Abel to Yzerman

Eastward Bound Via Bullet Bob

It all comes back to Seger, back to Bullet Bob. Because it must. It's been decreed for 8 years.  Seger will guide us we'll follow him blindly.

We're going to see some old friends because Seger told us it's good for our soul. We've headed East because he said that a change would do us good.

On to the East because it makes sense. And it should have happened a decade ago back when our shrew commissioner told us it would. But he lied because that's what shrews do.  He lied like my babysitter did when I was six. That skank. I told her that all I wanted was to watch the damn Jerry Lewis Movie Marathon on Channel 25 in Saginaw at 4pm and she said she'd come get me when it was on but every time I asked what time it was she'd say "about that time" and I'd go back into my room and I missed the whole damn thing because her fat ass wanted to watch soaps.

Well? It's about that time.

Jimmy D and Mr. I and Tick Tock? They're too smart to let it out, but I'll say it: we were promised the East but the East didn't come because Bettman was too busy riding the backs of the Winged Wheel to inflate the bullshit teams in places like Nashville, Phoenix, and Columbus. He was too busy helping hockey-dumb owners in Anaheim, LA, San Jose rake in the cash by doubling prices every time the Wings and our transplants hit town.

Well, see ya. And Good Frigging Riddance.  Because we're eastbound where we belonged years ago.
And as we leave? You can kiss our asses in Denver. Pucker up with your two bogus Cups, your idiotically retired sweaters, your spritzers and your oh-it's-so-tough-to-sleep beat writers. Suck it.  Take your statue of liberty and your 7-0 ass kicking in a game seven, take your Lemieuxs and your "footers" your Floppas, your endless youth movements, your carousel of coaches and your 6 fans..and shove them up your mile high Quebec stealing asses.

As we leave? You scumbags in St. Louis can suck it too.  Your "fuch Detroits"? Ha. Fuch you. Again. Every time. Every playoff series. Every Cup we've raised? Suck it. Take your Pall Malls and hand them to your sister/cousins.  We owned your asses for twenty years and you have nothing to show for it but bitterness and bile.  See ya.

Screw the West. Bring on the East.

Bring us your Rosbys, your fake captains with the "Made in Gary's Fantasy" tramp stamps. Bring us your Charas and watch him chase Datsyuk like a pregnant moose.  Bring us your badass "physical play" and watch your golden Swede defector pot PP goal after goal.

It's on now.  On to the East where we should have been if not for a midget with an agenda.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  With an Eastern slant like it should have been years ago.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 11 12 13

dougie's avatar

I figured a PP would be called soon, just not against Buffalo

Posted by dougie on 10/02/13 at 10:28 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

I figured a PP would be called soon, just not against Buffalo

Still lots of time.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/02/13 at 10:29 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Babbles sending a message playing Weiss and unibomber on first pp shift there.

Posted by Yzersyuk on 10/02/13 at 10:30 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

Don’t mean shit if you can’t score.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 10/02/13 at 10:30 PM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Consistant effort from those two all game

Posted by Yzersyuk on 10/02/13 at 10:31 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Yeah, but we looked damn good not scoring. Last year we looked reaaly bad not scoring.

Posted by dougie on 10/02/13 at 10:32 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Whats up bitches?
Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/02/13 at 10:26 PM ET

Well, Jimmah’s scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man’s here. We need a live rooster to take the curse off Zs stick and nobody seems to know how to play 6- minutes. We’re dealing with a lot of shit here.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/02/13 at 10:33 PM ET

Bent's avatar

Z & Dats toying with them.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 10/02/13 at 10:33 PM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Awesome Wings Won 2-1.

Night!

Let Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 10/02/13 at 10:34 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

First win of,the new season! Book it. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/02/13 at 10:34 PM ET

pgoody's avatar

Whats up bitches?
Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/02/13 at 10:26 PM ET

Lotta ins, lotta outs… alotta what have yous…

Posted by pgoody on 10/02/13 at 10:34 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Good win.  See ya’ll next time.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/02/13 at 10:34 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Glad I didn’t spend the entire off-season wringing my hands.

Posted by dougie on 10/02/13 at 10:35 PM ET

Anything was going to be better than last year’s opener.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 10/02/13 at 10:35 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

I need to find the other car with the 11 cups so we can get a picture friday night

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/02/13 at 10:35 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from Warm and sunny SoCal on 10/02/13 at 10:33 PM ET

I’m sure Jiri Hudler has some live chickens to sell.

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/02/13 at 10:35 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Two points down 106 more to go

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 10/02/13 at 10:35 PM ET

monkey's avatar

Lotta ins, lotta outs… alotta what have yous…

My thinking about this game had become very uptight.

Posted by monkey from Finland on 10/02/13 at 10:36 PM ET

Mandingo's avatar

They had a good first period and then fell asleep.

Won’t work against teams that will actually make the playoffs. Sorry.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 10/02/13 at 10:38 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yep. This game will go to OT.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 10/02/13 at 10:21 PM ET

Midseason form!

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/02/13 at 10:38 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/02/13 at 10:35 PM ET

That would be awesome. If you can get there early, if should be easy to park in the same area. Let me know.

Posted by dougie on 10/02/13 at 10:38 PM ET

stonehands-78's avatar

2-1

book ‘em, danno

1st “W” of the season

L.G.R.W.

Posted by stonehands-78 from the beginning ... a WingsFan, on 10/02/13 at 10:41 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/02/13 at 10:35 PM ET

Posted by dougie on 10/02/13 at 10:38 PM ET

I think it’s about 3 hours to get there.  I’ll try to get there a few hours early.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/02/13 at 10:42 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Datsyuk getting high praise from Jones and Milbury. It’s like they’ve never watched a player this good before, and, have to admit it.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/02/13 at 10:46 PM ET

MsRedWingFan's avatar

lmao Master Chief ... we’ve missed you and Red Wings hockey over this oh so short summer

Posted by MsRedWingFan from West Michigan hometown of Abdelkader on 10/02/13 at 10:47 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Next game. Bitches.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 10/02/13 at 10:47 PM ET

dougie's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/02/13 at 10:42 PM ET

Bill, I sent you a PM at KK with my contact information

Posted by dougie on 10/02/13 at 10:48 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

Babbles sending a message playing Weiss and unibomber on first pp shift there.

Didn’t see this at the time.  No message whatsoever; the Datsyuk line was on the ice when the penalty occurred.  They needed a breather.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 10/02/13 at 10:51 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

is it just me or is

Zetterberg/Datsyuk/Abdelkader
Franzen/Alfredsson/Weiss

*#$%@& AWESOME?

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 10/02/13 at 11:22 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Oh man… Roy coaching the Avs is going to be absolutely fantastic, isn’t it?

Posted by Primis on 10/03/13 at 12:45 AM ET

pgoody's avatar

(Nostalgic Sigh)

Ahhhhhhhhhh…

We left the western conference too soon…

Posted by pgoody on 10/03/13 at 02:53 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I see what you did there.  Bull Durham is one of my favorite movies.  wink

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 10/03/13 at 11:08 AM ET

Of the two UFA signings by Tick Tock, holy fuching hell, Weiss is a revelation.  Every time I saw him on the ice, he had eyes on all sides of his head and the ice awareness of an overlord.  He was in the perfect places almost all the time.

Helluva signing.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 10/03/13 at 12:55 PM ET

RWBill's avatar

he had eyes on all sides of his head
Posted by SYF from minding the gap on 10/03/13 at 12:55 PM ET

I see what you did there.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 10/03/13 at 06:46 PM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Hello to all my fellow reprobates. Was at the game last night and saw many good things. Anderson and DeKeyser looked great. Smith? Not so much. The circus line looked like their timing was off by micromilliters and will improve with time.

I think that signing Alfie will help taking pressure off Weiss to do too much.

Will probably miss the next 2 games with family stuff but looking forward to another stellar season with you all soon.  Go Wings and Go Tigers

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 10/03/13 at 09:13 PM ET

« Previous       ‹ First  < 11 12 13