Abel to Yzerman

Do Not Be Ashamed…It’s Happened To Bankers, Lawyers, Cops and Happy Czech Oompa Loompas

I worked Seger and our Happy Hudler into the same post title, and talked about hookers without even having "hookers" as a phrase that will catch the spammers.  Of course, the ads here on KK should be interesting for a few days.

I digress. As usual.  Hey guess what Ryan Getzlaf's faceoff stats are through four games?

He's taken 92 faceoffs and won 0.

That's a lie but it's an educated lie.

The Wings have owned him.  Datsyuk has owned him.  Zetterberg: owned him. Andersson: owned him.  Gilchrist: owned him.

By and large, he's done nothing.  By and larger, Z and our Russian Prince have been amazing.  Tough, tireless, terrific..just like Mitch would say (our delicate genius).  Corey Perry?

That little dumpster diver hasn't done dick.

Two ways to look at that: Wings are dominating their best players, but still tied 2-2.  Or, Wings have held them down and that can't last for long.

Either way, it's a good reason to just start pounding warm PBR right now.

Gary's starting this game at 8 on the West Coast. (NEVERMIND IT'S 7, I THOUGHT IT WAS 8.  SHIT.) Seriously, that's late even for those of us ON the West Coast.  You suckers have to stay up until at least 2. And you will. Every single one of you.

It's a Live Blog, bitches.  Take us to 6. Get us back to the Joe with a chance to clinch in front of that madhhouse.

Filed in: | Abel to Yzerman | Permalink

Comments

« Previous       ‹ First  < 18 19 20 21 >       Next »

WestWing's avatar

well fuch—time to get really drunk now

Posted by WestWing from Portland, Oregon on 05/09/13 at 01:02 AM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Deserved result

but still sucks.

see you Friday

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 05/09/13 at 01:02 AM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Yup.  Gnite kids.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 05/09/13 at 01:02 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

FUCH a duck!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/09/13 at 01:02 AM ET

Figaro's avatar

That was a whole lot of standing around in the Overtime.  Oh well, let’s go win Game 6.

Posted by Figaro from Los Alamos, NM on 05/09/13 at 01:02 AM ET

Sad the number of times the puck was on a Wings stick and never got out

Posted by Valek from Chicago on 05/09/13 at 01:02 AM ET

Bent's avatar

Failure to score on that 5 minute major may have cost them the series.  Night all.

Posted by Bent from The U.P. on 05/09/13 at 01:02 AM ET

BC's avatar

No jump coming out.  We had better get the mojo on Friday.  Backs against the wall

Posted by BC on 05/09/13 at 01:03 AM ET

Primis's avatar

They’ve made it so hard on themselves.

Gotta’ win two in a row now.

Posted by Primis on 05/09/13 at 01:03 AM ET

klank's avatar

Fugh… see ya’s Friday.

Posted by klank from the finest hot tub in Marin on 05/09/13 at 01:04 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

You could see a good chance coming there.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/09/13 at 01:04 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

mother fucher

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/09/13 at 01:04 AM ET

awould's avatar

Refs missed a blatant hold on Kindl by Sellane. That blows.

Posted by awould on 05/09/13 at 01:04 AM ET

peiz11's avatar

Well dammit. All is not lost. They gotta win one game at home and then it’s anyone’s series. No reason they can’t do this still. Having said that, even though they were outplayed they had that game in their hands.

Posted by peiz11 from Minneapolis on 05/09/13 at 01:05 AM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Our work is cut out for us. It is now a 7 game series.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 05/09/13 at 01:05 AM ET

Primis's avatar

You could see a good chance coming there.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/09/13 at 01:04 AM ET

The entire 3rd period was an incredibly-slow swing in momentum to ANA even though they weren’t really making it happen.  I had hoped the intermission would kill it.  It didn’t.

Posted by Primis on 05/09/13 at 01:05 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

Don’t you just HATE it when you SEE the goal that’s about to be scored…ugh

NIght bitches.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/09/13 at 01:05 AM ET

Whew. I’m exhausted just watching the Wings. They really just can’t handle the Ducks at their best. I almost think it would be better for the whole thing to end Friday…it feels like expecting much more from this team is being greedy. We got two great OT goals.

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 05/09/13 at 01:06 AM ET

Primis's avatar

I blame Jeff and his Carrot Top pic.

Posted by Primis on 05/09/13 at 01:06 AM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

Well glad it wasnt katy or the bald guy

Posted by Rdwings28 on 05/09/13 at 01:08 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Refs missed a blatant hold on Kindl by Sellane. That blows.
Posted by awould on 05/09/13 at 01:04 AM ET

They didn’t miss it. They weren’t going to call anything other than objective penalties for which they have no discretion, delay of game (puck over the glass in D zone), high stick drawing blood, etc.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/09/13 at 01:08 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 05/09/13 at 01:06 AM ET

Yeah.  It’s just… the Ducks aren’t that good.  They just aren’t.  They’re lazy and they give the Wings plenty of chances.  I don’t think it’s being too greedy.  This has been a winnable series all along.

Posted by Primis on 05/09/13 at 01:08 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

Ah well at least it ended early. Andersson with 2 costly mistakes resulting in goals.  He will learn. I am Damn proud of this team regardless of what happens Friday. Until then 19.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 05/09/13 at 01:09 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

The same 5 that won the game the other night were on the ice tonight and couldn’t get the puck out or tighten the D in front of the net.

Lashoff
Kindl
Andersson
Nyquist
Was Brunner out there then?  Don’t know.  Don’t want to watch it again.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/09/13 at 01:09 AM ET

42jeff's avatar

I blame Jeff and his Carrot Top pic.

Posted by Primis on 05/09/13 at 01:06 AM ET

I’ll be Smith pulled it up on his phone checking to see what advice the 19 had for them during the intermission.  It spooked everybdoy.

I’m sorry folks.

Ma bad.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 05/09/13 at 01:10 AM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Posted by CrimsonPhoenix on 05/09/13 at 01:06 AM ET

They’re doing a good job on Perry/Getlaff/Ryan line. They’re having trouble with the Ducks third and fourth line. They seem almost completely incapable of clearing the puck when Selane is on the ice

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/09/13 at 01:10 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Yes.  I’d say we had them on their heels as much or more than they did to us tonight, and last game even moreso.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/09/13 at 01:10 AM ET

Primis's avatar

I’m sorry folks.

Ma bad.

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 05/09/13 at 01:10 AM ET

Well I mean c’mon, when has an appearance by him ever been a herald of good things?!

Posted by Primis on 05/09/13 at 01:11 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Lashoff and Smith still look like they have so much seasoning to do yet, which, is unavoidable.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/09/13 at 01:12 AM ET

Primis's avatar

If I opened my fridge and Ken Jeong was in it…. I’d close the door.  I’d duct tape it shut.  I’d make sure there was a good seal.  And I’d take it to a truck and dump it off out in the middle of a desert somewhere.

Posted by Primis on 05/09/13 at 01:13 AM ET

cigar_nurse's avatar

We won 4 in a row just to get here. What’s 2 more now? These ducks are not that good. Very doable.

Posted by cigar_nurse from Greenville South Cakalakee on 05/09/13 at 01:15 AM ET

Primis's avatar

OK I’m out.  6:30’s gonna’ be earlier than usual.  Again.

F*** the West.

Posted by Primis on 05/09/13 at 01:15 AM ET

monkey's avatar

I am wrecked. Disregard everything I say. I’m confused and frightened.

Fear and loathing?  I’ll have what he’s having!

Posted by monkey from Finland on 05/09/13 at 07:36 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Well I just finished watching and naturally, I’m heartbroken.

I was optimistic yesterday, and I was optimistic as I began to watch this morning.  Actually, I was optimistic until the game went to OT.  My first thought was: “Can the Wings win three OT games in a row?”  Then I started to feel sick.

I haven’t read all your comments, but the way the Wings played, I’m still optimistic for this series.  If Jimmah had been ready for that shot right off the faceoff toward the end of the first… If one of those pucks that hit the post had gone in…  It was that close.

Just win one more on home ice and it’s even again.

LET’S GO RED WINGS !!!!!

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/09/13 at 10:00 AM ET

RWBill's avatar

Now I’ll talk roster between games, how much do we offer Ian White to resign with the Wings?

He’s been a trusted, steady hand down this winning streak at the end of the season and through critical playoff moments.

Watching Lashoff and Smith learn is cheaper in the short term if you only consider dollars.  Possibly may pay dividends on the ice down the road.

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/09/13 at 10:26 AM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Not a lot to say other than OT losses are really hard to take.  Well, no team has been able to win back to back games in this series.  Time for the Wings to change that up.

Let’s go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 05/09/13 at 10:57 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by RWBill from the open bar on The Hasek. on 05/09/13 at 10:26 AM ET

Smith is further along than Lahsoff.  It’s not Lahsoff’s fault, but he has no business playing right now.  He just doesn’t.  I was disappointed when they chose him over Colaiacovo.  Out of the 3, Cola was my choice.

Posted by Primis on 05/09/13 at 11:30 AM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

I don’t get that, Primis.  Lashoff played well for quite a stretch before DaKaiser was signed.  I like getting the “kids” in there - giving them a taste of playoff hockey.  I can’t see one shred of evidence that suggests Cola would have performed better.

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 05/09/13 at 02:15 PM ET

socalwingnut's avatar

I think the issue is that there are too many kids in there getting their chance at once. White would be a better choice (21 career playoff games) if for no other reason than he would not get the yips as easily as Lashoff seems to.

While watching the Ducks broadcast they have made the point two games in a row that the Ducks were trying to target the Red Wings young defense with the idea of applying enough pressure that results in turnovers. They then go to the video and show example after example of Smith and Lashoff succumbing to this.

I think that it’s painful to watch, but what we’re witnessing is a young group taking their lumps with the expectation that they will mature into a legitimate playoff force for years to come. We’ve seen every other contender go through this phase, but the difference between those other teams and the Red Wings is that they didn’t have to miss the playoffs for years before getting into this position.

Posted by socalwingnut on 05/09/13 at 04:06 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

This series now may well be decided by who has legs left for a game 7. The flying to and from Anaheim will take some kind of toll.

Wings in 7.