Abel to Yzerman

Every One Of You Needs To Skip This Live Blog, Because The “Streak” Ends Tonite

Don’t get all sad on me now.  It had to end some time.  You didn’t really expect the Wings to win every remaining home game on their schedule, did you?  That’s just crazy talk.  And there isn’t a single redolent one of you who doesn’t know precisely what I’m talking about.  This thing ends tonite.

Kulfan

The Blue Jackets are the worst team in the league with their 13-28-5 (31 points) record…They have the worst goal differential in the league (minus-41), allowing 152 goals while scoring 110. …The lone bright spot, as usual, is RW Rick Nash (16 goals, 16 assists).

Go on Rick.  Scoring when it matters the least.  Attababy.

So count it. Nash will be a monster and will register more shots shorthanded than the Wings will on the power play.

Steve Mason will be incredible and we’ll remember the days we wished he was our baby boy instead of Tiberius.  We’ll chuckle at that, though, because there isn’t a goalie in hockey I’d trade for F’ing Howard now or ever, ever.

The Wings will outshoot the BJs by a factor of 3-1 and will still lose by two goals.

Someone will explain to me the whole pencil joke from the other night and I still won’t understand it.

The Wings will lose this game because “trap” doesn’t even define it.  It’s a pit of quicksand mixed with baby shit, Ten High whiskey, vomitus and baby oil sweated off Gary Bettman’s back.

So yes, we’ll live blog it.  And we’ll be bitches while we do.  It’s just important that reality rule the evening.  Because there is no chance in holy hell we’re winning this thing.

There.  That do the trick?

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 10 11 12 13 >       Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

James Fuching Howard!  Once again saves our bacon. Howie should be #1.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/22/12 at 12:44 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

A dirty 2 points, let’s hit the showers… Together!

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 12:44 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

James F. Tiberius Howard stole this one for the Wings tonight.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 01/22/12 at 12:44 AM ET

Well, sad that it took a SO to beat the cellar dwelling Jackets.  But at this point 2 points is 2 points.

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 01/21/12 at 09:43 PM ET

Yup.  As I said in one of George’s postings, I’m not very good in celebrating a win when it goes to a shootout.

It’s a relief more than anything else.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/22/12 at 12:45 AM ET

calquake's avatar

A dirty 2 points, let’s hit the showers… Together!

Posted by RWBill from Jerry Sandusky’s defense team. on 01/21/12 at 09:44 PM ET

Sorry Jerry… I’ve got homework.

Posted by calquake on 01/22/12 at 12:46 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

A dirty 2 points, let’s hit the showers… Together!

Grab yur SOPA on a rope ahhh!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 01/22/12 at 12:46 AM ET

2 points is 2 points….and Chawks down 4-1 to Nashville after 2.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/22/12 at 12:46 AM ET

Posted by HockeyFanOhio from Central Ohio on 01/21/12 at 09:43 PM ET

Yup but all I’ll care about in the morning is how 2 more points look in the standings.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 12:47 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Nighty nite.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/22/12 at 12:48 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Yet we drink…......Cheers!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 01/22/12 at 12:50 AM ET

dougie's avatar

2 points is 2 points

And feels very similar to taking the fat drunk chick home from the bar at 2 pm. Sure, ya get the score, but it’s hard to feel good about.

Posted by dougie on 01/22/12 at 12:50 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

thought jimmy f’n dong was the number one star.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/22/12 at 12:50 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Off to the hot tub for some rum and strumpets.

Night all!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 01/22/12 at 12:51 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

After this I just take my morning after pill and move on to the next one.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 12:53 AM ET

Posted by dougie on 01/21/12 at 09:50 PM ET

I assume you meant AM….and how’d you know what my plans were tonight?

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 01/22/12 at 12:56 AM ET

Posted by dougie on 01/21/12 at 09:50 PM ET

Say what now?

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 12:56 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Preds ass-kicking Hawks at start of third.  Oops, Hossa scored early on breakaway

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 12:58 AM ET

Posted by dougie on 01/21/12 at 09:50 PM ET

Reminds me of a song and a verse from the Dropkick Murphys.

One night at the pub a girl caught his eye big as a house,
just the right size the broad was enormous,
stacked to the hilt spicy soon noticed a bulge in his kilt
the piper delivered his best pick-up line thought to himself,
“this beast is all mine” the portly young lady could stand for no more
grabbed his cojones and went for the door

The Spicy McHaggis Jig.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/22/12 at 01:00 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Talk aboot feeling dirty, I’m watching a Bubba broadcast and pulling for Nashville.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 01:00 AM ET

And it’s 5-2 Preds over the Cawks.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/22/12 at 01:02 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I ate some Chinese - food, calquake - between first and second period and now my abdomen is cramping and gurgling like a mother.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 01:02 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

The Spicy McHaggis Jig.

Posted by SYF

thanks for giving the link like dm

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 01/22/12 at 01:04 AM ET

One of my favorite bands of all time, Yoop.

Of all time.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/22/12 at 01:06 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

I don’t know why…but I just keep laughing at this

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/22/12 at 01:08 AM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Aloha bitches. I’m awake.  I’m assuming I’m receiving full credit for this victory, as flawed as it appears to have been.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 01/22/12 at 01:15 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 01/21/12 at 10:15 PM ET

You were spot on tonite, Master Chief. Thanks.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/22/12 at 01:19 AM ET

mc

This seems like a reasonable price.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 01:19 AM ET

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 01/21/12 at 10:15 PM ET

On a platter, player.  Well done.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/22/12 at 01:21 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

If you hadn’t seen it Chief, this is my new license plate.

I did reserve “12 STNLY” for this June.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 01:23 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

If you hadn’t seen it Chief, this is my new license plate.

I did reserve “12 STNLY” for this June.

Posted by RWBill from Jerry Sandusky’s defense team. on 01/21/12 at 10:23 PM ET

I’m still in for that $4.20 when it’s time for that plate change.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/22/12 at 01:26 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

I appreciate the contribution.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 01:29 AM ET

And the Preds stuffed the Cawks into their collective shells.  5-2 Preds over the Cawks.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/22/12 at 01:33 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

With Preds beating Hawks in regulation, difference between teams is thin as dick skin.

DET 65

CHI 64

STL 62

NSV 60

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 01:36 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Overall Standings:

1   DETROIT   48   32   15   1   65
2   CHICAGO   49   29   14   6   64
3   ST LOUIS   47   29   12   6   64

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 01/22/12 at 01:49 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

So tonight now the Hawks dropped from 1st to 5th.

Gap is thin as dick skin.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 01:53 AM ET

I will tell you the problem is most severe when using Firefox.  Chrome and IE seem to be quicker and again, we are trying to fix this problem and quickly too.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/21/12 at 06:30 PM ET

I didn’t have any significant problems with Safari’s uploading of comments to the site.  It had about the same rate of upload as Chrome.  I haven’t been on this site using IE nor Firefox for several years now so I’m only saying that Safari and Chrome are about equal in the upload rate.

But I would still continue to use Chrome as my standard/default browser.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 01/22/12 at 01:53 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

This is the link to the standings.  Chi is below STL because of more games played.

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 01:56 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by RWBill from Jerry Sandusky’s defense team. on 01/21/12 at 10:56 PM ET

Two interesting things I see there.

1 - How the HELL is Florida leading their division with a -13 goal differential?

2 - Wings and Nordilanche are the only teams to not lose in the shootout yet this year.  Wings 5-0   Nords 7-0

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 01/22/12 at 03:14 AM ET

Avs fan here…... just wanted to chime in on something you all already knew…..  Hank did absolutely nothing wrong on the Nikitin hit.    That was a seriously eff’d up call.

Posted by jd21 on 01/22/12 at 05:02 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yeah, thanks for the note. It will be interesting to see what Shanahan says.  It most likely will be, “Why am I looking at this? 5 minutes and a game misconduct, really?”

Posted by RWBill from cruising Brush Street with creepy Rob Lowe. on 01/22/12 at 01:10 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 10 11 12 13 >       Next »