Abel to Yzerman

Driven By A Mule

Paul here subbing for IwoCPO who emailed me earlier today, asking if I could post the live blog since he was about to lose web access.

So here I am, not dazzling you with my vanilla vocabulary but rather stating it is time to ride “The Mule”.

The Wings need a strong game from Franzen tonight and if so, everything else falls into place.

If not, someone unexpected will need to step up.

So enjoy this ‘late-nighter’ and you have my permission to take Friday off.

It’s a Live Blog bit****!

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›      Next »

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Fuch snow. I prefer to live without it.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 02:26 AM ET

calquake's avatar

I grew up just north of Grand Rapids…have done the last 5 1/2 years in North Dakota.  Saw more snow the last four years than I think I saw my whole time in Michigan.  This year…there’s barely anything on the ground.

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/02/12 at 11:25 PM ET

Biblical Warming.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 02:26 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

42 years in Detroit, 5 in Marquette… I loath winter.

50+ years northern great lakes iron range. hibbing minn, western marquette co. mich. some winters -43F or 368 inches of snow.

give me a wood stove and fuel to burn,  and an gore connection and i am good to go.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 02:27 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

13:51 Jiri Hudler (17) Snap Shot - Assists: V. Filppula (26) & B. Stuart (6)

SolidTG7's avatar

LOL you don’t see that too TPL putting someone to the ice.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 02:28 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

This year…there’s barely anything on the ground.

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 02/02/12 at 11:25 PM ET

It was 67 in the Killadelphia area yesterday. Mid 50s today. Very mild winter this year, and I am not complaining.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 02:28 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Missed the dirty little play on Stuie.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 02:29 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/02/12 at 11:27 PM ET

Having lived in the U.P. for 5 years and getting to know “yoopers”....  this man is not kidding.  They are a hearty bunch.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 02:29 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

bring on global warming. any time now.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 02:29 AM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

ewww.  bad.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/03/12 at 02:30 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

I’m not an Ericsson supporter, but an injury is not the way I want him out of the lineup.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/03/12 at 02:31 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Keep taking dumb penalties, what are they booing over?

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 02:31 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Goddamn this fauxing team.

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/03/12 at 02:31 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Lived in Michigan for 37 years. Then Phoenix for 13. Been outside of Philly since 2003.
I got used to the sun and warm weather.

You don’t have to shovel Sunshine.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 02:32 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

Hank got 5 and the game for less than that.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/03/12 at 02:33 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

what were the fans shouting,

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 02:33 AM ET

Yzersyuk's avatar

Chanting “Red Wings suck” when your currently losing to the Red Wings is just like saying “But we suck more.” Stoopid canuck fans

Posted by Yzersyuk on 02/03/12 at 02:34 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

0-4….

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 02/03/12 at 02:34 AM ET

Have a Wing player take Salo’s skates out from under him on an icing playing breaking one of his fragile little ankles and then maybe the Vancouver fans will realize how ridiculous their booing of that call was.

I take that back….breaking Salo’s ankle might cause a riot.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/03/12 at 02:35 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Jimmy Dong.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 02:35 AM ET

Nate A's avatar

No Bud Clynch goal. Thank you Jimmy.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 02/03/12 at 02:35 AM ET

Rumbear's avatar

JIMMAH! fought that one off!!!

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, hanging with Dan Cleary.... on 02/03/12 at 02:35 AM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

Jesu Christo they tried to give them a goal.  Thank you JFH.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 02/03/12 at 02:35 AM ET

Little Redhead's avatar

Jimmah with the SAVES!

Posted by Little Redhead from the Engineer's chair on 02/03/12 at 02:36 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

James Fuching Howard saves our bacon. Once again.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 02:36 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

I thought it was “Ref, you suck”.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/03/12 at 02:36 AM ET

Bent's avatar

I would feel better about detroits 30 shots on goal if they had 4 goals.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 02/03/12 at 02:37 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Jim-my How-ard! Jim-my How-ard! Jim-my How-ard! Jim-my How-ard! Jim-my How-ard! Jim-my How-ard! Jim-my How-ard! Jim-my How-ard! Jim-my How-ard! Jim-my How-ard!

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 02:37 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

0-4….

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 02/02/12 at 11:34 PM ET

Sickening, isn’t it?

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 02/03/12 at 02:37 AM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

My Nucks aren’t really proving you guys wrong tonight.  Damn it..

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 02/03/12 at 02:38 AM ET

Blackhawks stellar team D on display again.  5-4 Edmonton early in third.

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/03/12 at 02:39 AM ET

Make that 6-4 Edmonton

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 02/03/12 at 02:39 AM ET

calquake's avatar

My Nucks aren’t really proving you guys wrong tonight.  Damn it..

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from Victoria on 02/02/12 at 11:38 PM ET

Hey, they’re a good team… I just don’t like ‘em.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 02:39 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

Vancouver radio had Filppula for the second intermission. ask what its like being the only Finn on a team of Swedes.

“it can be a little rough sometimes’

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 02:40 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Make that 6-4 Edmonton

Posted by Valek on 02/02/12 at 11:39 PM ET

Good…. my cat sacrifice wasn’t in vain then.

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 02:41 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

My Nucks aren’t really proving you guys wrong tonight. ...

Posted by tuxedoTshirt

that the wings are old, and should start playing their age?

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 02:41 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

oilers have a player with a hat trick sofar tonight against the hawks.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 02:43 AM ET

TheRealYooper's avatar

SOG after two; 30-11 wings

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/03/12 at 02:44 AM ET

calquake's avatar

oilers have a player with a hat trick sofar tonight against the hawks.

Posted by TheRealYooper from within sight of the edge of the Earth. on 02/02/12 at 11:43 PM ET

(Ted) Nugent-Hopkins?

Posted by calquake on 02/03/12 at 02:44 AM ET

Guilherme's avatar

oilers have a player with a hat trick sofar tonight against the hawks.

Sam Gagner has a hat trick AND three assists.

Posted by Guilherme from Brazsil on 02/03/12 at 02:45 AM ET