/13 at 06:13 AM ET

LOL

m u s t   w i n   r o a d   g a m e s ...

m u s t   i m p r o v e   P P ...

m u s t   w i n   r o a d   g a m e s ...

m u s t   i m p r o v e   P P ...

m u s t   w i n   r o a d   g a m e s ...

m u s t   i m p r o v e   P P ...

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/09/13 at 03:04 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Aaàhhhh thank you baby Jesus. A Detroit feed with the Mick on the road.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 03/09/13 at 03:04 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Game On!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 03/09/13 at 03:10 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

Q at plus-12 ...

who’da thunk?

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/09/13 at 03:11 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

They are six points out and thinking they can make it. We are in fourth,at this moment, and looking a golf brochures.

Go figure…..

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 03/09/13 at 03:12 PM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

what does it mean when ‘he who shall not be named’ leads the team with a +12?

is he really that good, or just lucky to be on the ice when the puck goes in for the red team?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 03/09/13 at 03:12 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Another chance at ineptitude

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/09/13 at 03:16 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

PP

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 03/09/13 at 03:16 PM ET

ITDeuce's avatar

1st road PPG maybe?

Posted by ITDeuce from The Sunny High Desert on 03/09/13 at 03:16 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

lOOKS dANGEROUS

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 03/09/13 at 03:17 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Wow, everyone is getting in on the ineptitude.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 03/09/13 at 03:17 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

I’d love to see a statistic of what the Wings’ face off percentage is on the opening face off of a powerplay. I bet it’s less than 40% for the season.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 03/09/13 at 03:17 PM ET