Abel to Yzerman

Every One Of You Needs To Skip This Live Blog, Because The “Streak” Ends Tonite

Don’t get all sad on me now.  It had to end some time.  You didn’t really expect the Wings to win every remaining home game on their schedule, did you?  That’s just crazy talk.  And there isn’t a single redolent one of you who doesn’t know precisely what I’m talking about.  This thing ends tonite.

Kulfan

The Blue Jackets are the worst team in the league with their 13-28-5 (31 points) record…They have the worst goal differential in the league (minus-41), allowing 152 goals while scoring 110. …The lone bright spot, as usual, is RW Rick Nash (16 goals, 16 assists).

Go on Rick.  Scoring when it matters the least.  Attababy.

So count it. Nash will be a monster and will register more shots shorthanded than the Wings will on the power play.

Steve Mason will be incredible and we’ll remember the days we wished he was our baby boy instead of Tiberius.  We’ll chuckle at that, though, because there isn’t a goalie in hockey I’d trade for F’ing Howard now or ever, ever.

The Wings will outshoot the BJs by a factor of 3-1 and will still lose by two goals.

Someone will explain to me the whole pencil joke from the other night and I still won’t understand it.

The Wings will lose this game because “trap” doesn’t even define it.  It’s a pit of quicksand mixed with baby shit, Ten High whiskey, vomitus and baby oil sweated off Gary Bettman’s back.

So yes, we’ll live blog it.  And we’ll be bitches while we do.  It’s just important that reality rule the evening.  Because there is no chance in holy hell we’re winning this thing.

There.  That do the trick?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 11 12 13

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

Just woke up to this ditty on Yahoo!

Wyshynski is such an ass hat.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 01/22/12 at 12:35 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 01/21/12 at 10:08 PM ET

Dude, I can’t stop laughing at that either. Ku-ma-te   Ku-ma-te   Ku-ma-te

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 01/22/12 at 12:36 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I have only read one article of his, one that was pointed out by Malik I think, some feature about the Wings or Yzerman a couple of years ago.  Is that the guy that calls himself Puck Daddy?  With a name like that I don’t bother reading whenever Chief links something over here.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 12:41 PM ET

dougie's avatar

And feels very similar to taking the fat drunk chick home from the bar at 2 pm. Sure, ya get the score, but it’s hard to feel good about.

Posted by dougie on 01/21/12 at 09:50 PM ET

I assume you meant AM….and how’d you know what my plans were tonight?

Posted by Valek on 01/21/12 at 09:56 PM ET

Not a typo, Valek. It’s pretty bad when you do that at 2 AM, but a 2 in the afternoon, it’s even worse.

I guess picking up 4 points in shootouts in the last 10 days or so is much better than a loss. I just hate to see these guys giving up points to teams they should OWN in regulation.

Posted by dougie on 01/22/12 at 02:01 PM ET

monkey's avatar

If you hadn’t seen it Chief, this is my new license plate.

That is stupendous.  I live in Roanoke, the belly of the VT beast- that is getting forwarded.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/22/12 at 02:39 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

No additional punishment for Zata? Agree.

Awkward play but not suspension-worthy.

Z sat out the balance of the game, but even that was questionable.
However, as the rules are now, that “penalty” was sufficient.

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 01/22/12 at 02:40 PM ET

monkey's avatar

I’ve checked with the powers that be in Phoenix, and have received official word.  No suspension for Zetterberg: Nikitin got up.

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/22/12 at 04:29 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

JoePa passed away? RIP.  Now we find out if Jerry Sandusky is a necrophiliac as well as a homosexual pedophile pederast rapist.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 05:00 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by monkey from the morel high ground on 01/22/12 at 12:39 PM ET

It is exquisite.  It came to me in the 3 day sleepless fog of a whirlwind trip to and returning from the Sugar Bowl while at Dulles Airport.  As soon as I got home I went on DMV online and ordered it.

There are a lot of those ridiculous turkey decals everywhere in VA.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 05:14 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Since November 5 the Red Wings are 27-10, and have passed 23 teams in the NHL standings.

Am I bored and procrastinating?  Heckya.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with Super Creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 05:41 PM ET

monkey's avatar

There are a lot of those ridiculous turkey decals everywhere in VA.

Foghorn Leghorn?

Posted by monkey from Praha, Česká republika on 01/22/12 at 06:16 PM ET

Behind_Enemy_Lines's avatar

Posted by RWBill from Jerry Sandusky’s defense team. on 01/21/12 at 10:23 PM ET

That is so bad ass dude. Well done sir.

Posted by Behind_Enemy_Lines from Evanston,IL on 01/22/12 at 08:06 PM ET

Jeebus, how did I miss this?

Back from Surprise 18th birthday party and Wings starting OT
GO WINGS!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer’s chair on 01/21/12 at 09:32 PM ET

Happy 18th, Little Redhead.  Sure hope you had a good one with the Wings delivering you a win.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/22/12 at 11:10 PM ET

dougie's avatar

I live in Roanoke, the belly of the VT beast-

Serious bidness, my cabin in Carroll Co., Va overlooks Beamer’s Knob, ancestral home of Frank Beamer’s clan. With binoculars, I can see the Beamer family Cemetery.

Posted by dougie on 01/23/12 at 01:18 PM ET